Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SURVIVE THE INSANITY - UP-DATED AUG 3 - ON HIATUS

Comments

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    edited April 2019
    @LegacySims2017 @EuphorialQueen @bmit04 @superkyle221 @Damaro @NextTrickAnvils @Karababy52 @Charliimai @VanPelt81 @Munterbacon @Xantheanmar @Onyeka001 @lisabee2

Sul Sul Simmers! A new chapter is up for The Happy Hollow Asylum. The beginning of their 3-day adventure in Selvadorada. Comments and suggestions are always welcome. Enjoy!

Survive The Insanity: Happy Hollow Asylum - Wk 3 Weds., Arrival in Selvadorada-The Lodging

at-the-airport.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited April 2019
    Yay! They're finally in the jungle! Can't wait to read all the shenanigans they're sure to get up to. \o/ Some thoughts on this chapter in the spoiler. :)
    First of all, I love your Eco Lodge, it has a rustic, rundown, yet still functional and usable feel that's perfect for them! Almost like back home at the asylum. I got a chuckle out of the bathroom area having glass doors though. hehe No privacy for the erratic eh? ;) I like how you used the glass roofing plus all the vines creeping and covering everything. Great job, it's fabulous!

Seeing Rocky dipping his Llama toes in the swimming pond made me smile. Such a fun character! lol Wouldn't it be ironic if he happened to find a Llama toes fossil? :p

Boy, Midge sure seems to get obsessed with games easily! Is she as good at chess as she is at Don't Wake the Llama? I think the lady just likes to compete and loves to win and feel superior. lol Cool idea using the satellite dish for a satellite phone reception device. I love the clever way you invent things like that in the name of realism. :)

Wanted to ask, where is that fishing area in JA? I've seen those waterfalls I think, but the only fishing place near them I've found is on the dock/pier behind the marketplace? I'm guessing it's down a path from their lodging. Probably from a lot I haven't used yet. Anyway, it looks like they're enjoying themselves so far. I wonder how long that'll last. o.O

Looking forward as always to the next chapter! <3
    @Karababy52 - Thanks so much for reading and commenting. I had actually built that jungle eco-lodge almost a year ago but never posted it in the gallery. It actually was for this challenge. Then, just recently added some of the jungle plants and the "rain roof". Since everything was outside mostly, and it rained while they were there, I figured a "rain roof" would be a good idea for this build. The sat phone idea was from me researching cell phone reception in the jungle...and found some interesting things out. But, yes, a satphone you can get reception anywhere in the world, a cell phone, not so much. Glad you liked that bit in the story :) The problem with the build is that it is very small inside and really hard to get pics, but they won't be staying there long. lol The deck area overlooking the waterfall and fishing area are close to the Selvadorada Villa lot (rental $618/day). Your sim can actually walk to the marketplace from their lodging.

One thing about being on vacation is that you can't access the start or end clubs feature. So, whatever these sims do while they are on vacation is all autonomous. They are not being "controlled" by any of the club activities. The only thing that can be done is by clicking on Louis, he can "form a group", and "go here together". That is it.
    So, yes, Midge, on her own went to the chess table at the lodging and on that deck. She definitely is a gamer! lol I guess she aced the Don't Wake The Llama game, and wanted a new challenge. I love all of the quirky things that these sims do on their own.
    edited April 2019
    @LegacySims2017 @EuphorialQueen @bmit04 @superkyle221 @Damaro @NextTrickAnvils @Karababy52 @Charliimai @VanPelt81 @Munterbacon @Xantheanmar @Onyeka001 @lisabee2

Hold on! No, it can't be! Two up-dates in a row? Unheard of...but, yes, it's true. The Arrival Day had a lot going on, so I decided to split it into two chapters. And so we have another up-date as they head to the marketplace. Enjoy and comments and suggestions are always appreciated. Have a great day everyone!

