Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things to fix about Vampires

Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
You can reset their weaknesses but they still remain active, so you could end up with every weakness there is if you respec around.

If you click the button to satisfy a need, say Feed, they will only drink the Plasma pack that you can buy, none of the ones you can craft or Plasma Fruits or salad/Jane.

They won't go to the fridge to get their feeding need satisfied either, as in not go to cook Plasma Salad nor drink Plasma Packs from it.

They will drink bought Plasma packs put into the lot, but the Maid/Butler will clean them up and put them in the fridge and then there's no more drinking them.

You can't fill drinking trays with Plasma Janes and have them be refilled with an easy click. You can't fill any of the food related items such as that fountain you can fill with chocolate or whatever, with Plasma.

You need to Balance the weaknesses, example; Sloppy Drinker, it literally cripples your vampire that it can't do anything but constantly feed. The choices for weaknesses are so linear and easy there's just no point in having multiple choices here. There's one perfect route to take, thus removing the point of have a choice at all.

In all honesty rework the whole perk selection thing. Add weaknesses to the Perks instead. Like pick the No need for Socials and end up being being worse at increasing friendship, but benefiting from not needing to be social. Just an example, but things like that.

There's probably a whole lot more but this is what comes to mind first.

EDIT: Oh and yeah, stop NON vampires from autonomously grabbing Plasma Salads...
You're Breathtaking!

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    Their vampire energy is really wonky as well.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Sloppy Drinker + Insatiable Thirst = Congratulations, you've locked your Vampire into having almost no time for anything but constantly tending to their Thirst Need.

Really, Thirst is annoying to handle if you aren't deeply drinking from Sims.
    Bought Plasma Packs restore like 15% of the bar, Frog/Fish ones give slightly less, and Plasma Janes/Fruit Salads barely give ANY thirst.
    And raw Plasma Fruit is just as bad. Quality doesn't affect their thirst satisfaction, it's like 8% of the bar per fruit.

I wish it was balanced like Hunger for normal Sims.
    If a single serving of pancakes can bring a Sim from near-starvation to fullness, then I wish a Vampire didn't have to hunt down 2 to 3 Sims for a Deep Drink or down like half a dozen Plasma Packs or like 15 plasma fruits or spend hours eating/drinking multiple plasma dishes/drinks to go from empty to full thirst bar.

And yeah, what is with non-Vampires just grabbing leftover plasma fruit salad to eat?
    It just makes them puke, but they don't even stop after that! Dummies!
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    @Iyasenu Hear hear, just one of those weaknesses is bad enough. Trying to avoid both if I can.
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    Stutum wrote: »
    @Iyasenu Hear hear, just one of those weaknesses is bad enough. Trying to avoid both if I can.

For real, every time I make a Vampire I end up choosing combinations of:
    Guilty Drinker
    Day Phobia (up to 3 Ranks)
    Sleep of the Undead
    Fitful Sleep (up to 2 Ranks)

Day Phobia can just be completely counteracted if you get the Carefree aspiration reward trait, so it makes it such a good choice. Same for Guilty Drinker, too. 3,000 Aspiration reward points well spent.
    Fitful Sleep is also an easy choice, since a Vampire doesn't even NEED to sleep, just use Dark Meditation every few hours, easy.
    Sleep of the Undead is also a good choice, for the same reason. Not being able to sleep in a bed isn't too bad if don't need sleep anyways. If you have Outdoor Retreat, it doesn't even affect sleeping in Tents either.
  • Options
    WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,105 Member
    One thing I've noticed in my game is them having some issues with picking up trash in bat mode.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Guilty Drinker
    Sleep of the Undead

Day Phobia can just be completely counteracted if you get the Carefree aspiration reward trait, so it makes it such a good choice. Same for Guilty Drinker, too. 3,000 Aspiration reward points well spent.
    Fitful Sleep is also an easy choice, since a Vampire doesn't even NEED to sleep, just use Dark Meditation every few hours, easy.
    Sleep of the Undead is also a good choice, for the same reason. Not being able to sleep in a bed isn't too bad if don't need sleep anyways. If you have Outdoor Retreat, it doesn't even affect sleeping in Tents either.

Those are good options, and as you say, easy to deal with once the carefree trait is on. I also level up on the occult powers, so very little energy is spent. If I'm not going to have anything to do with food, I also pick troubled stomach, however, thanks to a glitch that trait will be permanent, even if you rearrange the powers and weaknesses, or even get a cure, so better be sure.
  • Options
    WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2019
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Guilty Drinker
    Sleep of the Undead

Yep, the Carefree trait is a vampire's best friend.
  • Options
    WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    edited June 2019
    The vampire foods dont satisfy the thirst moodlet much and it takes several bowls of plasma salad, the plasma drink you can make seems to also be in a similar boat, I feel like that should be adjusted.

Also, curing your sims of vampirism appears to be bugged, I cured a sim recently but found he still had his weaknesses and perks despite being human again, so he is constantly stuck in the fine emotion because of the dampened emotions buff and cant eat food without throwing up every time because of the withered stomach buff, I've tried just about everything to fix this and nothing has yet to solve it :/
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • Options
    NindigoNindigo Posts: 2,764 Member
    It feels like vampires have been abandoned by the developers. That they are obsolete and not worth fixing anymore. So much should have been corrected by now.

I have a vampire whose former perks and weaknesses persist even though I choose new ones using a Draught of Reconfiguration. They even persist upon curing the Sim of vampirism.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
    Time enjoyed is never time wasted

• Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    If any of my vampires have any skill points in mixology, all they will do if left alone is make drinks. Over and over and over. It's so irritating that I recently deleted all bars from my houses.

Me and another user on another post have been having an issue where they often don't change into their dark forms to feed as well. Vampire energy is incredibly wonky.
    Nindigo wrote: »
    It feels like vampires have been abandoned by the developers. That they are obsolete and not worth fixing anymore. So much should have been corrected by now.

When I see people getting excited for mermaids, this is all I can think of. They'll probably wind up the same way, forgotten and buggy.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    If any of my vampires have any skill points in mixology, all they will do if left alone is make drinks. Over and over and over. It's so irritating that I recently deleted all bars from my houses.

To be fair, this is also true of any of my Culinary Sims, as well.

I am looking forward to the Magic pack later this year, but I was kinda meh about TS3 Vampires (either iteration) and not really planning on adding them to my TS4 play. This thread has confirmed me in the wisdom of that decision. I have a lot of other content to catch up on, though, and don't expect to be bored any time soon without them.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    That's really a whole other issue, like the game is missing context based behaviour overall. Basically they're all oblivious nihilists and don't really act in a reasonable way.

But it's really worthy of a topic on its own because it's probably the biggest flaw of the game, Sims behaviour. :)
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Hey there! So a lot of your points actually already have threads around them on Answers HQ, I'll link you to it here: The Sims 4 AHQ

You should be able to find them on there and it's a better place to discuss bugs/things not working as they should!

I'm going to close this off as it's best to keep that type of discussion where it's already happening.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top