Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How do you imagine The Sims 5?

So this is a thread where you may just let out your creativity and go wild with your imagination about the future series of Sims game. Just imagine and speculate wildly (and politely of course).

The Sims 5, in my imagination, looks much more like TS3 based on some pictures/videos I've watched (I'd never played TS3 though). There will be a really really huge island, namely Sims Isle, as the base game world, and different regions will be unlocked when purchasing new packs. It means, instead of new worlds like TS4, TS5 will have regions turning from forest to an actual neighborhood/district with lots. Each region is the size of a TS4 world.

The base game would include three regions, while one of them is an empty region like Newcrest. As EP and GP release, there will be more and more regions unlocked like radiation (areas around existing regions would be developed first, not somewhere at the other side of the Sims Isle). Although there will just be one world in the early days of the game launches, there will be some more to be added in a new type of pack called World Pack (not exactly the same as TS3's WP, but larger).

Regions would be given a status like :
- Village
- Suburbs
- Town
- City
- Metropolis
- Shopping District
- Vacation Destination
- University Campus

Certain "Region Status" would only come with packs released, like Village from a farming pack, Metropolis from a City Living-ish pack, etc. Each status gives a certain traits to the region, e.g. villages would be Off The Grid, shopping districts are exclusive for community lots, city and above enables apartments building, vacation destination enables hotel/resort lot type etc. All premade regions will have fixed region status while the empty regions enable us to develop, and their status will have chance to increase (for example from town to city due to development).

Talking about regions, there will be an open neighborhood feature which includes 1-8 lots in an open neighborhood. The only thing is that now you have the freedom to choose which group of lots should be included in one neighborhood as well as name them and give them neighborhood traits (not available for premades). There will be some basic but more advanced world editing tools, including but not limited to :
- Terrain tool (terrain heights (minimum changes, you can't turn a mountain into a deep valley), water tool, terrain surface)
- Infrastructure tool (straight and curved roads and streets, highway (can't build lots beside them), bridges, toll etc.)
- Decoration tool (foliage, road decors, street decors, statues etc.)
- Empty lot tool (can be placed on curved road, or even without attaching to any roads)
- Effect tool (cloud, rainbow, birds etc.)
- Transportation tool (railway, tram railway, bus stop, gas station)

The game will have an overhauled transportation system. There will be public transportation but with a certain conditions - you should have a station at a certain region if you want to make that region approachable. If you have a railway station (subway) lot type, you might build a railway for train.

Public transportation types :
- Taxis (called by phone, expensive, fast)
- Buses (must have bus stop, no station required, cheap, uncomfortable, medium waiting time)
- Trains (must have railway and station, price depends on distance, long waiting time, come in DLC)
- Tram (must have tram railway, no station required, middle price, comfortable, come in DLC)
- Airplane (must have airport, very expensive, fast, enables overseas (inter-worlds) traveling, come in DLC)

There should be vehicles in the base game too. In order for some of the vehicles to work, you may have to add petrol (as a rabbit hole interaction) at a gas station (not a lot type). You may get different licenses for different vehicles (yes, rabbit hole again) to drive them.

Normal transportation types :
- Walking (very slow, tiring, free)
- Bicycles (low speed, slightly tiring, bicycle costs money to buy, otherwise free of charge)
- Motorcycles (medium speed, not tiring, requires license, costs money to buy, requires petrol)
- Cars (high speed, requires license, comfortable (depends on model), expensive, requires petrol)
- Private jets (very fast, requires license, very expensive cost, requires diesel)

Other than that, the game will have a game changing new feature which is an overhauled financial system, which enables banks and ATMs to be placed. From this feature, personal account, investment, insurance, loans, inheritance and more would be possible.

