Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The State of the Sims 4: Rant, Wonder & Why?

13...Next

Comments

• g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    SharkDO wrote: »
    g01denswan wrote: »
    SharkDO wrote: »
    I really wish they could keep us informed of future projects like in the days of TS3.

What are you willing to give up to get what you want? They don't have an unlimited budget so they can't be keeping us informed and working on adding the so called 'missing features' or fixing bugs at the same time. They also have to keep creating stuff to sell to us or their budget for the next fiscal year will be reduced which means even less chance of seeing missing features/bug fixes.

No.... just no....if they could do it back then, they can do it now.

Why? Because you say so?

No. BECAUSE THEY HAVE DONE IT BEFORE AND DONE IT SUCCESSFULLY! Just because it's a new game doesn't mean 🐸🐸🐸🐸. They can do it, and we thought they would, but they aren't, and it's annoying, childish, and cowardly of them. Literally do a livestream, or a new thread on here, OR EVEN A TWEET just saying "This is what we have planned!" That is all we want. Anyone can do that.

Yes, they've done it before, but they only had to create new content and fix bugs before. Now they are also trying to add the so called 'missing features' as well and probably on a lower budget. I can't see how they could have justified asking EA for the same or higher budget as TS3. I'm sure they anticipated that sale would be low the first year because of Olympus.

And no simmer is going to die if they don't see a live broadcast, a tweet or a thread about future content. Besides, no matter what the gurus say, someone will misunderstand and spread the misinformation and the gurus will be acused of lying, being lazy or untalented, and EA will be accused of milking the game and being greedy.
  • crockatailcrockatail Posts: 312 Member
    Slyvanas wrote: »
    We can always vote with our wallets!!! What if no one purchased any more EP's or stuff packs till we got what we wanted!!

Thats exactly what i've been doing. I haven't purchased not one single sims 4 add-on after outdoor retreat. I refuse to. and as i keep saying- at this point its not even about toddlers anymore. But its about the way that they are treating us as customers. They are only accommodating to the people who will buy anything long as it have the sims logo on it. They are not listening to all of us or even acting like they are acknowledging us.

Same here. After repeatedly being disappointed, I decided it's just time to stop. If they turn things around, and start making their actions follow the "we're listening" responses, I'll reassess my decision. But until then, it's just pointless for me to spend any more money on Sims 4. I will continue to raise my voice though. During the SimCity 2013 meltdown, there were quite a few of the "if you don't like it, just don't buy it" remarks, heavily flavored with the "and go away" hints. I closed my wallet and quit posting on the forum, it looked to me like others did too because the SC forum was no where near as busy and vibrant as the forums for earlier versions. Now the SC franchise is no more, and Maxis Emeryville is gone. Perhaps continuing to voice my complaints/concerns/opinions of Sims 4 won't change anything, but on the small chance that it helps the Sims franchise to avoid the fate of SimCity, I'm still going to try.

> Same here,I bought Sims 4 on the promise toddlers was going to be added.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    Jarsie9 wrote: »
    I disagree. This is a multimillion dollar corporation. They've hired people specifically to manage their social websites. The devs being busy is not the reason they are not communicating future content with the fans.

Who are these people they hired? I've never seen anyone else besides the gurus answering questions on the forum, twitter and the videos.

Of course you won't see them. They're generally behind the scenes. This business of making excuses for EA's lack of interest in their own game (except for milking it dry so that they can use the money for their other games), is for the birds.

So you're saying that Simgurus Graham, Ryan, Grant, Stephanie, King, Brittany, etc. weren't on the previous TS3 &/or TS4 live broadcasts and the tweets by Simgurus weren't really tweeted by Simgurus and the 'Ask A Guru' threads weren't really answered by Simgurus, but by these other people who were hired specifically to manage their social media websites? Okay! If you are so determined to lie to yourself, I'm not going to stop you.

So you're saying that you don't know what a "simguru" actually is or that they hold different positions in the company and work on different things? And that they don't have "simgurus" who's job it is to manage their social media and websites? If you want to believe that they all design, animate, program, and produce the game all at the same time, I'm not going to stop you. :p

The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I'm thinking that this "secrecy" is really "we don't know what we're making next".
    This business of making excuses for EA's lack of interest in their own game (except for milking it dry so that they can use the money for their other games), is for the birds.
    Problem is, I don't like the other games they make. Not only is buying more Sims-related stuff rewarding them for shoddy products, it subsidizes products I can't enjoy because they are completely at odds with my tastes.

I thought about all of this. Would you say the same about the TS3 because I thought game was also a shoddy product with the bug ridden problems. And the 'missing' content in the base game then, too. As I said I was just as mad and aggravated about no diving boards and other things 'missing' in that base game, too. But many told me we had open world, sacrifices had to be made. I hear the same thing here now, sacrifices had to be made for emotions and multitasking. I'm sure they do have to pick and choose due to budget the complexity of something and or how much time etc. it would take when EA wants profit now, but I just see the same old arguments over and over when I was saying what you are saying when the TS3 was released. But nobody cared about that.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • HappySimmer3HappySimmer3 Posts: 6,699 Member
    @Cinebar I know your last post wasn't directed to me, but I don't understand what you're trying to say? TS3 was missing quite a lot, yes, but it's still a superior game to TS4, provided you have a PC that can run it. I'm not arguing that things were missing, they surely were and I complained about it. But if the theme of TS3 was "Half Baked", then the theme of TS4 is "Barely Baked". I guess that means that if there's a TS5 it will be dead meat. ;)

But of course all that is just my opinion. I like TS3 a whole lot more than TS4. It sounds to me like you're trying to justify your own purchases or like for this game, which I don't think is necessary. People like what they like, and it all depends on how you play and if what you feel is most important is in the game. TS4 is missing way too much for me, but I understand that some people like it because they enjoy what's there.

Regardless, to me it's obvious that the quality keeps going down, whether you like the game or not. I believe that was @S100Headache's point. Not only that, but I'm convinced that this is their online social game, made offline with a few things added and foisted off onto players as a legitimate Sims PC game. That tends to make me a tad angry. I'm not buying anything more for this game not only because I don't enjoy it, but because I'm not rewarding that kind of dishonest treatment of the fan base. YMMV
    The Sims 30695923002_cffaca4078_t.jpg

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket?!
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    too bad all of our comments begging ea to not let the franchise keep on sinking are lumped together and dismissed by ea as "chatter" ... also known as inane blathering. i pointed this out to them yesterday... but, of course, the thread has mysteriously gone missing.
  • nickibitswardnickibitsward Posts: 3,115 Member
    They don't want to hear any negativity. Prefer to ignore it, and the forum pretty much in general. I'm sure, recent survey or not, they have the next few years worth of EP's, SP's and GP's already planned out so much of what people post requesting certain things is irrelevant to them. I had real hopes for Sims 4 when they first announced it, I was ready to leave 3 behind for something better now I'm just tired of their lame excuses why they can't do this or that. The reason they can't is because they won't, it doesn't fit into their master plan.
  • dmel15dmel15 Posts: 572 Member
    They don't want to hear any negativity. Prefer to ignore it, and the forum pretty much in general. I'm sure, recent survey or not, they have the next few years worth of EP's, SP's and GP's already planned out so much of what people post requesting certain things is irrelevant to them. I had real hopes for Sims 4 when they first announced it, I was ready to leave 3 behind for something better now I'm just tired of their lame excuses why they can't do this or that. The reason they can't is because they won't, it doesn't fit into their master plan.
    I try to see incompetence, not malice, in EA. But, you are probably right, they've planned out exciting single Sim experiences (pfft).

They probably see forums as "the old internet" and social media as "the new internet". I think they prefer Facebook because of the forced real identity and Twitter because of the forced short messages.

When I was talking to an EA customer support person she said to follow the official Sims 4 sites Facebook and Twitter... no mention of the forums here.
  • RVallantRVallant Posts: 5 New Member
    [s]They probably see forums as "the old internet" and social media as "the new internet". I think they prefer Facebook because of the forced real identity and Twitter because of the forced short messages.[/s]

Going out on a limb and being a bit of a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 here but;

They target Twitter and Facebook because that's where the other humans, the ones who can just about turn on a computer but still haven't evolved much from an amoeba frequent. They're the easy marks who will pay the exorbitant prices over at Origin, and anyone paying short of a 75% sale price for this claptrap (or any claptrap on Origin), then I have news for you! >_>

They've cornered the market on suckers, and lets face it; the average Sim fan is a sucker and until that market evaporates or thins out considerably enough to hit them in the pocket, or something akin to the SimCities disaster checks their outdated "online is the future!" views, then regardless of whether you're a sunny, Sims can't do no wrong fanboy or a critic or an upset fan, things ain't going to change.

