Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Childish Trait & Voidcritters

Hi, I purchased the Kids pack and like the new puppet theater and voidcritter function. Question: If I give a sim the CHILDISH trait, will they be able to play with the voidcritters as teens and adults?
wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱

Comments

• kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    unfortunately, they cannot. voidcritters are coded to be child-only. which saddens me
  • DreamaDoveDreamaDove Posts: 393 Member
    edited January 2019
    You can if you mod it. I like for my teens to play, and it's cute when parents play with their kids.

You'll need these:

http://modthesims.info/d/603509/play-voidcritters-for-all-ages-by-shimrod101-now-with-4-versions.html

http://modthesims.info/d/603611/trade-voidcritters-for-all-ages-by-shimrod101-now-with-4-versions.html

And possibly zerbu's voidcritter card fix (fixes EA bug of cards dissapearing from inventory when you rotate families)

• troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member
    Thanks. I tried the mods, but they didn't work so I removed them.

Wish teens and childish adult - elder sims could play them. Would be great.
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    I <3 the void critters but I very very seldom play children so that is content that I haven’t seen for years now.

Have so many adult friends who are crazy about Pokémon Go and it makes me almost angry that we have something so fun in the game and it is unplayable for teens and adults. It is a Stuff Pack that even if I like the content I shouldn’t have bought it. Even when I have a kid I don’t like using it because it irritates me so so much that my sim has to give up something that they truly enjoy just because... I don’t know.

I grew up gaming with my brother and we still share that hobby. Gah... it is like, when do you plan on stopping to have fun? When you are 20? 30? Perhaps when you are 40? If I knew that my sims could enjoy void critters via a mod and that it would not get broken then perhaps I would live with having less animations for adults but at least being able to play.

I wish it didn’t bug me as much as it does but I am just so mad about it. This week I am going with a very good friend to the movies to see Detective Pikachu. We are both women around 40. I feel like I can do my MMO-gaming adult simmer with tournaments and stuff but not the “cute silly void critters” which is much more like my style.

Void critters and Sixam is in the same box. Stuff that I could have loved in game but I avoid just because it just makes me irritated. Sixam because my sim cannot live there and void critters because I don’t want to have fun with it and then leave it.