The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What happened to your Newbie family?

HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
I was very nostalgic when I downloaded the Newbies for Sims 4. I haven't seen since Sims 1 (they're dead in Sims 2 and in Sims 3, they're teens... but I hardly recognized them...).

They had picnics in pj, I truly tried to make them low-income, Betty watched a lot of romance on TV, Bob loved to read. Eventually, I tried giving him a job as a security guard in Superstars and Betty once started a home business of jam cans.

I always found weird they got a house in Goth's land. Why? How? Subsidies?
I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...

Comments

• EarcatEarcat Posts: 461 Member
    Bob always seemed like a lazy slob who didn't work and watched TV all day. One time I played them, Betty studied alchemy and changed his personality, but I realized she loves the big lug just the way he is.
  • HejixHejix Posts: 1,056 Member
    The Newbies are like the Simpson or the Flinstones of the Sims... Simple and likeable.
    I want to play ALL the premade families! One day...
  • GraveDirtGraveDirt Posts: 42 Member
    Bob drowned in The Goth family's pool, leaving Betty a widow. Betty found she didn't really miss his slovenly ways that much and started a new life in the Slacker career. She adopted a dog named Duke from Old Town and spends much of her time down there trying to make friends.
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I played them more than any other family, eventually they adopted a kid. For some reason, the option of having a baby of their own never showed up (maybe they're too old, who knows), so that's that. Before that run, Bob have died in several different ways, one of them being burned while classical music was playing on the stereo. xD
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    They're useful for sacrifice. Gotta befriend Grim somehow.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.