Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a update coming tomorrow? whats in it???

are we getting an update tomorrow for the Island Living pack, and does anybody know what will be in it???

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,446 Member
    Yes we are. There'll be the "off the grid" lot trait, Pride stuff, bug fixes & a lot more that I can't remember right now.
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    Pride stuff? Elaborate?
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    @TotallyABrobot we can't really elaborate on it as all any of us has really been told is that we will be getting some items in game to celebrate Pride month. I think SimsVip had some pictures of shirts with Pride flags on them or just done on some of the pride colors, but I think there's supposed to be other things too.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
    LGBTQ items. Found this in a speculation & rumor thread. It's all the stuff that should be coming in patch according to original poster (forgot to copy their name 😞). List is pretty long..

Patch content I am aware of (from GC live stream), coming with June 18 patch.

Fishing Overhaul (similar to the gardening overhaul that came pre-Seasons):
    New fishing spots in various worlds
    Re-tuning of fishing skill (could be new unlocks, bait/weight/rarity/location changes for fish, update to notebook feature on phone etc)
    New high level cast animation (this might be exclusive to IL though, it wasn't clear)
    Some extra fishing types also come exclusively with IL (Spear-fishing, setting fish traps and fishing from boats)

Part Time Job Overhaul:
    Part Time Jobs available for all sims teen and older.
    Some jobs have a choice of shifts to choose from.
    You can hold down two part time jobs simultaneously if you choose shifts that don't overlap.

Lot Traits:
    Off-the-Grid (no utilities, limited internet but no bills) - Catalogue entries for interactive/motive objects will indicate if they can be used off-grid.
    Clothing Optional (nudist/naturist lot) - Most sims will choose to be nude while on this lot except for those with certain traits (Childish, Squeamish, Prudish? (might mean Unflirty).

Build/Buy:
    Portable plastic lounge chair - Various BG matchy swatches (please note that while you can sit, relax, drink and nap on these loungers, you cannot sunbathe without IL)
    Stilted foundations - (Be warned - you cannot decorate under these because of how floor levels work in TS4, deco always pops up unto the foundation level. Might be able to find workarounds with a basement level and MOO but that won't work on the new water lots)
    Ceiling fans updated to turn on/off and cool rooms (with Seasons installed)
    350 BG door swatches - While the date of this hasn't actually been confirmed it has to release by the end of the quarter (June 30) due to free-content announcement/release laws.
    Pride month content - I wall flag, possibly other content.

CAS:
    Recolours of the BG toddler diaper - I guess for it to be used as swim diapers with the new EP Trait randomiser button (finally!) - Also in gameplay when aging up. Does not randomise the aspiration. Pet trait randomiser if you also have C&D.

There will likely also be some under-the-hood changes for the EP and bug fixes/new bugs as usual.
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    Oh GOD no. Please no.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    no.... I JUST thoroughly updated all my mods yesterday because I was tired of MCCC telling me about the errors. My game is working perfect right now!

*le sigh*

But I know it's worse for the actual modders so... I should be quiet lol

And since I'm super excited for IL, I know this has to happen. I just picked the wrong day to get organized.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
    @Wyrren: I know the feeling. Hate to say it, but you may want to wait until after friday to update mods again. Can you play vanilla for a few days? Or with only those mods you know will be updated fast, like MCCC?
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    @Starfree from my experience there will be a 'hot fix' from MC until he can get an actual fix.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • mrma49mrma49 Posts: 14 New Member
    I’m really excited to play around with the off the grid feature, I’m glad it’s being added to the base game (even though I will be buying Island Living as soon as I can afford it!) I’m glad adults will finally be able to do part time jobs as well I remember we could do that in S3 it’s really good for slacker sims
    MadameLee wrote: »
    @Starfree from my experience there will be a 'hot fix' from MC until he can get an actual fix.

@MadameLee yup. That's why I specifically used MCCC as the example; Deaderpool's awesome at getting hotfixes out fast 👍.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    Oh, fishing change? Lots of my Sims are fishers in this game, hadn't heard that, but makes sense, with the ocean available now.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie