Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What is so great about University?

I used to have University on pc but I never got around to playing it. I'm seeing a lot of hype about University for console. I'm wondering what is so great about the University pack? Why are you guys so excited about University?

Comments

• Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
  • Options
    LizzychicagoLizzychicago Posts: 873 Member
    I used to have University on pc but I never got around to playing it. I'm seeing a lot of hype about University for console. I'm wondering what is so great about the University pack? Why are you guys so excited about University?

I'm not a big fan of university myself but the objects that have come in previous adaptations have been great, like the Murphy Bed and bunk beds.
    Check my builds and Sims out on the Gallery, username Lizzychicago!
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    I don't know, the University packs before weren't the best. The whole education in this game really needs an overhaul. No proms, no graduations, no field trips, etc....even rabbit holes is still better than nothing but somethings like field trips could be possible, like they go to the museum or something.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2019
    In the Sims 2 I quite enjoyed university...

I want it in the Sims 4 just for the purpose of making young adult and adult seem some what different and like they're actually separate life stages. At the moment for me personally they feel like the same super long life stage. I think university could maybe help with that.
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I don't know if I'd want a University pack. But I think the whole education system needs to be upgraded.
  • Options
    CorkysPetalsCorkysPetals Posts: 1,400 Member
    When I play the game my sims do a lot of activities away from the home lot. Active careers, restaurants, vacation destinations, sports. A university pack would provide many new activities and locations as well as skill building (which I also like). Besides, I liked going to university myself.

Each simmer has their own personal likes and dislikes when it comes to playing a game. You could also ask "Why do so many people want XYZ in the game?". I guess the more options, the more things for sims and simmers to do.
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    edited June 2019
    For me it boils down to having just that much more to do in game and as a poster above me mentioned a way to have my sims all have different experiences. Also, like another poster mentioned, I would like a Uni type pack to focus on education as a whole so I think that would be a great pack to flush out the education system toddler to young adult. My hopes is they implement traditional and alternative education routes and make daycare, preschool, home school and online school an option (and graduating early). Also teachers!!!
    Post edited by Bobisbae on
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I find going from high school one day, to being a doctor the next, a little jarring. I want my Sims to earn the right to have professional college based careers.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    For me it boils down to having just that much more to do in game and as a poster above me mentioned a way to have my sims all have different experiences. Also lime another poster mentioned I would like a Uni type pack to focus on education as a whole so I think thatwould be a great pack to flush out the education system toddler to young adult. My hopes is they implement traditional and alternative education routes and make daycare, preschool, home school and online school an option (and graduating early). Also teachers!!!

What a coincidence, I also love limes! Lol :)
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    Bobisbae wrote: »
    For me it boils down to having just that much more to do in game and as a poster above me mentioned a way to have my sims all have different experiences. Also lime another poster mentioned I would like a Uni type pack to focus on education as a whole so I think thatwould be a great pack to flush out the education system toddler to young adult. My hopes is they implement traditional and alternative education routes and make daycare, preschool, home school and online school an option (and graduating early). Also teachers!!!

What a coincidence, I also love limes! Lol :)

I'm on my phone so I can barely catch my typos😆
  • Options
    doublenoodlesdoublenoodles Posts: 89 Member
    I loved sims 2 University. I played it when I was really young so it made university seem so cool to me 😄 I loved the activities, the mascots, the crazy behaviour such as streaking and the objects such as the keg etc. I liked living in dorms with npc sims and the social atmosphere, it just felt so fun and exciting. I feel it would make the young adult stage feel young instead of grown up, which it feels like now.
  • Options
    QueenSnapdragonQueenSnapdragon Posts: 34 Member
    I've been wondering the same thing. I never had it but everyone seems to remember it so fondly. I'm must more eager for a magic type inclusion than schooling. Though if people loved it so much last time, I trust that it could be good.
  • Options
    trulyoutrageoustrulyoutrageous Posts: 245 Member
    I've been wondering the same thing. I never had it but everyone seems to remember it so fondly. I'm must more eager for a magic type inclusion than schooling. Though if people loved it so much last time, I trust that it could be good.

What about a magic school? That'd be pretty rad.
    supersonic, simobotic, disconnected, not respected, who would ever really wanna go and top that?

tumblr_np8nzkY5xK1rkqz3ho9_r1_250.gif
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I enjoyed it more in TS2, because I didn't like attending class with my sims, but I did enjoy TS3 too. I like playing with the lifestage mostly and loved my sims pledging for a sorority or fraternity. I also enjoyed my sims meeting new friends, going out to parties or on dates, just hanging out in the quad, or just exploring their romantic options. I also really liked my sims living in dorms.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    grevilliabluegrevilliablue Posts: 304 Member
    University has been one of my least favourite expansions, mainly because of the frat/sorority thing. I wouldn't mind it quite so much if they could be turned off. As an Australian I've never understood the point of them.
  • Options
    NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    I really want a complete schooling pack. Boarding schools, military schools, gender-exclusive schools. Sending your young child off into a boarding school where they live for a 'year' (four seasons) then they go home for two seasons would be fantastic. If they flunk school, they can go to a military school where it is gruelling and painful. 6:00 AM alarms, chores, workout courses.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    edited June 2019
    The only feature I’d like to see coming from University are that jobs (old or new) are exclusive to degrees.

University could be a fun expansion depending on how its executed. I wouldn’t want to feel like I have to micromanage everything though.
  • Options
    IrdiwenIrdiwen Posts: 574 Member
    Well...

-The extra depth it gives to your sims when aging from Teen to YA.
    - The extra possibilities for storytelling purposes
    - The new, cheaper items which usually are also very suited for poorer sims
    - The new career options that are always included
    - The ‘extra’ stuff, hopefully piercings, more tats etc.
    - Hopefully an overhaul of the education system
    - OR hopefully a way to really customize our courses this time
    - The new world (if there is one)
    - The keg parties
    - The secret society

That being said, I’m personally very happy if they leave out the fraternities and the social group system that was included in Sims 3, because that was a pain in the behind. I’m hoping for more customization and a full overhaul of all education (I mean, there’s a mod for it so it should be possible, right?).
    Simmer since 2000! Sims 1, Sims, 2, Sims 3, Sims 4. Legacy player at heart.
  • Options
    Bluefairy286Bluefairy286 Posts: 254 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm a family player and I think University is big part of family playand seeing the parents send their children off to university is adorable. I also like seeing young adult sims have new experiences, having parties and a bit of freedom before they go into the world of work.
  • Options
    sennawalessennawales Posts: 192 Member
    I don't like University (mainly the Sims 3 one).

1. Classes were not fun. The majority were rabbit holes, made worse by sims being stuck at the door and missing class. The time we do go to the classroom, it's just sitting there until the class is over. For a pack about realism, the outdoor classes were too much fantasy, with some weird generic science machine or just some people yelling.

2. Non-curricular activities? There's no time for that, homework takes up all the waking hours. The shops available were again just sims sitting down in a different place, there's nothing to do. Parties don't interest me either, especially now where Sims 4 is partied out. Not interested in pranks either.

3. Why is everyone naked all the time?
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I loved ts2 university when it came out. Even though classes were rabbit holes, there was such a variety of majors compared to the ts3 pack which I found got dull really quickly. Plus I loved living in dorms and all the new objects. I was never really happy that you had to completely move to the new university neighbourhood and stay there though. If they added a uni expansion pack I would love it to be more like the get to work careers where you have the option of going to class with them or sending them off to the rabbit hole.
  • Options
    Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member

What about a magic school? That'd be pretty rad.

I think that Harry Potter fanatics would go insane if that ever happened...