Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living πŸŒ¬πŸ§œβ€β™€οΈπŸ§œβ€β™€οΈπŸ§œβ€β™€οΈπŸ§œβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§œβ€β™‚οΈπŸ§œβ€β™‚οΈπŸ We're Here!

So, some of you may have seen my supernatural post on what I want to see, etc.
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947085/ideas-for-a-new-supes-pack#latest

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953652/what-we-want-to-see-in-2019#latest

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949350/a-list-of-the-things-we-wanna-see-in-upcoming-packs-and-updates#latest

And now we're getting Mermaids people!

I've wanted actual usable mermaids for the longest. I couldn't get them to work in S3, so I'm excited for this pack. Especially since it comes out 5 days before my birthday.

So thinking about them finally giving us new supes, that seem to be able to walk on land and live at sea, what do you guys think will happen?

1. I want to be able to live in/build our own grottos. Underwater homes, and the like. I miss houseboats too.
2. From the video it seemed like mermaids aren't out of the closet yet. The sims were super surprised. So maybe it's something like the alien, and strangerville reactions.
3. The mermaid dove off into the sea, maybe we'll get some collectibles. Maybe even be able to grow underwater gardens /farms.
4. I'm hoping it's a live in world, not just a vacation world. And maybe they'll introduce the vacation home option now.
Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush:

Comments

• BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    edited June 2019
    1. i don't think we can build underwater. i also think diving is a rabbit hole, unless they're just holding off on showing deep sea diving. but i feel like it would've been in the trailer as a selling point. would love to see some mermaid grottos though if it was possible.
    3. pretty sure there are new sea shell collectibles! and there are new fish, which i assume are collectible like the older fish.
    4. it is a live in world. :smile: not sure about vacation homes, but i don't think we'll get those in this pack. eventually hopefully.

my hopes are kinda random details, lol. i want mermaids to have tails in the bathtub and kiddie pool. also hope they can just pluck a fish from the ocean and eat it instead of having to use a fishing rod like a normal sim. i know that they can sleep underwater which i'm pretty happy about, and what i've read of their powers sound really neat. though i'm taking it with a grain of salt because of the supposed ability to cause sims to drown. it'd be cool, but even vampires couldn't fatally drain sims of their plasma or anything, so i'm not sure what would've changed there if it's true.

i wish toddlers and children had tails, but they don't, and i wasn't expecting it tbh. but little guppy toddlers flipping their fins in the kiddie pool would've been adorable.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    Well, it’s been β€œleaked” (by people who went to the Play event) that supposedly mermaids have some charm powers: powers to have sims fall in love with them, to have sims fall asleep, and maybe even to drown them.

The leakers also said that mermaids can also lure the fish when fishing.

I hope all of this is true. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    i just got to say that all the CAS items are poppin from what ive seen so far, i hope the mermaids have a secret lot only accessible to them. for mermaid/merman hangouts.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,963 Member
    BOY wrote: Β»
    1. i don't think we can build underwater. i also think diving is a rabbit hole, unless they're just holding off on showing deep sea diving. but i feel like it would've been in the trailer as a selling point. would love to see some mermaid grottos though if it was possible.
    3. pretty sure there are new sea shell collectibles! and there are new fish, which i assume are collectible like the older fish.
    4. it is a live in world. :smile: not sure about vacation homes, but i don't think we'll get those in this pack. eventually hopefully.

my hopes are kinda random details, lol. i want mermaids to have tails in the bathtub and kiddie pool. also hope they can just pluck a fish from the ocean and eat it instead of having to use a fishing rod like a normal sim. i know that they can sleep underwater which i'm pretty happy about, and what i've read of their powers sound really neat. though i'm taking it with a grain of salt because of the supposed ability to cause sims to drown. it'd be cool, but even vampires couldn't fatally drain sims of their plasma or anything, so i'm not sure what would've changed there if it's true.

i wish toddlers and children had tails, but they don't, and i wasn't expecting it tbh. but little guppy toddlers flipping their fins in the kiddie pool would've been adorable.

I read that mermaids get a bad moodlet if they eat fish ( they are part fish after all). I wonder if they can have baby’s that will turn into mermaids when they reach their teens.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    LSM36 wrote: Β»
    So, some of you may have seen my supernatural post on what I want to see, etc.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/947085/ideas-for-a-new-supes-pack#latest

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/953652/what-we-want-to-see-in-2019#latest

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/949350/a-list-of-the-things-we-wanna-see-in-upcoming-packs-and-updates#latest

And now we're getting Mermaids people!

I've wanted actual usable mermaids for the longest. I couldn't get them to work in S3, so I'm excited for this pack. Especially since it comes out 5 days before my birthday.

So thinking about them finally giving us new supes, that seem to be able to walk on land and live at sea, what do you guys think will happen?

1. I want to be able to live in/build our own grottos. Underwater homes, and the like. I miss houseboats too.
    2. From the video it seemed like mermaids aren't out of the closet yet. The sims were super surprised. So maybe it's something like the alien, and strangerville reactions.
    3. The mermaid dove off into the sea, maybe we'll get some collectibles. Maybe even be able to grow underwater gardens /farms.
    4. I'm hoping it's a live in world, not just a vacation world. And maybe they'll introduce the vacation home option now.

These mermaids will work a lot better then their TS3 counterparts. I love their siren voice songs.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    You can build houses half in and out of the water using the two new pillar type foundations. SimSupply has a good build video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dgerlFhQ5tE
  • LSM36LSM36 Posts: 593 Member
    BOY wrote: Β»

Guppies would be the best. And can you imagine the kids going to school. They'd be a school going to school :smile: bad pun but still worth it
    Check out my posts in the Ideas corner, and see the Simsverse living inside my head. :blush: