Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does a butler have to stay human? Occult butler

I wanted a ghost butler, but no matter how I turn her into one (add death trait, ect) she stops being the butler. I tried using mc command center to turn her into a vampire, nope, no more butler, just an average sim. A ghost butler would be so cool. Is there no way to do it?

Comments

• Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    edited February 2018
    sheinyo wrote: »
    I wanted a ghost butler, but no matter how I turn her into one (add death trait, ect) she stops being the butler. I tried using mc command center to turn her into a vampire, nope, no more butler, just an average sim. A ghost butler would be so cool. Is there no way to do it?

I don't think the butler programing is compatible with the ghost programing. So, probably can't happen. However, you can create a ghost dressed in the butler outfit (I make all the clothing choices whatever outfit my sim died in, even swimwear, it adds to the ghost look) and add them to your household. However, you will need to play as the butler to get them to do butler duties as they aren't really butlers.
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    yeah, i've wanted a ghost butler for ages, myself. tried it several ways and as soon as a sim dies or becomes listed as played, they lose the option to be a butler. i *think* you can turn a butler into a vampire by having a vampire do it instead of using commands. but haven't tried that, since i often use butlers as free meals for my played vampires...

for my 'stellar academy', i also wanted an alien butler since the place is intended for teaching up and coming space rangers (the 'good' half of the astronaut career) and had to resort to simply giving the sim green skin and silver hair. so, of course, she promptly starts working as the butler at my 'noble vampires' castle. and hasn't left since. bleh...
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    Ah, which reminds me that I got this SP long ago, but have not checked out the butler yet! Hm, not the vanity table or globe bar either. Guess it's due :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    i like all three of them, though obviously not for every household. vampires with the vanity are still some of my favorites, since get to watch them peer into the mirror while applying makeup, even though they don't show up in it... but, be warned that the globe bar has the siren's call like every other bar, you just won't have sims randomly working on their mixology skill with it. just drinking themselves into a constant stupor (also, you can put the liquors from it as options in restaurants, which is nice. though i don't recall them showing up as plain bar options, alas)

only two gripes about the butlers: one, the afore-mentioned one where if you have more than one hired by more than one family, you might wind up with the 'wrong' butler at each house occasionally (usually not a big problem, unless you have them set for specific storylines or such. like my 'alien' butler for the space academy who is now working for vampires... that just irks me). the other is the fact that they can show up with undesirable traits like kleptomaniac. i actually had to fire (and then delete) three butlers that vampire household created because they were all klepto... but, overall, butlers are great. they'll even do laundry or help the kids with homework
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    So I tried experimenting with traits.equip_trait trait_isButler <simID> and careers.add_career career_Adult_NPC_Butler_SP09 <simID> to see if I could hire a supernatural butler but quickly gave up. I'll get back to it eventually, but I don't have high hopes.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    I think only human sims are set to be butlers changing that will make him a townie.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    PheonicPheonic Posts: 1 New Member
    What is this from? I am getting a last exception for career_Adult_NPC_Butler_SP09 but I can't find what it's from for the life of me. Anyone want to help me out? I know it's late and not sure if anyone will see this.
  • Options
    Rae357Rae357 Posts: 922 Member
    edited June 2019
    If you turn your butler into a vampire you get a new human butler. I've tried twice using my vampire sim. I've had restaurant and retail employees that are vampire though so not sure why not butlers.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2019
    I found this extremely annoying because I wanted to give the Goths a vampire butler who story was that his "family" has served the Goths for many generations and his family just happen to have some strong genetics. Ended up having to give up on the idea because everytime I turned him a new butler came.
  • Options
    SamlishSamlish Posts: 232 Member
    Can you turn a butler into an occult using MC command center?
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    Samlish wrote: »

Sure. I doubt they would remain as the butler though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited June 2019
    Samlish wrote: »

That's how I made my butler a vamp and then he stopped being my butler.

Also seems like editing their appearance can make them no longer your butler sometimes.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I wanted a vampire butler for the longest, tried everything, and eventually gave up and just gave him the outfit and moved him into the household. He's neat and cleans autonomously anyway so, close enough.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think some if not all service npc cannot become an occult, if you have co-worker in active profession who become a vampire they wont show to career lot anymore, but I see vampire host in accolade once and vlad showing up as doctor but just stand there in front of the hospital and luna villareal (vampire) as well.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I've tested many NPC careers with vampires (as I love making my own NPCs), ones like pizza delivery, repair and maid seem to work for all sims (but may have other issues), librarian absolutely does not work with vampires, sadly. Setting a bartender is always iffy, but vampires get randomly selected for the job all the time. They suit the GTW NPC careers perfectly, one of my favorite waiters is a good vampire sim with superspeed run enabled, lol. I haven't tested much with aliens, but now I'm feeling inspired to, especially since I've been making tons of alien sims lately.
  • Options
    mrma49mrma49 Posts: 14 New Member
    I got my vampire sim to turn my butler and she did turn after a few days but then a new butler was sent to replace her the day after she became a vampire but I don’t know about ghosts