Survive The Insanity: Happy Hollow Asylum - Wk 3, Weds. - Arrival in Selvadorada-The Marketplace

rocky-having-a-great-time.png
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
  • VanPelt81VanPelt81 Posts: 2,990 Member
    Nothing says good idea quite like liquored up mental patients on vacation.
  • ShadamiShadami Posts: 4,353 Member
    XD that caught me off guard and i actually snorted trying to hold in laughter.
    I'm sadly a bit behind.
    edited April 2019
    @SoulGal7 Oh cool, wasn't expecting that! Ah, yes, that's why I've never seen that fishing area, I've never rented that particular lot. My Sims usually cheap out and go for the one with creepy crawlers. Or the romantic hideaway if it's a couple. I'll have to check out that lot the next time I have a Jungle Explorer Sim. Thanks! :)
    LOL! Oh Midge, Midge, Midge, give it a rest and let someone else win Lady! Ah well, at least she's having fun! :) I hope she finds a feather for her cap too! And yes, that's one of the very reasons why I've played the Asylum challenge three times so far, the autonomy on, uncontrolled actions of the inmates. I normally micromanage all my Sims, so it's a treat for me to see what they do on their own. You'd think I'd learn from that, to loosen my grip and let my regular Sims run wild sometimes since I enjoy it so much. But nope, I.just.can't.do.it! o.O lol Oh well...

Enjoyed the little flirtation going on between Louis and the lovely Selvadoradian chica. Maybe we'll be treated to a little Jungle romance eh? One can only hope! Interesting info about the crashed airplane too. Me thinks you're implying something interesting with that little tidbit! ;) We'll find out soon hopefully!

Muwahahaha! @VanPelt81 Your comment is spot on perfect to describe this chapter! Love it! <3
    @VanPelt81 -Oh my word! Funny!

@Karababy52 - Yep, I know about the micromanaging of the sims - lol...but for the next 3 days, at least, these sims, except Louis and Viviana are free to roam and go wild. No club activities to control them either. lol I just think it is just so funny that Midge is now drawn to the chess table. I should test her out and put her in a room with a Don't Wake the llama Table and a chess table. Which one would she choose? lol And Rocky was in love with that drink...he had a few of them, I lost count. They were all just so hilarious in this chapter. At one point I didn't know where they had gone and thought they had gone back to the lodge or something, and that is when I saw them down at the outhouse. And I got the "lining up..." moodlet. And not just one of them either...there were 5 of them down there, and the restrooms in the cantina were empty. Ahhh...sims! lol

Good evening simmers! A new chapter is up for The Circle Asylum. The first part of their first day of adventure in Selvadorada. Comments and suggestions are always appreciated. Enjoy and have a great night.

Survive The Insanity: The Circle Asylum - Wk 3, Thursday - Arrival in Selvadorada-The Lodging

eric-and-the-llama.png
    Odd to see Mowgli more clothed than normal considering how close he is to the jungle now.
    @VanPelt81 -Yes, for sure. That was the random Maxis-generated summer outfit. But don't fear, everyone will be in their "jungle" looks when they enter the jungle in a few chapters from now :)
    Hey everyone - just to let you know, I will be away until mid-June and will post another up-date when I return. Heading off on vacation. Have a good one!
    Yes! More hi jinx of insa... I mean erratic sims. Fitting that Vivianna is critical of the derelict museum. Also, Barbie can win many arm wrestling championships with the size of her arms.
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    I am in for the Bachelor casting call <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited June 2019
    So at 4am woke up and couldn't go back to sleep. I did what any normal simmer would do and took the forums. And glad I did. Just went through and totally hooked. Amazing story. Can't wait to see more.
    WbUrFQm.png
    Another fantastic chapter @SoulGal7! Lots of fun had by all and perhaps a romance or two blooming too! ;) Barbie made me laugh with the mosquitoes, poor girl and the look on Vivianna's face about the spiders did too. I don't blame her, I hate spiders too! o.O Can't wait for next time when they're actually in the jungle exploring. Will they meet up with the other group at some point? That would be interesting. :)

Have a great rest of your day/night, whatever it may be where you are and Happy Simming! <3
    edited June 2019
    @EuphorialQueen - thanks so much for your enthusiasm!

@lisabee2 - oh, looking forward to that submission

@VanPelt81 - thanks so much for reading and commenting. Yes, all of the sims in The Circle Asylum are very fit.

@leetamme - oh thanks so much for reading and commenting. I am so glad you liked the story.

@Karababy52 - thanks so much for reading and commenting. Yes, those mosquitoes were after Barbie. I even had another shot of her swatting mosquitoes in another area, but cut that one. I am worried about her. I think bugs are just naturally attracted to her. lol

Since both groups are in the same game file and both are in Selvadorada you would think that they would randomly come across each other. Both groups seem to be bumping into Fernanda, though - Louis' love interest. I haven't thought about it, but they may have a meet up at the cantina on their last night there or perhaps at one of their rental properties.

I had acutally played ahead both asylums for their first day in the jungle awhile ago and I was very surprised at what happens. Sorry, no spoilers, but I am working on The Happy Hollow story this weekend, so an up-date on them will be coming soon.
  • TirananielTirananiel Posts: 3 New Member
    I want to summit a sim to for the bachelor challenge! Just need update and the Island living first before I make the sim <3
    @Tirananel - that would be fantastic. Be sure to do so on the other forum thread. Thanks so much !

And now, the moment everyone has been waiting for as The Happy Hollow residents head into the jungle. Eight go in...but how many will come out? Happy reading. Comments and suggestions are always appreciated. Enjoy!

Survive The Insanity: Happy Hollow Asylum - Wk 3-Friday - Selvadorada - Into The Jungle

at-the-trailhead.png
    @SoulGal7 Another fabulous chapter! I got the biggest chuckles out of how they all handled the critters, poor things! I guess I got lucky with my jungle explorer. He never encountered any in the jungle, but he did use up all his spider spray where he was staying, it had the creepy crawlers lot trait. Oh and I got a laugh out of Midge telling her story and the way Veta and Deidre were dressed. They must've been SO hot! o.O

You are incredibly lucky to get to the airplane site. My explorer went to the jungle multiple times and that door was always closed, darn it! Maybe next time he goes. Hope Midge gets her feather! I hope they all start remembering more about what happened to them too and extremely happy they're all still alive... so far! Looking forward to the next chapter and I'm glad to hear the two groups might meet up at some point. :)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    @SoulGal7 Another fabulous chapter! I got the biggest chuckles out of how they all handled the critters, poor things! I guess I got lucky with my jungle explorer. He never encountered any in the jungle, but he did use up all his spider spray where he was staying, it had the creepy crawlers lot trait. Oh and I got a laugh out of Midge telling her story and the way Veta and Deidre were dressed. They must've been SO hot! o.O

You are incredibly lucky to get to the airplane site. My explorer went to the jungle multiple times and that door was always closed, darn it! Maybe next time he goes. Hope Midge gets her feather! I hope they all start remembering more about what happened to them too and extremely happy they're all still alive... so far! Looking forward to the next chapter and I'm glad to hear the two groups might meet up at some point. :)

@Karababy52 - Thanks so much for reading and commenting. Yes, the Plane Crash site was almost always locked when I went in before, and it was pure luck that it was actually open when they went in. I couldn't believe it myself. I put the outfits that Veta and Deirdre were wearing under the summer outfit category, and maybe that's why Deirdre was shivering later in the evening. I didn't think it was that cold, but I was getting worried she might become an ice cube soon, so I had them leave. Plus all those bugs attacks. It was crazy!
    That was a hilarious chapter. I was especially laughing at Midge's "Totally going to work" plan of hiding in the tall grass to avoid the lightning bugs. That being said, I was surprised that Rocky didn't have the most outlandish suit out of the group.