Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Roaring Heights Issues

I purchased Roaring Heights and have noticed it seems to have a lot of performance and routing issues in my game.

I get a lot of temporary instances of Sims refusing to go to certain buildings (the Science tower, the school, and the town hall particularly often), a lot of severe slowdowns, and I've even started getting loading issues when travelling home from vacations where the home neighborhood won't load and I'm forced to quit the game.

I have the NRaaS suite installed to help with errors and performance somewhat. It's the only custom content I have.

Apparently the town has also been periodically spawning anywhere between 10000 and 36000 vehicles in a day. I have no idea why this would happen.

Any advice? Or have I wasted my money?
q6goV2s.png
Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!

Comments

• Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    I can't speak to Roaring Heights in particular; although I have it, I've yet to play it for myself. But the NRaas Traffic mod has settings that should be preventing the overspawnage of vehicles that can kill performance like that. This is not working for you?
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    igazor wrote: »
    I can't speak to Roaring Heights in particular; although I have it, I've yet to play it for myself. But the NRaas Traffic mod has settings that should be preventing the overspawnage of vehicles that can kill performance like that. This is not working for you?

I have it on default settings. Unsure what I should do further to tweak it.

Those numbers have come from the nightly vehicle removal notices
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    Right, Overwatch will remove the excess vehicles on a nightly basis. But with Traffic doing what it's supposed to, many of us find it only has a small number of such vehicles to remove if any at all when the time comes, not tens of thousands of them.

NRaas > Traffic > Routing > Always Use Taxis for Inactives Lacking Vehicles > True (this is the default)
    NRaas > Traffic > Routing > Allow Performance Career Limos > False (this is not the default and might be what helps fix things)

The ice cream and snack truck settings are usually fine on defaults.

If Showtime is in play and this world has sims who are high enough in their performance careers, that might be the cause of that particular issue. It wouldn't be such a significant factor in worlds where performance sims aren't progressing very far. There are other mods I can suggest for the LN and other kinds of limos, but this is the kind that most often causes the overspawnage glitch.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    I have also experienced problems when playing a household in RH, and when searching on it some players report having exchanged the Bistro, and remodeled some lots with obvious faults, like too small rooms and doors and stairs that cannot be reached. I found no explicit directions to certain lots though except the restaurant; and it seems the player that have redone a lot of other EA worlds, ellacharmed, have not touched RH, at least I could not find any such fix.

I moved my household to another world for other reasons, and have not played in RH since then, but the tip is to either go through the community and residential lots fixing appearant issues, and perhaps you are helped by the NRaas mods telling you exactly where the sims get stuck; or to try to fix any eventual issues of the world routing in CAW, if that feels okey. There are long and complicated descriptions on how to do this, on MTS; I am not sure if I can link them here though. You could also ask in building sections for competent advise on that.

Sorry, not much of a help, but the world comes with so many other things worth while, I think, so not totally wasted money :smile: