Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HOW TO PLAY DOWNLOADED WORLDS?

This discussion was created from comments split from: HOW TO PLAY DOWNLOADED WORLDS?.

Comments

• xXPerfectNeonKittyXxxXPerfectNeonKittyXx Posts: 2 New Member
    I have a problem. I moved my world (In this case Riverview) to installed worlds since it didn't show up, then once that didn't work I tried to rename it to riverview.world in hopes that would fix it. (It was originally named Riverview Sims 3 Pack) Once I did that, all my worlds went poof! Is there something I did wrong? Is there anything I can do to fix it?
  • igazorigazor Posts: 19,330 Member
    edited June 2019
    @xXPerfectNeonKittyXx - It seems this post got bounced around a couple of times and no one has really responded yet. If you are still needing help here, the downloaded Riverview sims3pack is meant to go into Downloads, not InstalledWorlds, for the Launcher to read and install. The Launcher installation process once you run it from there should create the InstalledWorld file for you along with any other content that comes with the world being placed where it needs to.

There is more to a downloaded store world like that one than just the underlying .world file. Also, the files for EA Store worlds are encrypted, so they can't be manipulated in quite the same ways that custom created worlds can -- even Riverview, which is free, is still store content.
    o550pjoa47rpxo63g.jpg
    NRaas has moved!
    Our new site is at http://nraas.net