Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A Did You Know Thread On Island Living

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Did You Know?

You can place the volcano in any world and as long as you use the volcano lot trait it will erupt.

Combo it with the earthquake lot trait from city living and you have yourself a party. :wink:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    So, drowning out in the ocean is a bit different from drowning in a pool...
    nKH3qI.jpg

Vaguely wondering if Grim just lingers in the ocean waiting for sims to bite the big one.

cnp7xv.jpg

The urn in a life saver amuses me. Wonder how many urns can be filled out there in the ocean. :naughty:

Check Out Grim with the swimming goggles. :p:p
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    So, drowning out in the ocean is a bit different from drowning in a pool...
    nKH3qI.jpg

Vaguely wondering if Grim just lingers in the ocean waiting for sims to bite the big one.

cnp7xv.jpg

The urn in a life saver amuses me. Wonder how many urns can be filled out there in the ocean. :naughty:

I love little details like this it's so funny
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
    edited June 2019
    There's an ordinary conch you can use to 'summon' mermaids that may about in the area and they have sucha reaction to it 'squeaking like a dolphin' you can then ask about their strange reaction and find out that they are indeed a mermaid. It's a pretty derpy reaction really and cute.

Finding it pretty hilarious the mermaids have this little interaction and idle animations (like humming to themselves).
    Post edited by LadyKyn on
    5vJrxmT.png
    edited June 2019
    Did you know?

Mermaids can give a sim they hardly know a mermaid kiss and the sim won't become a romantic interest. They dont seem to reject it either.

There are 2 other waterfalls beside the interactive one. One looks like the Falls in Aurora Skies.
    Post edited by catloverplayer on
  • DiamondPandaDPDiamondPandaDP Posts: 43 Member
    > @Gamerlil said:
    > Did you no you can collect seashells
    >
    > There are different types of floaties
    >
    > Shark pizza and some others

I'm excited for collecting shells and the different types of floaties but WAIT-- SHARK PIZZA? uhh sounds delicious
    -DiamondPanda
    If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:
  • DiamondPandaDPDiamondPandaDP Posts: 43 Member
    > @nerdfashion said:
    > Mermaids can have pointy teeth like they did in Harry Potter! This is heaven for me! I need my demonic sirens.

That gets me excited! This is a really great EP. Prob my third favorite (after City Living and Seasons)
    -DiamondPanda
    If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:
    > @Gamerlil said:
    > Did you no you can collect seashells
    >
    > There are different types of floaties
    >
    > Shark pizza and some others

I'm excited for collecting shells and the different types of floaties but WAIT-- SHARK PIZZA? uhh sounds delicious

Shark Pizza?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited June 2019
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    That you can tan or burn any world as long as the pack is installed and what you wear or pranks pulled can affect those tan lines? Also, cc needs proper alpha channels for it to work properly and any skin besides fantasy skin tones can tan or burn.

Also apparently they fixed the ceiling fans so you can turn them off, on and cool sims down.

Info from Rachybop and SimsVIP.

The programmers found that the previous ceiling fans in the game ran the wrong way round and they go the right way round now!
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I absolutely love this thread. I want the pack even more now. :heart:
    giphy.gif
    Mermaids can actually interact with the fish in the fish bowl. More so just talking to them anyway. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • simfriend1968simfriend1968 Posts: 578 Member
    edited June 2019
    Did you know that there seem to be a couple of new fish dishes sold from a new vendor stand (according to one of the gamechangers)? I always love new food. In addition to the fish tacos, which are base game, I saw fish and chips (which I think are new), fish stew (also new), a fish sandwich (seems new), the poke bowl (obviously new), and pan-fried fish (I don't know if that is new or not). I don't know if these fish recipes are cookable, but I do hope so; I hope that they are learnable like the dishes from City Living.

These fish foods add nicely to the new Island Dishes and drinks I have come across in other videos: Kalua Pork (a grand meal made in the new cooking pit using pineapple) and the Island Vegetable Feast (also made in the cooking pit using taro root, an island vegetable harvestable), the kava drink (based on the new kava harvestable with new associated gameplay), and Lotta Cocolata (a new bar drink served in a cute coconut shell, probably relying on the new harvestable of coconut).

This seems like a decent amount of food for an EP, which makes me happy, and there may even be more -- a dish or two at higher levels of skill or a gourmet recipe or two (the latter would be nice as we haven't got one of those in a long time). One of the gamechangers also speculated that since we are getting a new wedding arch we might also get a new tropical wedding cake, but I haven't seen any evidence of that yet. Would be lovely if true. Can anyone confirm or deny it?
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I just noticed this from Deligracy's video...a dolphin can be a soulmate? She's playing a mermaid.

2ur8f1d.png

That is so sweet :heart:
    giphy.gif
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    I was hoping this was more of a vacation destination, but all is well. Guess my Sim will have to move around a lot.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Lol I hate seagulls! More reason to hate those flippers, stealing my stuff. Few years ago one of these butt faces landed on my fresh plate of calamari and fries and I paid 15$ for it and didnt get a single bite! Since then my hatred started... xD
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    Angellulu wrote: »
    Lol I hate seagulls! More reason to hate those flippers, stealing my stuff. Few years ago one of these butt faces landed on my fresh plate of calamari and fries and I paid 15$ for it and didnt get a single bite! Since then my hatred started... xD

Agree. I've got dive-bombed several times by a seagull who has nested on a roof for several years just along the road from me as it's chicks fall out of their nests and walk around on the pavement until they either get strong enough to fly or get run over by passing cars. It's more than my life's worth to try to help the chicks off the road unfortunately. Our seagulls are HUGE!

It would be good to be able to catch and eat them when on that Off the Grid lot. Revenge. >:)
  • JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    edited June 2019
    I just noticed this from Deligracy's video...a dolphin can be a soulmate? She's playing a mermaid.

2ur8f1d.png

Yeah, from what I've gathered, dolphins start out as 'Curious'.
    Jean wrote: »

2ur8f1d.png

I don't think they should rate dolphins as soulmates. That sounds like the sim/mermaid has a romantic relationship with the dolphin. It should have been Best Friends Forever.
  • lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    - You can fish from anywhere if you're on a boat.
    - The 'good' and 'evil' traits conflict with certain mermaid powers, so a sim with either of those traits will be limited on which mermaid interactions they can use.
    - Some mermaid powers include pulling other sims underwater and singing a lullaby to other sims.
  • FreygeaFreygea Posts: 867 Member
    edited June 2019
    Jean wrote: »

2ur8f1d.png

I don't think they should rate dolphins as soulmates. That sounds like the sim/mermaid has a romantic relationship with the dolphin. It should have been Best Friends Forever.

I love that they can be a soulmate. I see it more like they are connected in a way beyond any words a human can come up with. Like the universe sees them as kindred spirits. I am hoping it is not a bug.
    There's a few items appliances wise that can work with off the grid trait.

Fridges (The one that looks more like a ice box) and a stove, but it'll most likely be trial and error since the descriptions won't tell you what you can and can't use. Might have to take an educated guess. :)
    5vJrxmT.png
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    The welcome wagon on the island brings a bowl of Kava rather than the dreaded fruitcake. Nice touch.

I've actually had several sims who enjoy fruitcake!

Lol.... I have one sim that goes to grab a piece of fruit cake by himself and is disgusted by it every time.... lol
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Did You Know?

You can place the volcano in any world and as long as you use the volcano lot trait it will erupt.

Wow... that’s cool!