Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ways to temporarily stay on Sulani without living there a few days and moving back, or using mods

jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
First of all, allow me to say I'm NOT writing off the possibility of the devs eventually giving players the ability to place rental lots where they please. I'm not even writing off the idea we might get this feature soonish. I'm simply saying that Sulani does not come with any rental lots, and currently we do not know if or when we will get the ability to place a rental home or hotel.

So for those of us who may wish to have a family (or two) travel to Sulani for a night or two to boat, fish, and do all those other fun island things and NOT live there, I thought I'd start a thread to discuss ideas on how to do this without mods, or simply selling your current lot in favor of one on Sulani, and going back to your old lot as soon as you were done.

I'm thinking possibly the easiest way is to simply buy a tent and some other stuff from outdoor retreat and just set up on the beach with what you want in your inventory. But perhaps some of you have better and more interesting ideas!
Sims YouTube
Twitter
Gallery ID: jacechu06

Comments

• AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    Is Sulani recognized as a regular world or is it a destination world?
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member

It's a livable world from my understanding.
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    you could plop down a generic lot and use it as a vacation home or you could buy a retail, vet clinic, or restaurant lot. The latter would require money though
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,502 Member
    I will simply do what I did when playing StrangerVille. I used this as a 'mission' for my Star Trek Enterprise crew. I went into manage families and broke the six crew members I decided would be on this mission. Then I placed them into a house in StrangerVille, using the free real estate cheat. They came with a certain amount of Simoleons as a 'new household' does. I believe it was about §30,000 for the six of them. Originally, I had them take vacation days, which I augmented to 7 days via MCCC. That turned out to not be enough, so I had them each quit their jobs. No worries. Once they defeated the Mother, I went back into manage families and sent four of them back to the ship and two of them into the 'rest of their lives'. They married.

I will do something similar when I have my Global Superstar wed. Island Living will be their honeymoon location. It should be interesting to see if the paparazzi follows him, though. I do recall in Sims3, they had no shame and would follow my singer Sim to whichever hotel he stayed in, in whichever location. Brazenly, they would just burst into the room and start taking pictures of him and his wife while they slept. Happily, that's all they were doing. LOL :open_mouth::/:(
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • jacechujacechu Posts: 87 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    you could plop down a generic lot and use it as a vacation home or you could buy a retail, vet clinic, or restaurant lot. The latter would require money though

What is a generic lot, and what does it allow you to do?
    Sims YouTube
    Twitter
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    I would get a retail lot and just don't open the store and design it to be a house and call it your vacation home. My Sims live on retail Lots all the time and it works really well. Or you could pretend it's a hotel by making several rooms with beds and opening it up and making money from a little Cafe downstairs or in the front or something and your Sims could still stay too.
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I am going to test an idea. Set up my hotel as a residential lot. Staff will be the people who live there. I always give my Sims the always welcome reward so they should be able to visit, use the amenities, and go home with no problems. I should have an answer in a about an hour.
  • SarahsShadySarahsShady Posts: 963 Member
    I just build a hotel on a generic lot type for an easy fix. You can stay as long as you like, if your sim is working take vacation days or they will return home after a work shift though.
    giphy.gif

Please Bring Back Toddlers, Realistic Teenagers and Create a World.
    Make the Sims (4) Great Again<3

• DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,943 Member
    jacechu wrote: »

You can live on the lot and it's like a second home. You will get sims, vampires and friends visiting you on the lot but not random sims.

I made a generic lot with the roller skating rank inside a building. But since sims don't come to the lot like they do if it was a park, I changed it to a national park. Now when I go there sims will show up to use the skating rank.
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    The reason I am trying it as residential is to give the illusion of staff. Siblings plus a butler. Still working on it.
  • NoWayJose527NoWayJose527 Posts: 1,456 Member
    I definitely have sims who want to vacation on the island. I may go with sims taking vacation days and staying at a home built on a generic lot, but since I have had some issues in the past with generic lots I might not. Instead I might use a money cheat to allow them to move to the island but then move them back after a few days. That sounds like a lot of hassle though. Maybe I will try setting up a retail lot as others have suggested. I am really hoping the developers quickly realize this is a much-needed feature and will make it possible for us.
  • LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I have hotels and neighborhoods that are labeled as parks. Can stay there for as long as you want and plenty of other Sims show up :)
    I plan on building a hotel/ resort in Sulani too for a vacation spot.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I would get a retail lot and just don't open the store and design it to be a house and call it your vacation home. My Sims live on retail Lots all the time and it works really well. Or you could pretend it's a hotel by making several rooms with beds and opening it up and making money from a little Cafe downstairs or in the front or something and your Sims could still stay too.

This is what I thought, too. Purchase a retail lot, put a second home on it, just never open the store and you can stay there. Seems like the best possible solution to me.
    p8L4V6v.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    I go with the restaurant idea, myself. I have a hotel that's designated as a restaurant; my sims can pay whatever price I want by buying a certain amount of food, then they get to explore the rest of their hotel at their leisure. You can also lock the doors so that only people belonging o a certain club can enter them, so you can keep other guests from walking into your sims' bedroom.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2019
    Was thinking about just using a generic lot or another type of lot to have my sims visit Sulani when they go on vacation.