The DLC packs coming will be more specific and organized as well (and cheaper). There would be these categories below :

- Expansion packs - adds new major features, new large region (20+ lots) unlocked, occasionally a new world, e.g. University, Seasons, City Living, Farming, Pets.
- Vacation packs - unlocks new vacation destination regions, enables vacationing, e.g. Island Vacation, Mountain Vacation, Jungle Vacation.
- Culture packs - unlocks new region of another culture, and with related new objects and CAS items, e.g. Asian pack, European pack, Caribbean pack.
- Lifestyle packs - adds new features in term of lifestyle, unlocks medium size new region (15+ lots), e.g. romantic pack, generations pack, hobby pack, shopping pack, nightlife pack.
- Game packs - adds new minor gameplay features, no new regions unlocked, e.g. active career pack, open a business pack, dine out pack.
- Stuff packs - adds new features and items based on a theme, no new regions unlocked, e.g. retro pack, spa pack, party stuff pack, teen stuff pack.
- Free packs - F.O.C, e.g. celebration pack, patches.
- Add-on packs - Requires certain EP/WP to be downloaded, e.g. a vacation pack or occult pack that requires an EP/WP to introduce a new world.
- World packs - Adds new world, introduces new items and features, usually larger than EP, e.g. magic world pack, future pack, into the past pack, underwater pack, underworld pack.
- Adventure packs - Introduces random events as new feature, adds new items, e.g. alien invasion pack, zombie apocalypse pack.
- Story packs - Introduces story progressions, may have mysteries to solve, introduces new region/world, features and items, e.g. StrangerVille.
- Occult packs - Introduces new type of occult coming with new region, features and items, usually are add-ons, e.g. Fairies pack, Vampires pack.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    You got some good ideas friend 😊
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    hopefully a more advanced, realistic game with less cutting of corners and drawbacks. i want a game that doesnt feel like a compromise . and i want a contemporary experience. i personally do not want more "pretend" play. i want more involvement and more of an open gameplaying experience.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • TerrahnortTerrahnort Posts: 3 New Member
    edited June 2019
    An open world bigger that the Zelda BOTW one or the Witcher III one (different geographical areas: old (European/Asia style) and new (American style) cities, a real oceans, mountains, deserts, fields, tropical and "cold, harsh" archipelagos like the Kerguelen...), volcanic areas (Dallol in Ethiopia, Volvic in France..
    A more mature game (M rated game or Pegi 18 game): gameplay ideas similar to GTA V, The Witcher... ---> more killing possibilities [Removed - CM], adult games...
    Seasons and weather included in the base game.
    Multiplayer mod.
    A fully controller gameplay ( with a controller if I'm not explaining myself well enough (sorry I'm French) for the consoles and the PC, not just a point'n click.
    More "Stylish" clothes and outfits! And old time clothes (Ancient Greece, Egypt and Rome, Middle Ages, Renaissance, Modern Times...).
    New EP and GP (no SP anymore) never created before like a death theme GP or a space theme EP (space conquest...).
    Realistic graphics...

It would be the perfect sims
    Post edited by EA_Joz on
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    I would like the sims to be more like those in sims 2. Open neighborhoods. With several neighborhoods. I want a lot of lots Color wheel and textures. Likes and dislikes, memories with pictures ( like remembering getting marrieed, fist date, first kiss, etc), zodiac...,extensive family charts. More romance actions.... cuddling in bed watching tv in bed, slow dancing etc. you I want them to go back to dressers to pick out outfits, and racks when in stores. I want sims to have to buy their clothes , buy or grow their food, not be able to take cereal from the fridge free. It just makes the whole experience more immersive, and realistic. Give us a car and garages from the beginning, in packs add functionality to them ( like working on them, woohoo, listening to music, teaching teenager to drive them), in packs add different types of cars, colors, etc. Real babies are very important, I want to be able to hold them, move around with them, put them on a couch, take them out in a stroller or snuggly, and the should have some kind of baby trait.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Honestly I just want CAW back and weather (not seasons) in the base game and I’m set lol.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    like the sims4 but rated e for everyone and where player controls the content that is added in game
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    So I decided to continue about my wild imagination about The Sims 5, a supposedly better Sim game than all its predecessors. I hope someone is listening.

In my main post, I talked about the look of the sim world and neighborhoods, overhauled transportation system, pack types, and a bit of financial system. So I'll talk about something different in this post.

Life Stages

The game will have a whole new age system that will include some new in-between life stages as following :

Newborn Baby
    - They must stay in hospital before fetching them back as Baby, your sim may watch the baby in hospital though.

Baby
    - It's the life stage after newborn baby returning to home. Babies are free to be moved to everywhere, unlike TS4.
    - Babies must sleep in a cot, and can be brought out with stroller.

Toddler
    - It's the life stage where the baby can finally climb, learn to walk, learn to talk and be potty trained.
    - They are taller than babies and with hair.
    - Toddlers can go to kindergarten in the region.

Child
    - It's the life stage where the sim goes to elementary school, mostly like the previous games.

Young Teen
    - They go to middle school.
    - They act like a "hybrid" of children and teens, a bit of childish, a bit of mature and a bit of rebellious.

Teen
    - They go to high school.
    - Teenagers can learn to drive, but not owning a vehicle yet. They can drive the vehicle under an adult's supervision.
    - Teenagers also can get a part time job.
    - They can live in a lot without any adult, only if there were adult(s) but they died, i.e. a household without at least one young adult or older sim can't be made.

Young Adult
    - They are at the age of maturity, where they no need to study further and can start a full time job/career.
    - They may go to college/university in the future pack.
    - They are mostly the same as TS4's young adults.

Adult
    - They are older than the young adults, usually are parents but not necessarily.
    - They are mostly the same as TS4's adults.

Young Elder
    - They are at the age where their hair starts to become gray, and wrinkles start to show.
    - They can choose to retire from their career in this life stage.

Elder
    - They are the last life stage, where they start to get really weak, and may die at anytime.
    - Their needs drop in a fast rate. Even a walk will cause them to be exhausted.
    - They have to walk around with a cane.

Create A Family

This feature is like an advancement from TS2, where you may set the family with relationships.

Just like TS2, a relationship may be formed by dragging a sim's thumbnail to another. You may create the following relationships in the base game :

- Parents and Children
    - Grandparents and Grandchildren
    - Siblings
    - Spouses
    - Roommates

More relationship types will come in the Family Living pack.

Create A Sim (Personalization Section)

In TS5, you will now be able to create an "experienced". By the term "experienced", it means the sim may be set with a certain things that only can be built in live mode in the previous games. This includes :

- Relationship between Sims in a household, you may just use the relationship settings tool to choose whether you want the two sims to have a certain relationship (strangers, acquaintances, friends, best friends, lovers, enemies, soulmates etc.), or if you are more hardworking, you may customize the relationship meter yourself.
    - Skill Points, but it's limited.
    - Interest, will talk about it later.
    - Career, with limited level of career.
    - Aspirations, like TS2 and TS4.
    - Turn On/Turn Off, for both friendship and romantic relationship meter. Will talk about it below.

Talking about the traits, there are now more traits than TS4. There will be 3+1 traits to be set in CAS (like TS4). The traits are influenced by some factors :

- Aspirations. It works like in TS4.
    - Genetics. You may inherit a trait from one of the parent, occasionally not.
    - Lifestyle. This will be only indicated by what kind of life you live before becoming a young adult, like do you read a lot of books (bookworm)? Or do you play games often (geek)? Do you skip classes to sleep at home (slob)?
    - Zodiac. There will be a zodiac sign system that gives you a set of trait (yes, there are 3 but a zodiac sign only takes up one trait slot) but the influence on the sim's personality is weaker than the rest.

Relationship Meter

There are several type of relationship meters that give an in-depth social gameplay experience :

Friendship - The higher the meter, the friendlier your sim is with the other one. 50 points make them friends, 70 points make them best friends and 90 points make them soulmates. Any friendship under 50 points are considered acquaintances. Negative points mean "disliked" or enemies.

Romantic - The higher the meter, the deeper the love towards another sim. Your sims may get married when the meter is enough high. A negative romantic relationship meter means one of them cheated. A sim could have higher romantic relationship meter than friendship.

Impression -
    This will be decided by the first image of meeting with a sim. A sim's turn on and turn off will decide the initial impression relationship meter point with a sim he/she met. The higher it is, the more turn-ons are met with the sim's criteria. Impression will not require any real relationship (friendship and romantic) to build. A sim can just be sitting beside your sim and they will build an impression relationship by "check sim out". The meter can be changed by further interaction. The higher the meter, the more likely the sim will actively get to know and interact with the other one.
    There are two types of impressions, one for friendship and one for romantic. Both decides how likely the sim will initiate a friendship/romantic relationship with the other.

Reputation -
    This is a feature that comes with a Get Famous-ish pack, haven't think about it yet.

Facilities

A sim region must be consisted of the following facilities lots. These lots will be kind of visible rabbit hole lot (like TS3) before further pack is released to unlock them to give a whole new game feature :

Kindergarten
    - This is the studying place of toddlers and the working place of kindergarten teachers. It's optional to let a toddler to go for it, but the drawbacks are huge (low performance during elementary school).
    - Parents have to bring toddlers to kindergarten during weekdays, by foot or by vehicles. You may have a transporter service but it costs simoleon (counted weekly).

Elementary School
    - It's for children to study. Elementary school teachers work there too.
    - It's a visible rabbit hole until Get To School arrives.
    - School bus service costs simoleon (counted weekly) so parents can choose an alternative to fetch/bring children to school by themselves.
    - Children can't walk to school if the school isn't located at the same neighborhood as their house, it'll show "school is too far" if they try to do so.

Middle School
    - Young teens go to middle school. It is almost like elementary school but with a bit more homeworks.
    - Young Teens may now joining clubs in the school, e.g. study group and art club, so that they can build skills/increase academic performance while in school.

High School
    - Teens go to high school. There are clubs here as well.
    - A sim shall choose to either go with science stream or art stream during high school. His/her choice will affect the availability of several careers which I will talk about later.

Police Station
    - This is the working place for the police career.
    - Sims can visit the police station to report a crime. A crime simply means burglary.
    - Police officers will come to your house to investigate and finally catches the criminal (burglar) and returns the stolen things/money. Burglars (like previous games) not only steal expensive items, but also money and jewellery. This is done by the action of stealing them from the closet (simoleons) and dressing table (jewellery, not visible and counted as simoleons). The simoleons are removed from a sim's personal account (this is a part of the overhauled financial system, I'm lazy to talk about it today but soon). Which sim's money is stolen depends on where the closet/wardrobe/dressing tabld locates. If the sim claims a room (yes, this exist), the closet/wardrobe/dressing table in it will automatically be his/hers, so the stolen simoleons belong to his/her personal account.
    - The criminal (a townie) caught will be prisoned, this is done by simply not showing up anywhere (if any sim knows the criminal) and not replying to phone calls. A sim as a criminal will just be shown as "prisoned", as if a sim goes to work.
    - The in-depth gameplay of a police career is available in the further pack.

Fire Station
    - This is the working place for the Firefighter career.
    - Sims can visit there to report an accident. An accidents simply mean fires, and it's of course slower than just calling them or even set up a fire alarm (same goes for police station with a hotline and a thief alarm, but stations must be there for…reasons, lol). However, fires in TS5 should destroy things slower than in previous games.
    - The in-depth gameplay of a firefighter career is available in the further pack.

Hospital
    - This is the working place for the medical career (doctor and nurse).
    - A hospital is also the place to give birth to baby. A pregnant sim must be hospitalized right before giving birth. Newborn babies stay at hospital for 3 in-Sim days.
    - A hospital is the place for patients to be hospitalized and healed. A sim may become a patient due to accident/injury (from fire, electric shock, car accident (rabbit hole) etc.), or due to sickness/illness (heart attack, asthma etc.)
    - A sim can visit to the hospital for small diseases (like flu or fever) and medicines will be given (with medical fees, of course). Medicines are normally taken daily (from sim's inventory) and it takes several in-Sim days for a sim to be healed.
    - A hospitalized sim will just be shown as "hospitalized", and other sims can visit them as a rabbit hole action (until further pack is released).
    - Other purposes to visit a hospital include visiting newborn baby and buy medicines.
    - The in-depth gameplay of a medical career is available in the further pack.

