Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does the debug cheat not work on console?

I tried using the show hidden objects cheat but nothings showing up and when I go to see if it works when I search debug it bugs the search bar

Comments

• animevampanimevamp Posts: 136 Member
    It should work. Have you filtered by debug or only searched?
  • ImnothereImnothere Posts: 1 New Member
    Type in cheat. go to search, leave it blank and hit enter, wait for it to load everything up, it will freeze while doing this. Once everything is loaded, filter by debug.
    Just tested it, it's working for me. Maybe try restarting your game?
  • SimLissaYTSimLissaYT Posts: 2 New Member
    I type in the "bb.showhiddenobjects" and then search for what I'm looking for. I wish it was easier.
  • ddd994ddd994 Posts: 418 Member
    So first, you have to enter “testingcheats on”, you only have to use this cheat once per save file, all it does is disactivate the trophies I think so you can use cheats. You can’t undo this action on your save file just a heads up..

Once this is done, you need to enter the debug cheat every time you go into buy/build mode. Do the cheat “bb.showhiddenobjects”, no command will come up at all in the cheat box, this is normal.

Choose “show all” in buy mode, then press square ( to bring up filters for searching, pretty sure it’s square button), under “content” choose the debug option.

Now you have debug items. It doesn’t load the whole debug menu by default, to do this do an empty search (hit L2 and press enter)

Hope this helps, it took me a while to figure it out as it’s a little more finicky than on PC
  • floralneyfloralney Posts: 230 Member
    ^ They're right, but testingcheats isn't required for the debug cheat in case you still want to earn trophies.
  • Bluebirddevil5970Bluebirddevil5970 Posts: 400 Member
    Ah yes thank you guys so much I started my console up again and it worked and to try it out I used a different save file but thank you all for helping
  • SimLissaYTSimLissaYT Posts: 2 New Member
    I want to look at the full menu of DEBUG but I'm playing on PS4. There isn't an option for Debug under "Content" once I put in the cheats. So maybe there's a difference per console.
  • PifflePrincessPifflePrincess Posts: 106 Member
    I had problem at first on PS4, because I tried searching for debug items typing "debug" in the search bar.
    That way I didn't find anything.
    But they showed up using filters.
    Console player (PS). Finally reached 1000+ hours on The Sims 4.
  • maddiepie2424maddiepie2424 Posts: 1 New Member
    I'm getting some objects but I was hoping for food and plants and stuff. All I got is collectables and some furniture and that's it. I have Xbox one. I don't have the debug option under content.
  • _natalie_natalie Posts: 582 Member
    edited October 2019
    I can't access debug at all.

Can someone type out how to do so on PS4 and Xbox without and with Keyboard? It would be much appreciated.
    She/Her. 👩🏻
    PlayStation. 🎮
    United Kingdom. 🇬🇧
  • Trippy_M1ntTrippy_M1nt Posts: 2 New Member
    Yea I also can't seem to find a lot of debug objects. I'm on ps4 as well. I do everything necessary for the items to show but I cant see anything extra. I'm mainly looking for debug columns to use.
    I'm on ps4. I've found the only way to get the majority of live edit objects to show up is to do a search but do not type anything in the search box and do NOT filter by debug.
  • Trippy_M1ntTrippy_M1nt Posts: 2 New Member
    Ok that seemed to work. Thank you. Just one last thing, how do I rotate objects on a different axis if I'm on ps4? I want to rotate columns to be horizontal.
    @Trippy_M1nt you can't rotate items that way without the tool mod. Try searching tool mod on the gallery. You might find some stuff you like.
  • KaydeeKaydee Posts: 1 New Member
    Can I get free plants with the debug ?
    Plus I tried everything you guys have said nothing is working I am on Xbox
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    edited August 2020
    Kaydee wrote: »
    Can I get free plants with the debug ?
    Plus I tried everything you guys have said nothing is working I am on Xbox

yes you can get all seeds in debug.
    It works fine for me, I am also on XboxOne.

Here's a step by step:

push LB+RB+LT+RT at once to bring up the cheat bar (on XBone)
    1. in Live Mode put in cheat: testingcheats true (enables cheats);there will be a message saying "cheats enabled" or something

2. in Build Mode put in: bb.showhiddenobjects (for well...the hidden objects, like seeds for example);no message will be shown regardless

3. in Build Mode put in: bb.showliveeditobjects (for the "World" objects);no message will be shown regardless

Do NOT use debug filters, do an empty search and scroll all the way down (you can filter by pack).

bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects will automatically disable if you opt out of build mode in any way, so you always have to enable them again. testingcheats true will stay enabled throughout your game, it can only be disabled by typing testingcheats false (but there is no point to disable it, since it wont make achievements available again).
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• SIMSisintheairSIMSisintheair Posts: 1 New Member
    > @RavenSpit said:
    > yes you can get all seeds in debug.
    > It works fine for me, I am also on XboxOne.
    >
    > Here's a step by step:
    >
    > push LB+RB+LT+RT at once to bring up the cheat bar (on XBone)
    > 1. in Live Mode put in cheat: testingcheats true (enables cheats);there will be a message saying "cheats enabled" or something
    >
    > 2. in Build Mode put in: bb.showhiddenobjects (for well...the hidden objects, like seeds for example);no message will be shown regardless
    >
    > 3. in Build Mode put in: bb.showliveeditobjects (for the "World" objects);no message will be shown regardless
    >
    > Do NOT use debug filters, do an empty search and scroll all the way down (you can filter by pack).
    >
    > bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects will automatically disable if you opt out of build mode in any way, so you always have to enable them again. testingcheats true will stay enabled throughout your game, it can only be disabled by typing testingcheats false (but there is no point to disable it, since it wont make achievements available again).

Hi,

My daughter loves the SIMS and plays on XboxOne. She is struggling to access the debug items and is getting very frustrated! We followed the step-by-step guide above which was really helpful; we did Step 1, 2 and 3 then scrolled down to search but nothing new showed up. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I would be grateful for any help, I would really like to help my daughter.

Thank you 😊
  • eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    > @RavenSpit said:
    > yes you can get all seeds in debug.
    > It works fine for me, I am also on XboxOne.
    >
    > Here's a step by step:
    >
    > push LB+RB+LT+RT at once to bring up the cheat bar (on XBone)
    > 1. in Live Mode put in cheat: testingcheats true (enables cheats);there will be a message saying "cheats enabled" or something
    >
    > 2. in Build Mode put in: bb.showhiddenobjects (for well...the hidden objects, like seeds for example);no message will be shown regardless
    >
    > 3. in Build Mode put in: bb.showliveeditobjects (for the "World" objects);no message will be shown regardless
    >
    > Do NOT use debug filters, do an empty search and scroll all the way down (you can filter by pack).
    >
    > bb.showhiddenobjects and bb.showliveeditobjects will automatically disable if you opt out of build mode in any way, so you always have to enable them again. testingcheats true will stay enabled throughout your game, it can only be disabled by typing testingcheats false (but there is no point to disable it, since it wont make achievements available again).

Hi,

My daughter loves the SIMS and plays on XboxOne. She is struggling to access the debug items and is getting very frustrated! We followed the step-by-step guide above which was really helpful; we did Step 1, 2 and 3 then scrolled down to search but nothing new showed up. Has anyone experienced anything similar? I would be grateful for any help, I would really like to help my daughter.

Thank you 😊

After you hit the empty search bar (after putting in the cheats) scroll all the way down to the bottom of the list of items and work your way up. There isn't an indicator on the items letting you know they're "new," it's all just kind of mixed in.