Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Event type!!

BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
One of my favorite things about Get Famous is the new event that allows you to throw charity fundraisers. It just occured to me that it would be neat if our sims could throw grand openings/housewarming parties or even something like viewings/galleries/releases/signings to show of their books, paintings, photography, or newly written music.

Comments

• Options
    DiamondPandaDPDiamondPandaDP Posts: 43 Member
    Well there is a pack (I forgot which one but I think it's Get Together) that adds parties. Although I love this idea I don't know how well it would work with that.
    -DiamondPanda
    If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    Well there is a pack (I forgot which one but I think it's Get Together) that adds parties. Although I love this idea I don't know how well it would work with that.

Do you mean dance parties?
    There are 4 parties (social events that you can throw) in the base game. They are house party, dinner party, weddings, and birthday party.
  • Options
    EgonVM wrote: »

Do you mean dance parties?
    There are 4 parties (social events that you can throw) in the base game. They are house party, dinner party, weddings, and birthday party.

Yeah that's all I can think of that came with Get Together. I guess my thought is similar to that when talking about galleries or viewings. I imagine that event type would be limited to museums or art centers.
  • Options
    jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    Morbid, but I want funerals back!
  • Options
    jadonbakes wrote: »

Me too!!!! Or at least some kind of memorial where they can reminisce about loved one or something.
  • Options
    MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    Bobisbae wrote: »

Me too!!!! Or at least some kind of memorial where they can reminisce about loved one or something.

Like a wake or repast. Probably more so a repast
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited June 2019

This! Funerals & wakes, please! Including if I've initiated the death as an aging-manually player.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    edited June 2019
    Personally, I kind wish nearly every stuff pack came with a new event to help interact with and enjoy the new stuff we just bought. Spooky Stuff I think is one of my favs, just cause it came with a Spooky Party, the "playdate" event was one of the reasons I even considered getting toddler stuff, and the black and white party is basically the only reason I'm happy I got digital deluxe. It really goes a long way for me towards making me feel like the pack was worth the price. I get that not every pack has a good event to go with it, but there's been a lot of missed opportunities on that score so far, imo.

Luxury Party could've come with a Cocktail Party, where everyone shows up in formal wear and you have drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Perfect Patio could've come with a pool party event that included hangin' in a hottub and doing jumps into the pool as event tasks. Cool Kitchen stuff could've had an Ice Cream Social where you make and serve different types of icecream. Movie Hangout could've had a Movie Watching Party where you make popcorn and talk about the film. Romantic Garden could've come with a Formal Date option, which costs a little money but has fancier rewards, and where you and your date dress up a bit no matter where the date takes place. Hell, that could even be a formal "Proposal Date," for simmers who enjoy making that a bigger event! Like, you'd still have the option of proposing when and wherever, just like you can elope when and wherever, but the option for a bigger affair would be there. Kids Stuff should've come with a slumber party event, and that's a hill I will die on, lmao. Seasons wasn't out yet, but Backyard stuff would go great with a Summer Splash Party where you drink lemonade and use the waterslide. Vintage Glamour could have a formal dinner party, which costs more than a regular one and where guests actually show up in formal wear.

Those are all the stuff packs I have, so I don't feel qualified to suggest any for the other ones, but I'm sure someone could come up with things. But my point is just that having an event not only beefs up the worth of the pack, but it creates an easy way for the player to explore and appreciate the elements of the pack. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to a "Spa Day" event for Spa Day, or some sort of non-date "dinner out" event for Dine Out, or, I dunno, a prom or graduation event with Parenthood???.

Anyway, I think I made my point. In answer to your actual question, I too really like charity fundraisers and would welcome gallery opening and book signing type events. Maybe if you were famous enough and good enough musician you could throw a concert. I'm another one who'd really like funerals. I'd also appreciate a "renew vows" or "anniversary" party, which would be similar to a wedding but for an already married couple. Family reunion would be another one, and also a "work mixer," where all your co-workers are automatically on the guest list and you can gain work performance from a success (tho this would've been good to go with GtW, now that I think about it...)
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I do really wish they had graduations and proms. Maybe if they do get University in at some point, maybe they will add something like that again.
  • Options
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Personally, I kind wish nearly every stuff pack came with a new event to help interact with and enjoy the new stuff we just bought. Spooky Stuff I think is one of my favs, just cause it came with a Spooky Party, the "playdate" event was one of the reasons I even considered getting toddler stuff, and the black and white party is basically the only reason I'm happy I got digital deluxe. It really goes a long way for me towards making me feel like the pack was worth the price. I get that not every pack has a good event to go with it, but there's been a lot of missed opportunities on that score so far, imo.

Luxury Party could've come with a Cocktail Party, where everyone shows up in formal wear and you have drinks and hors d'oeuvres. Perfect Patio could've come with a pool party event that included hangin' in a hottub and doing jumps into the pool as event tasks. Cool Kitchen stuff could've had an Ice Cream Social where you make and serve different types of icecream. Movie Hangout could've had a Movie Watching Party where you make popcorn and talk about the film. Romantic Garden could've come with a Formal Date option, which costs a little money but has fancier rewards, and where you and your date dress up a bit no matter where the date takes place. Hell, that could even be a formal "Proposal Date," for simmers who enjoy making that a bigger event! Like, you'd still have the option of proposing when and wherever, just like you can elope when and wherever, but the option for a bigger affair would be there. Kids Stuff should've come with a slumber party event, and that's a hill I will die on, lmao. Seasons wasn't out yet, but Backyard stuff would go great with a Summer Splash Party where you drink lemonade and use the waterslide. Vintage Glamour could have a formal dinner party, which costs more than a regular one and where guests actually show up in formal wear.

Those are all the stuff packs I have, so I don't feel qualified to suggest any for the other ones, but I'm sure someone could come up with things. But my point is just that having an event not only beefs up the worth of the pack, but it creates an easy way for the player to explore and appreciate the elements of the pack. Hell, I wouldn't be opposed to a "Spa Day" event for Spa Day, or some sort of non-date "dinner out" event for Dine Out, or, I dunno, a prom or graduation event with Parenthood???.

Anyway, I think I made my point. In answer to your actual question, I too really like charity fundraisers and would welcome gallery opening and book signing type events. Maybe if you were famous enough and good enough musician you could throw a concert. I'm another one who'd really like funerals. I'd also appreciate a "renew vows" or "anniversary" party, which would be similar to a wedding but for an already married couple. Family reunion would be another one, and also a "work mixer," where all your co-workers are automatically on the guest list and you can gain work performance from a success (tho this would've been good to go with GtW, now that I think about it...)

Couldn't agree more. Every pack should have some kind of event from now on. Technically you can renew vows but it isn't an event but an anniversary party or actual event would be fantastic. I also like your family reunion idea. I would love love love that especially if it auto invited ALL living family. Also like the idea of a "work mixer" but I'd go a bit further and make it a company picnic.
  • Options
    FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Bobisbae wrote: »

Couldn't agree more. Every pack should have some kind of event from now on. Technically you can renew vows but it isn't an event but an anniversary party or actual event would be fantastic. I also like your family reunion idea. I would love love love that especially if it auto invited ALL living family. Also like the idea of a "work mixer" but I'd go a bit further and make it a company picnic. [/quote]

Sorry for the rapid reply, but Company Picnic is SUCH a great idea! Even if the term gives me a bit of the willies cause of WtNV and StrexCorp ;-P