Bank (this is included in the finance topic and I'll be talking about it in the next post)

That's all for today, I love imagining nonsense anyway.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Maybe all the aboves that post before me, in addition a standalone program that allow to import sims from 4 to 5.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
    izecson wrote: »
    Maybe all the aboves that post before me, in addition a standalone program that allow to import sims from 4 to 5.

Yessss and import lots as well.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    So this is a thread where you may just let out your creativity and go wild with your imagination about the future series of Sims game. Just imagine and speculate wildly (and politely of course).

The Sims 5, in my imagination, looks much more like TS3 based on some pictures/videos I've watched (I'd never played TS3 though). There will be a really really huge island, namely Sims Isle, as the base game world, and different regions will be unlocked when purchasing new packs. It means, instead of new worlds like TS4, TS5 will have regions turning from forest to an actual neighborhood/district with lots. Each region is the size of a TS4 world.

The base game would include three regions, while one of them is an empty region like Newcrest. As EP and GP release, there will be more and more regions unlocked like radiation (areas around existing regions would be developed first, not somewhere at the other side of the Sims Isle). Although there will just be one world in the early days of the game launches, there will be some more to be added in a new type of pack called World Pack (not exactly the same as TS3's WP, but larger).

Regions would be given a status like :
    - Village
    - Suburbs
    - Town
    - City
    - Metropolis
    - Shopping District
    - Vacation Destination
    - University Campus

Certain "Region Status" would only come with packs released, like Village from a farming pack, Metropolis from a City Living-ish pack, etc. Each status gives a certain traits to the region, e.g. villages would be Off The Grid, shopping districts are exclusive for community lots, city and above enables apartments building, vacation destination enables hotel/resort lot type etc. All premade regions will have fixed region status while the empty regions enable us to develop, and their status will have chance to increase (for example from town to city due to development).

Talking about regions, there will be an open neighborhood feature which includes 1-8 lots in an open neighborhood. The only thing is that now you have the freedom to choose which group of lots should be included in one neighborhood as well as name them and give them neighborhood traits (not available for premades). There will be some basic but more advanced world editing tools, including but not limited to :
    - Terrain tool (terrain heights (minimum changes, you can't turn a mountain into a deep valley), water tool, terrain surface)
    - Infrastructure tool (straight and curved roads and streets, highway (can't build lots beside them), bridges, toll etc.)
    - Decoration tool (foliage, road decors, street decors, statues etc.)
    - Empty lot tool (can be placed on curved road, or even without attaching to any roads)
    - Effect tool (cloud, rainbow, birds etc.)
    - Transportation tool (railway, tram railway, bus stop, gas station)

The game will have an overhauled transportation system. There will be public transportation but with a certain conditions - you should have a station at a certain region if you want to make that region approachable. If you have a railway station (subway) lot type, you might build a railway for train.

Public transportation types :
    - Taxis (called by phone, expensive, fast)
    - Buses (must have bus stop, no station required, cheap, uncomfortable, medium waiting time)
    - Trains (must have railway and station, price depends on distance, long waiting time, come in DLC)
    - Tram (must have tram railway, no station required, middle price, comfortable, come in DLC)
    - Airplane (must have airport, very expensive, fast, enables overseas (inter-worlds) traveling, come in DLC)

There should be vehicles in the base game too. In order for some of the vehicles to work, you may have to add petrol (as a rabbit hole interaction) at a gas station (not a lot type). You may get different licenses for different vehicles (yes, rabbit hole again) to drive them.

Normal transportation types :
    - Walking (very slow, tiring, free)
    - Bicycles (low speed, slightly tiring, bicycle costs money to buy, otherwise free of charge)
    - Motorcycles (medium speed, not tiring, requires license, costs money to buy, requires petrol)
    - Cars (high speed, requires license, comfortable (depends on model), expensive, requires petrol)
    - Private jets (very fast, requires license, very expensive cost, requires diesel)

Other than that, the game will have a game changing new feature which is an overhauled financial system, which enables banks and ATMs to be placed. From this feature, personal account, investment, insurance, loans, inheritance and more would be possible.

The DLC packs coming will be more specific and organized as well (and cheaper). There would be these categories below :

- Expansion packs - adds new major features, new large region (20+ lots) unlocked, occasionally a new world, e.g. University, Seasons, City Living, Farming, Pets.
    - Vacation packs - unlocks new vacation destination regions, enables vacationing, e.g. Island Vacation, Mountain Vacation, Jungle Vacation.
    - Culture packs - unlocks new region of another culture, and with related new objects and CAS items, e.g. Asian pack, European pack, Caribbean pack.
    - Lifestyle packs - adds new features in term of lifestyle, unlocks medium size new region (15+ lots), e.g. romantic pack, generations pack, hobby pack, shopping pack, nightlife pack.
    - Game packs - adds new minor gameplay features, no new regions unlocked, e.g. active career pack, open a business pack, dine out pack.
    - Stuff packs - adds new features and items based on a theme, no new regions unlocked, e.g. retro pack, spa pack, party stuff pack, teen stuff pack.
    - Free packs - F.O.C, e.g. celebration pack, patches.
    - Add-on packs - Requires certain EP/WP to be downloaded, e.g. a vacation pack or occult pack that requires an EP/WP to introduce a new world.
    - World packs - Adds new world, introduces new items and features, usually larger than EP, e.g. magic world pack, future pack, into the past pack, underwater pack, underworld pack.
    - Adventure packs - Introduces random events as new feature, adds new items, e.g. alien invasion pack, zombie apocalypse pack.
    - Story packs - Introduces story progressions, may have mysteries to solve, introduces new region/world, features and items, e.g. StrangerVille.
    - Occult packs - Introduces new type of occult coming with new region, features and items, usually are add-ons, e.g. Fairies pack, Vampires pack.

It's going to have AR and be online and part of the Atlas Seed Project EA has been working on for the past 7 years. I hate online so won't be my cup of tea. They have had a thousand high tech people working on this project the last 7 years - it is expected in the next 2-3 years to be ready - all EA's triple A games - so yeah - that will include Sims 5 - no question about it -

https://www.ea.com/seed
    Post edited by Writin_Reg on

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    I hope they consider the capability to visit or move to all neighborhoods (or world's) in the game. I like the idea of world's that range from rural to small town, city, metropolis. I've heard some negative reviews about the City Life because you have all of these beautiful graphics one would associate with a city like skyscrapers, metro train tracks and highways that are pretty much just decorations with no interactions available.
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Absolutely NO online game play.

I want it to be silly and weird like TS2 was, but with updated graphics and a semi-open world.
    I don't want car accidents, asthma, realistic illness or injuries in the game.
    I want aliens in the base game and an alien world that somewhat mimics the regular worlds only weirder.
    Just please include laundry in the base game so we don't have to waste a pack on it. I hate laundry but apparently it's super popular with people.
    DON'T FORGET YOUR OCCULT PLAYERS. PLEASE. PLEASE. No more of this ridiculous 2.5 years between life stages, "temporary" life states or anything else half-baked. We deserve regular content like realism players do. It's what Will Wright would want.
    Keep the life stages the same. Baby > Toddler > Child > Teen > YA > A > E. I would like more of a difference between teens and YA's though.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited June 2019
    deeman190 wrote: »
    I hope they consider the capability to visit or move to all neighborhoods (or world's) in the game. I like the idea of world's that range from rural to small town, city, metropolis. I've heard some negative reviews about the City Life because you have all of these beautiful graphics one would associate with a city like skyscrapers, metro train tracks and highways that are pretty much just decorations with no interactions available.

Online sims is always just one world - all 4 previous versions of Sims online was one big world you get 1 house - 1 sim and have to earn more sims. It was horrible and i hated it. All they ever did was skill and talk. We could not change anything about the world. Well after 8 years of trying and 4 versions it never went anywhere.

But they are determined to get it online so there is no doubt the next one will be the next version and there was said to be AR which is real world things and places added to the game with a touch. There was mention of stopping your game and going to bed - waking up to come back to see all the other players had changed everything. To me that is a nightmare. I micro-manage my entire game. Just the thought is unbearable. I just know there is no way I would stand the online again. They do it one way to - no single player anything. It's why everytime someone talks about getting a Sims 5 - I say no way.

On top of it the Sims is not the only game going this way - I hear them calling this the future of gaming. I cannot imagine as a really long time gamer - I just can't.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• rudy8292rudy8292 Posts: 3,410 Member
    Honestly I just want CAW back and weather (not seasons) in the base game and I’m set lol.

Imo we are so far into the series now they can perfectly fine put Seasons and Weather in the base game. In fact; I think it's still ridiculous that it still isn't. I mean, they are not some small indie company, they make billions.
    I sure hope they don't make TS5 available solely for online play if that is what you are saying. I like being able to have control over my Sims.
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Online sims is always just one world - all 4 previous versions of Sims online was one big world you get 1 house - 1 sim and have to earn more sims. It was horrible and i hated it. All they ever did was skill and talk. We could not change anything about the world. Well after 8 years of trying and 4 versions it never went anywhere.

But they are determined to get it online so there is no doubt the next one will be the next version and there was said to be AR which is real world things and places added to the game with a touch. There was mention of stopping your game and going to bed - waking up to come back to see all the other players had changed everything. To me that is a nightmare. I micro-manage my entire game. Just the thought is unbearable. I just know there is no way I would stand the online again. They do it one way to - no single player anything. It's why everytime someone talks about getting a Sims 5 - I say no way.

On top of it the Sims is not the only game going this way - I hear them calling this the future of gaming. I cannot imagine as a really long time gamer - I just can't.

• HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited June 2019
    How I see it or what I want if it were tailor made to me?
    I'll go with how I see it. I expect a game that reaches many simmer types, is forward thinking and will work well with most standard computer's so they can sell it.
    Pressed post before I finished.
    I expect it to probably be more realistic in art style also. I'm not sure they would lose the funny sim angle but it would be nice if they could tone it down some to me anyway. I doubt we'll have a full open world because in the past it seemed to cause problems but it will probably be more open than it is now.
    Pretty sure it will come with toddlers next time mostly due to outrage. I'm positive though it won't come with all the bells and whistles because that's not what the series does... ever.
    egTcBMc.png
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited June 2019
    Adding to what you have:

Create a Sim
    • Creating babies in CAS
    • Wants/fears
    • Likes/dislikes
    • Picking interests

Build/Buy
    Hopefully, we will get a lot of the furniture we have in the Sims 4 (I actually think the Sims 4 has the best buy mode and objects than the other three sims games). What I would like to see more of:
    • Baby items (cribs, changing tables, swings, bouncer, playpen, stroller, walker, clutter items, rattles, and plushy toys)
    • Bunkbeds
    • All types of stiars
    • adding stairs to swimming pools and having different depths to pools
    • being able to make split levels
    • Curved walls
    • taking family pictures of sims and being able to hang them on the walls or put into picture frames
    • cars and garages

Live mode
    • More interactions between sims that aren't the same animation with a different name. I want my sims to interact with each other!! (Look for sims 2 for ideas :) )
    • I want my sims to feel unique and part of a family

World
    • If we can't have an open world I'll settle for open neighborhoods that are part of a bigger world. Meaning I can visit whatever lots are in the neighborhood without a loading screen and that the world isn't a backdrop but an actual place.
    • Being able to create our own worlds and neighborhoods if we so choose
    • In expansion packs that will be added being able to create our own apartments/hotels/restaurants/or whatever else without restrictions.

I'm sure I forgot some things but this is what came to mind!

I forgot to mention toggles for everything (weather, pets, occults, fame, aging, story progression, you name it!)
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't. I want and need them to finish and complete Sims 4 before even considering wanting to start all over with Sims 5 nor have a reason to (unless they make it like an updated Sims 2 with Sims 4 CAS, world hoping and build, then I am sold).
    edited June 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    I don't. I want and need them to finish and complete Sims 4 before even considering wanting to start all over with Sims 5 nor have a reason to (unless they make it like an updated Sims 2 with Sims 4 CAS, world hoping and build, then I am sold).

