Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👩‍🎓UNIVERSITY or FARMING👨‍🌾

Comments

• Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    I don't understand this poll, two expansions might come at the same time? No...
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I want both! Preferably university first, but that’s not a big deal.

I think a hint to the next EP will be found either in Island Living or Realm of Magic, so I’ll wait with identifying items as yet.
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited June 2019
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    I’m hating university irl so it would be nice to give my sims a better uni experience!
  • Options
    ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I love the idea of a farming EP, UNiversity I can take or leave.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I would prefer farming. I hated university in sims 3 it was so glitchy, I didn’t like playing it and looking back it was a pack I wish I had not bought.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I want both.

But I want farming first because it would be a newish theme for the franchise, plus horse pets in CAS.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I personally would prefer farming (I am a uni student, so I don't want to relive my pain in the sims), but I think the sims team is probably working on both. There was a tweet hinting at a farming pack, but I honestly don't think the sims team is ignoring the players who want university. University is just such a huge pack that will add so much new content and new systems to the game that it seems like they are probably working towards it, but aren't ready to release it yet. The sims team, despite their sometimes questionable decisions, knows exactly what players are pining for and would be silly to ignore both their fans and the profits which come along with them.
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    University! It makes me my game feel more well rounded.
  • Options
    annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    edited June 2019
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    University seems the most likely to be next since it's in such high demand, but of course there's no guarantee. I'm one of the few not crying out for it, but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised by new content e.g. homeschooling, open courses etc. I'm not particularly interested in a Farming EP either, but if it brings werewolves or horses and a nice world then I'll be very happy.
  • Options
    SalmaPlaysSimsSalmaPlaysSims Posts: 5 New Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I just feel as though farming would be such a wholesome and unique pack which i could never get tired of and i would prefer it over a university pack. Despite this i can understand why somebody could want the university more as we all have different definitions of enjoyable gameplay.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    ❌Neither ❌
    Coming into the thread, I was worried it'd be a difficult decision. But you got me covered with that neither option ;)
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    University will come next even though I'd rather see farming next.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I chose both...because I'm greedy. If I had to choose though, it would be Farming.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I genuinely want both. University could come with an agriculture major (among other things) and a Farm pack could come with the ability to sell your own produce at a farmers market type thing.
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    ❌Neither ❌
    I don't really want either of them.. I would rather have more adventure packs.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    keekee53 wrote: »
    I want both but I am afraid of how they will do University. I play on a rotation and I would love to send all the teens\young adults at the same time. I am afraid they are going to do it like sims 3 and only allow on family at a time. If that is the case, it will be pretty much worthless to me.

You make a good point. I play on rotation as well but I always planned to move all the sims I enrolled in University in the same household. It would be nice to have option to put anyone in University or if you put them in they'd register as students even if you weren't playing their household.
  • Options
    xxJaixxxxJaixx Posts: 46 Member
    Id be happy with either! Farming seems fun (because hopefully they'd add back horses but lets be honest probably wont happen) so im on the fence atm
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    Implementing both could be cool.

Farming ideas:
    * a rural world, kind of like the rural areas of Brindleton Bay. A stream for fishing and a main square in the centre of town. Big land plots.
    * some plots have more fertile soil than others (lot trait) = higher yielding crops and more productive animals. These plots are more expensive.
    * long, thin rectangles of gardening soil (alongside the current squares) to plant crops
    * farmer's market stalls to sell produce (can be used as a business/freelance)
    * chicken coops like TS3
    * cows (a simple, object like model with basic animations, probably) for milk
    * cow dung can be collected and used as fertiliser for your crops, or sold as a product
    * a butter churn like in Makin' Magic, to make butter or cheese
    * to keep it teen rated, animals would be 'farmed' for eggs/milk/cheese the same way we use bees for honey. No killing/meat.
    * animals are farmed in a free range system rather than intensive farming - e.g. your cow lives in a paddock in the yard
    * new cooking skills and meals: ties in to baking, with the use of butter, cheese, eggs and honey for better/new meals
    * maybe a ride on mower looking thing (a small/compact design) or some other way of automating harvesting large crops
    * a pantry for harvested items, like in Makin' Magic
    * either work alone as a freelance type thing, or hire staff to help out and run it as a small business

Of course, some sims won't want to inherit the family farm and would prefer to get a degree and head into a different field (heh):
    * university vacation world, very sims 2 style, with a small retail area, bar and park
    * dormitories
    * career paths that are only open to people who hold a relevant degree
    * fast tracks for other careers if you hold a degree, or skills earned that will boost your abilities in a career path
    * streaking, mascots, sports (soccer goal, basketball hoop, tennis net?)
    * pretty much just the university pack from TS2

Ok, I just sold it to myself. Now I really, really want this pack.
  • Options
    LMcGELMcGE Posts: 226 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    Farming. I think it is something a little different. I also think we are much more likely to get University first, so for me, it's really important to make sure that Maxis know that we still really want the ability to farm. Coming from a rural area, I hope there are a lot of fun activities and perhaps even something like a Young Farmers Club, for our Sims to join, as well as all the animals. I also hope it includes more plants to be grown, significantly more plants, time to grow some crops, then cook and bake with them.
  • Options
    marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    another poll with university :#
    we will get a university pack B)

I want both anyway
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    I don’t understand the farming hype. We’ve already had a gardening overhaul and we didn’t get horses in Cats and Dogs, so I’m not sure that they’d decide to introduce livestock and farming so late. It’s just not of interest to me. I just hope if they bring back university they do it well.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    Farm animals like the dolphins in Island Living would be amazing! Also horses and unicorns!
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I would enjoy seeing both as they are two different types of gameplay. I just don't think we'll get University since that's traditionally where the YA stage came into play, but we currently have that life stage already in game. It would be cool though if you could do college as a young adult or they could create a new life-stage, Co-Ed, for those whose sims do attend University.

Farming would be great if they give us a new world to do it in. We don't even really need a pack, just give us a world with the largest lots, some new objects related to farming and let us take it from there. The animals will likely just be objects if they ever gave us an expansion anyway. I've got a farm lot that looks amazing, just wish the worlds matched the lot.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    Farming game pack and instead of university only "again" I want something new like an active school pack with daycare, grade, high, and uni in an expansion pack.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    ❌Neither ❌
    Cupid wrote: »
    Coming into the thread, I was worried it'd be a difficult decision. But you got me covered with that neither option ;)

Yay, I'm not alone! :)
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree