Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Island Living: What do you think?

13...Next

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Has anyone seen footage of the lifeguard career? I can't find anything.
    marcel21 wrote: »
    Cynna wrote: »
    I'm excited to learn that there is scuba diving. What a relief. Underwater photography sounds amazing.

I haven't found any gameplay footage on diving yet. anybody else found any :)

You probably haven’t seen either because both the diving and life guard jobs are rabbit holes.

With diving, your sims could bring back some photos from underwater with a camera. I don’t know if the photos are random or what, though.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simmingal wrote: »
    I got very excited about the ladders but turns out they can only be used with foundations? which made me bit angry so now I am just trying to chill and think of 99 good things this pack has even if they had to be petty like that

-____________-

Another thing for modders to fix...

Those laddes aren't even that revolutionary and exciting. They just copy-pasted the functions and animations from the jumping platform from Get Together. The EP also reuses a few animations and objects from various packs. The play in waterfall animations was from the Romantic Garden fountain. Swings that were introduced Seasons are returning to this EP. Another one from Get Together, the fire pit and the fire dance and all of its function.

ok i ain't gonna lie no matter how much I love some of this packs features I really wanted hula dance and using fire dance of other pack is petty I already have that give me something new (not to even start on how there is no couple dances of any kind because like at this point its ridiculous you have 7 eps and no couple dance animation is it really so hard?)
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    ^I miss the couple dance, i agree hula dance and fire would be nice to see to get that real island life feel. Still excited though
  • DiamondPandaDPDiamondPandaDP Posts: 43 Member
    Everything. I'm excited for everything! I'm especially excited to get Seasons and see how it works with this pack. I also am getting excited for the gallery to get flooded!
    -DiamondPanda
    If I help you please note I do not work for EA. Have a nice day :smiley:
  • TotallyABrobotTotallyABrobot Posts: 112 Member
    I'll pass judgement once I've actually played it. Speculation is only saved for full game upcoming releases for me.
    Before you ask, please consider how futile the question is.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm excited to learn that there is scuba diving. What a relief. Underwater photography sounds amazing.

You probably haven’t seen either because both the diving and life guard jobs are rabbit holes.

With diving, your sims could bring back some photos from underwater with a camera. I don’t know if the photos are random or what, though.

We can't Really dive :#

oh man. when i saw sims in the render I assumed they could dive proper like they could in the sims 3.

I loved building underwater lots for sims to dive and for mermaids to live.

life guard career should be open to
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    It was a bummer for me when I found out lofeguard carreer was not active :disappointed:
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited June 2019

oh man. when i saw sims in the render I assumed they could dive proper like they could in the sims 3.

You can be a lifeguard on beach lots, there's an interaction to guard the beach when you click on the sand if you are in the lifeguard career. Although I'm not sure if sims can actually save anyone....
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

You can be a lifeguard on beach lots, there's an interaction to guard the beach when you click on the sand if you are in the lifeguard career. Although I'm not sure if sims can actually save anyone....

It doesn’t just work on the beach. It works anywhere. My sim patrolled her bedroom for danger. She got the moodlet. I don’t think the interaction does anything except give the buff and give the appearance of being a lifeguard.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    I think its a beautiful pack. I bought Strangerville and that wasn't my jam at all. So I am definitely gonna buy Island Living. Im just not pumped. I would have loved a beach pack based off of an American beach with a city side. They have never explored that. Beach doesnt have to mean "exotic Island". Like it would have been nice to have a Miami beach based beach world. Where you have the city side and then the beach side, with more American type of summer clothing.

However, I will buy the new stuff is really pretty and the water is gorgeous.

I grew up in a Beach Town. (This one drew attention by a song by the Beach Boys putting us on the 'map', so to speak.) Not so excited about that. I prefer the exotic, myself.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    I think its a beautiful pack. I bought Strangerville and that wasn't my jam at all. So I am definitely gonna buy Island Living. Im just not pumped. I would have loved a beach pack based off of an American beach with a city side. They have never explored that. Beach doesnt have to mean "exotic Island". Like it would have been nice to have a Miami beach based beach world. Where you have the city side and then the beach side, with more American type of summer clothing.

However, I will buy the new stuff is really pretty and the water is gorgeous.

I grew up in a Beach Town. (This one drew attention by a song by the Beach Boys putting us on the 'map', so to speak.) Not so excited about that. I prefer the exotic, myself.

I would have hated to have city beach im sick of cities so personally im hyped with this one
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    I'm really looking forward to this, but I'm even more interested in the magic themed GP that is coming later this year, so I need to find the willpower to wait until that one is released, and buy them both in a bundle!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I am absolutely loving Island Living. it took 3 sim days for her to see a dolphin but not much time to get to chums, then friends and within a few more days (mostly because she was doing other things too not just talking to her new dolphin friend even tho its absolutely adorable) she is already soulmates with one, and she is not even a mermaid! I actually saw an NPC sim on one of the beaches she was at listed as lifeguard. I thought that was pretty cool, and although she did not do so well on her first Kava Party, I learned to not set out all the food first with the kava drinks or they will only eat food, lol. There are so many things to see and do, I have not seen an actual event take place yet. I think I am looking in the right neighborhood because I looked it up, has anyone found these yet? I have my sim a child of the islands, she was also of the ocean but i changed it, may change it back later, because i wanted to see what new fish they have and she did not like fishing them up, it made her sad. She's practically best friends with the mermaid that was in the trailer and she's one of my favorite sims, she is so nice. Once she became good friends she was able to discover that yes she is a mermaid (before that she would say Why would you think that? and in a negative way) and now she actually swims with her tail out, before discovery she never had done that. So many things to do, so much to see....It's hard now for the first time to force my sim to not forget other towns, even tho I do see a ton of the other sims there too. She has even met a few vampires that live around the island ( I think they are actually not in the world still but they are always on the island). What is your favorite thing so far? I cannot be sure I can decide what my favorite is yet. And it is so BEAUTIFUL!
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I absolutely did not intend to do this, but I've turned nearly every single one of my playable sims in my current save into merpeople, including other occult sims. I really didn't think I'd like mermaids this much but I am OBSESSED! I've barely scratched the surface of new items and gameplay elements, and I've already taken more than 350 screenshots. I would've liked more in the way of abilities (and naturally more functionality outside of Sulani but I wasn't expecting that anyway) but otherwise, I am in love with making and playing mermaids. When (if? :'( ) Werewolves are added in, I hope they're as much fun to mess around with as mermaids have been so far.
  • ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    I *LOVE* this EP. The eco element is such a great addition from TS3 edition and I just want all my worlds to be like this now. Love love love.
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am really liking the feel and look of Sulani and some of the new things, but between work, and home renos, and when I am in game, I have been mostly building and setting things up.

I love the B/B. I love the world. I love the clothing in CAS.

I've got to get further in before I can fully give it a rating at all.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    I am really liking the feel and look of Sulani and some of the new things, but between work, and home renos, and when I am in game, I have been mostly building and setting things up.

I love the B/B. I love the world. I love the clothing in CAS.

I've got to get further in before I can fully give it a rating at all.

Can’t wait to read your full review 💙
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2019

You have to beware of the hype videos as I learned from Sim City hype videos everything you see and they do put up an disclaimer that everything you see in the video may not be possible in the real game, But again it is how you interpret it.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • rambahadoerrambahadoer Posts: 405 Member
    It’s an okay expansion but i was already looking for new things to do only after a couple hours of gameplay the most stuff went into the the new career wich gets kijd of repetitive the ocean swimming is nice and great to finally have but i don’t see this as the huge gameplay feature we get with each ep then we have mermaids theyre nice but after your sim turns into one there isn’t much to do and boats feel like an afterthought there is one boat and an aquazip no water skiing windsurfing or normal surfing this gets old quick imo i don’t want to hate on the sims but this pack lacks depth or anything substantial imo i get they wanted to focus on living on a island so i get the lack of resorts however this doesn’t excuse the lack of gameplay they should have added

Hammocks plus hammock woohoo
    Water skiing
    Other boat just style wisr same function maybe faster or slower
    Windsurfer
    Hula dance
    Active lifeguard career
    Open diving lots mermaifs especially needed this
    Secret mermaid lot
    Surfing
    If they had added this or at least some of this the pack would have had more valur but now it feels unfinished and i already played most of the content and don’t feel like replaying it again not trying to hate just some feedback here bc i reslly hipe the packs have more deoth
  • kolosrecekolosrece Posts: 22 Member
    I saw this tattoo on Origin, but I can't find it in the game?
  • kolosrecekolosrece Posts: 22 Member
    I saw the face tattoo on Orgin. But I can't find it in the game?
  • Terpsichore_Terpsichore_ Posts: 27 Member
    I think the mermaids are awesome, swimming with the dolphins and having them as pets is fantastic, being able to swim in the ocean is awesome, having a career or at least in interest in protecting the island is very interesting and very "now" ! I did playtested yet the part-time jobs, but I think it's a great initiative, and the landscapes are amazing on this expansion pack !
    Tbh, I didn't expect to like it as much as I did ! Most of the time I get excited whenever a new DLC comes out, but this one actually stayed with me...until today !