Same, I want the game to be as complete as it can be before a new game to arrive.
    Adding to what you have:

Create a Sim
    • Creating babies in CAS
    • Wants/fears
    • Likes/dislikes
    • Picking interests

Build/Buy
    Hopefully, we will get a lot of the furniture we have in the Sims 4 (I actually think the Sims 4 has the best buy mode and objects than the other three sims games). What I would like to see more of:
    • Baby items (cribs, changing tables, swings, bouncer, playpen, stroller, walker, clutter items, rattles, and plushy toys)
    • Bunkbeds
    • All types of stiars
    • Curved walls
    • taking family pictures of sims and being able to hang them on the walls or put into picture frames
    • cars and garages

Live mode
    • More interactions between sims that aren't the same animation with a different name. I want my sims to interact with each other!! (Look for sims 2 for ideas :) )

World
    • If we can't have an open world I'll settle for open neighborhoods that are part of a bigger world. Meaning I can visit whatever lots are in the neighborhood without a loading screen and that the world isn't a backdrop but an actual place.
    • In expansion packs that will be added being able to create our own apartments/hotels/restaurants/or whatever else without restrictions.

I forgot to mention toggles for everything (weather, pets, occults, fame, aging, story progression, you name it!)
    Adding to what you have:

Create a Sim
    • Creating babies in CAS
    • Wants/fears
    • Likes/dislikes
    • Picking interests

Build/Buy
    • Bunkbeds
    • All types of stiars
    • Curved walls
    • cars and garages

Live mode

World

Yes, all of them! I forgot about wants/fears and likes/dislikes. We should be choosing those like choosing turn on/turn off. I will be thinking about how interests can be implemented.

We should have different versions of the "openness" of the world too. Players with weaker PC could choose open neighborhood while those with stronger gaming PC could choose open region (equals to open world in TS3).
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

Idk but with the disasters that were the launch of TS4 and SimCity I really wonder if they're still set on going down that route for every single game they make. After all, that's not the case for all their current launches either, so surely there will be exceptions to this?

Also, they've tried this before and it never really took off. I don't put it past EA to give it another go but if they do, they're going to be in for a far more disastrous launch than their last one.
    I also hope they bring back Create A World like in TS2.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2019
    I imagine TS5 as bigger, better, funner. I hope that comes true and it is bigger and better than the base game of TS4. All the base games knocked my socks off except this one. Each one was very special. The Sims of course dazzled players we had never seen anything like that. TS2 made players marvel with questions like'how did they do that'? And TS3 had your Sim step outside their own door and could roam and go anywhere without a loading screen. TS4, showed us multitasking and muscial chairs and very social Sims who were so social they wouldn't do what was commanded. I hope TS5 is what everyone thinks it should be.
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    I wouldn’t worry about what EA call the future of gaming and taking that as gospel.

This is the same company who last year pro claimed that single player games are dead; when actually there was overwhelming evidence to the contrary for many, many single player games both in terms of sales and awards with one title winning repeatedly. Awards which no EA title got a look in at.

This is EA who are now working on a single player game in spite of saying all single player games are dead.

This is the same EA who call loot boxes “fun surprise mechanics” in games they are marketing to children and who are fighting Belgium who do not allow loot boxes in their games.

This is the same EA who destroyed sim city by making it an online only game just to abandon it when it of course flopped. That in turn stopped The Sims 4 from being an online game and we all know how that turned out.

Anyone remember the flop that was the sims online? I do.
    I’m not saying they aren’t foolish enough to try again with a sims 5. I think given half a chance they will try again. If they can make it a chargeable service and split dlc into even further pieces then I believe they would. I have no hope for sims 5. I’m just saying that EA aren’t known for listening to what their customer wants, they tell them what the customer wants and then more often than no it goes belly up.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    A mix of GTA5 and Sims
    WbUrFQm.png