Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about CC and Creator Permissions

Hi

I have a quick question. Do you think you need to ask creators; permission for changing the gender flags on CC in Sims4studio, not editing meshes in anyway, just simply changing the gender flags? I ask because there are quite a few things I want to change the gender flags on for sims I am working on at the moment and I would like to share pics on the forum when I am done. It would be a very big job tracking down every creator, on the other hand I don't wish to disrespect the creators of my favourite CC by doing anything I ought not to.

Comments

• TURBODRIVERTURBODRIVER Posts: 68 Member
    With respect to the creators, any personal modifications are fine as long as they stay on your computer. Sharing the modified content via images or video is a different medium than the original content so that, in reasonable circumstances, shouldn't be an issue for anybody.
    Linking Custom Content is always appreciated, by the creator and the users, even when slightly modified. That's the best they can ask for, have more people use their stuff, because you shared it.
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    I don't think changing the gender flags would be an issue as you can just remove the filters in the game to achieve the same effect. It just makes it easier for you to find the CC.
  • FeyonaFeyona Posts: 145 Member
    As a creator myself I would say that it's totally fine to modify such a minor thing as gender flags for your own use. As long as you don't share that file with the public. Whenever I modified someone else's CC for screenshot I would link that creator, so people would know who created this file in a first place.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    From my understanding, it is just for personal use it is fine as long as you don't re-upload the files or claim it as your own.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    As stated above its fine for personal use. In fact I personally think it's super helpful cause it help saves a TON of time of my cc searches in-game. Especially when I found out how to delete extra swatches + unnecessary hairs but keep the mesh.