The Sims 4 isn't a result of the people splurging today, it's a result of you, all of you here on this community who from the very start fostered a culture of purchasing the packs and crap consistently even when the quality dropped or was poor throughout The Sims 2 and 3. I'm just saying, it's far too easy to finger-point and go 'yeah I'm not part of this culture, I'm refusing to take part anymore', but chances are you probably took part in it, unless you're one of the few clever-clogs who purchased everything on sale at 80% off outside of Origin.

(NB: I love The Sims community, I really do, you're a lovely bunch, I'm not setting out to attack you all I'm just saying, really the writing was on the wall.)
  • HephaestionHephaestion Posts: 1,445 Member
    RVallant wrote: »
    They probably see forums as "the old internet" and social media as "the new internet". I think they prefer Facebook because of the forced real identity and Twitter because of the forced short messages.

Going out on a limb and being a bit of a 🐸🐸🐸🐸 here but;

They target Twitter and Facebook because that's where the other humans, the ones who can just about turn on a computer but still haven't evolved much from an amoeba frequent. They're the easy marks who will pay the exorbitant prices over at Origin, and anyone paying short of a 75% sale price for this claptrap (or any claptrap on Origin), then I have news for you! >_>

They've cornered the market on suckers, and lets face it; the average Sim fan is a sucker and until that market evaporates or thins out considerably enough to hit them in the pocket, or something akin to the SimCities disaster checks their outdated "online is the future!" views, then regardless of whether you're a sunny, Sims can't do no wrong fanboy or a critic or an upset fan, things ain't going to change.

The Sims 4 isn't a result of the people splurging today, it's a result of you, all of you here on this community who from the very start fostered a culture of purchasing the packs and crap consistently even when the quality dropped or was poor throughout The Sims 2 and 3. I'm just saying, it's far too easy to finger-point and go 'yeah I'm not part of this culture, I'm refusing to take part anymore', but chances are you probably took part in it, unless you're one of the few clever-clogs who purchased everything on sale at 80% off outside of Origin.

(NB: I love The Sims community, I really do, you're a lovely bunch, I'm not setting out to attack you all I'm just saying, really the writing was on the wall.)

i so agree. and i was a sucker. shamelessly so. but no more. the amoeba has evolved.
  • anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    dmel15 wrote: »
    I try to see incompetence, not malice, in EA. But, you are probably right, they've planned out exciting single Sim experiences (pfft).

When I was talking to an EA customer support person she said to follow the official Sims 4 sites Facebook and Twitter... no mention of the forums here.

wow that would make me so mad.... I don't do either and they have a forum
    I have no problem witht hem using twitter or FB
    but as they have a forum I expect them to make sure to have polls and info about the game posted here
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited August 2015
    The difference between the Sims 2 and the Sims 4 is the development teams. Back then, the Sims 2 development and marketing teams were passionate about the game. They clearly loved those Sims, so much so, that they created very detailed backstories for the pre-made characters...stories that tied in to the othe pre-made families in the game. One could create a saga based on just those families alone (and some of the Sims in the bin, as well).

With the Sims 4, it's pretty clear to me, at least, that the development team just plain doesn't care about the game; they're only in it for the money, and they clearly think that their customers are unintelligent basement-living players whose only goal in life is to buy everything and anything with a Sims label on it. In fact, they have such disregard for their fans that this very section in the website has been relegated as a subset of a larger category called "Chatter". In the meantime, The Sims Free-to-payPlay has been given its own section. Go figure.

But these developers are cheaper, and EA has to fund Titanfall somehow!

/s
  • TheSimsBoi13TheSimsBoi13 Posts: 810 Member
    Just want to thank you all again for contributing to this discussion. It's great to see the differences of opinion, etc.
    Check out my tumblr @ http://www.thesimsboi.tumblr.com

Origin ID: TheSimsBoi13
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/TheSimsBoi
  • SameoldmeSameoldme Posts: 1 New Member
    I got a question..Why does the sims not support teen pregnancy? This is one of my most irritable problems. Shouldn't we support all ways of life? Isnt this the most relevant game to human life style? Let me just say, teen pregnancy is one of the big ones they should add since I know lots of teen moms and dads that take great care of their children!
  • EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! So as The Sims is a T rated game all content within must comply with that rating, this same rating also applies to the forums. Teenage Pregnancy in The Sims is not something we allow discussion of as it does not comply with that rating. I'm going to close this thread off as it's pretty old. If you have any questions about necroposting you can read this thread here : Necroposting
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top