Between taking paid time off with the parents and if you happen to have Seasons just make two or three holidays that has everyone off from school/work so they can take a vacation. :)

Also the restaurant idea sounds good that can be combined with a few rooms or maybe a disconnected shack from the busy part of things. The GTG club feature would also be useful if you want to have a maid of sorts to come in and clean things up and/or do repairs when things break.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I'll probably do the retail lot idea just so other random sims won't show up. I'm planning on having a small rental house scenario rather than full on, fully occupied hotel.
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    Since I'm not sure if I'm definitely moving or not, an idea I have is to make a bed and breakfast type lot that has everything a destination rental would--this also allows for other sims to join. This, along with taking time off/vacation time would allow me to explore the island for a while and still have all of my needs met.

I really love Brindleton Bay, but I may end up moving over completely if I love this world enough!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
    Just create a generic lot and build a "hotel" on it... or a vacation home. That's the easiest way to do it. Honestly, it's an easy substitution for hotels and stuff like that. The only downside is you won't have other Sims staying there... and you won't have room service or anything... but it still works. Your Sims can stay there as long as they want.

I already do this kind of thing with some lots in certain worlds (like Oasis Springs and Strangerville). I built a "bungalow getaway" in Oasis Springs and a bar/motel in Strangerville. It's not a perfect solution, but it works! :smile: That's what I plan on doing for Sulani... even though it's a home world, I'm just going to treat it as a "vacation" world. I'll build "hotels" and "getaways"... and maybe some restaurants and spas too. And I'll treat it like a "vacation" while my Sims are staying there.
    Favorite Packs
    Sims 1: Hot Date
    Sims 2: Seasons
    Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
    Sims 3: Seasons
    Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
    Sims 4: Seasons
    Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
    Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • annalephantannalephant Posts: 98 Member
    i think there are quite a few workable options for us to use until we get the option for creating vacation venues in any world. (who doesnt enjoy a city break every now and then?! or a weekend in brindleton bay!)

But so far my thoughts are to combine the following to cover most scenarios
    a) camping! create a national park on the beach or just pack your tent and camping gear and head off to the beach - in particular im thinking this could be really helpful when combined with national holidays to give your sims in other worlds a one off trip to the beach for a day or two.
    b) the hotel option- so far i have really liked the idea of using a resturant to pay for your stay and combine a meal with rooms and service. Or using a residential lot with the staff as the residents- I really like the idea of using a club gathering for the staff to cook and clean around your guest sims.
    c) the second home - seems that purchasing a generic lot as your second home is perfect for those sims with a high end lifestyle to have an island getaway location.
    d) holiday rentals, selfcatering, b&b- i think that having a generic lot on the islands that any sim can use as their island holiday accomodation works perfectly for everything except realism of finance. Im thinking air bnb!!! go stay in a self catering property for as long as your vacation days will allow you to. Im sure there is some way you can find to dock yourself the relevant funds.... make a donation to charity! it might break the suspension of reality a bit, but if you are the type of person who cant be content with your sim having a free holiday (hey they might have won a competition!) there are definitely ways and means, other than cheats, to deduct funds from them to pay for their stay.

So whilst we dont have the ability to designate holiday rental lots anywhere (i hope that we do get that function one day) and im definitely sad that they didnt include a hotels system in the pack (im hoping they might release a game pack for hotels!) i think we have enough options to be going on with that meets most sims budgets and most players needs
  • crustnashecrustnashe Posts: 2 New Member
    In selvadorado or whatever it was called. I built a spa and added upper floors to house hotel rooms. The spa day items make for a perfect resort start since many reaorts offer spa treatments. I built a grand lobby with the spa in one wing and a buffet and bar in the other wing with a large pool in the courtyard. My sims stay there everytime the visit salvadorado. It feel luxurious.
  • GviperGviper Posts: 45 Member

Likely depends on who you ask. Apparently in the eyes of the developers this is a black and white concept right now.
  • CorenrenCorenren Posts: 592 Member
    edited June 2019
    You can just purchase a tent, cooler and some chairs throw them into a sims inventory and go camping on a beach. Then have your sims travel there and they can place the camping objects into the world and literally stay anywhere for free. When they are done, load up your stuff and go home.
    2ynjgg8.png
  • CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    edited June 2019
    jacechu wrote: »

it's just a lot that has no build requirements. and no one visits them. Therefore you could technically put all necessary accomodations on a generic lot and "live" there for a time. Of course with some caveats but nothing too major.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    What I did for past sims that owned Restaurants or worked as Veterinarians was build a house with it so they can stay there as long as they want without traveling all the time and was like a second home.

One vet lot was basically a family home that was partly converted to an animal hospital.
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    And if you want your friends or extended family to “join” you on your vacation, if you have Get Together, you can add them in the club and constantly keep it active. In addition, if you don’t want people to leave to go to work or school, if you have Seasons, just make the days holidays and make no work/school an option.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif