Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Rock Band/Music Game Pack or Expansion

XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
edited June 2018 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
Edit-Can a mod move this thread to the idea corner? I didn't seen that forum at first and it would probably fit much better over there. Thank you.

So recently I saw a poll about a farming pack and what people want as it seems to be something many people want; so I figure I can make a suggestion to get a pack I always wanted and hopefully can generate enough interest that it could be taken into consideration as well.

I feel that music is a bit lacking along with some careers, game play, etc...so I thought of a solution.

A music related pack. Could work just as a game pack even.

Sims can form bands again; but this time there is a lot more variety and options depending on the type of band they want. It will also allow singers to be in it as front man of the band or just as a separate singing career (for those who want pop stars, rappers, etc...).

Type of bands can be everywhere from classic rock, punk, goth (including goth rock and dark wave), emo to jazz, blues, country, etc....or if a sim just wants to be a musician without a band, that could be an option as well. We sort of have an entertainment career, this could help expand on it.

They can start out playing in the park or any venue to build up skills and get tips, etc....but the goal would be to play at a concert venue or get an agent to help them out and the more well known, the more money they can make. Maybe they can even pass out fliers to help get more sims interested in supporting them.

Also can bring back the option of juice affecting sims again like in the past and can dance on tables again as that was fun.

For CAS, we can have a lot of different hair and clothing options, including accessories. Like we can see shoes such as winklepickers/pikes, creepers, skater shoes, more boot styles, etc...hair we can have liberty spikes, deathhawks, teased hair, etc....not to mention more makeup like different mascara to even full face makeup.

For objects we can bring back drums, include bass guitars and maybe various other instruments such as saxophones, flutes, etc....sims who have singing skills can even sing lullabies to their children or teach them lullabies (I think that used to be an option in Sims 2).

Please consider this. I know it is hard to please everyone and we all want different things; but I feel some simmers who aren't to certain such as gardening or family sort of get neglected and would be nice to have other things as well so that we can have other packs that we might enjoy.

Others may have other suggestions that they can add or say what they would like to see eventually as well. This is just my idea for a music pack.
Post edited by XxAirixX on

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Here is a bit more ideas. Bring back the celebrity system; but this time it will only affect sims who choose certain careers (music, acting, etc...) as it makes more sense and can work out really well. Sims more well known and liked can earn more money and get a career boost, gifts and letters from fans, discounts, etc....sims who are unpopular or involved in scandals (such as caught cheating, etc...) can lose fans, popularity, etc....
  • eggowaffles22eggowaffles22 Posts: 1 New Member
    I really hope they do this soon. That’s a great idea. This one household I have is a band but there really is no way to enforce that because they are teens. I really want drums and bass mainly.
  • SiliCloneSiliClone Posts: 2,585 Member
    I want this too.. showtime is one of the things I miss the most from sims 3
  • GoodywoodGoodywood Posts: 4,614 Member
    This is what I really want. I wish they make it soon.
    PLEASE FIX TEENS IN TS4! I NEED YOUNGER TEENS NOT YA TEENS! (^_^)Please add Music Bands with lead singers! Please add vehicles and garages! Vehicles have always been part of The Sims.
  • CopendraCopendra Posts: 8 New Member
    I would LOVE that!
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I'm just rolling on the floor in bliss, cos someone else is asking for what I want!

I think a battle of the bands game pack would be awesome.

It would need drum kits, bass guitars, and keyboards (with microphones) that you stand to play

And some instrumental destruction
    CheeryRealLangur-max-1mb.gif
    tumblr_onjxqgmMVI1sxm49so1_400.gif
    giphy.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    Maybe I 100% still got time to wait for my favorite music.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Wish they would do something like this and make it so our Sims are in the band not random townies like they did to us in Dine Out.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
    Movotti wrote: »
    I'm just rolling on the floor in bliss, cos someone else is asking for what I want!

I think a battle of the bands game pack would be awesome.

It would need drum kits, bass guitars, and keyboards (with microphones) that you stand to play

And some instrumental destruction
    CheeryRealLangur-max-1mb.gif
    tumblr_onjxqgmMVI1sxm49so1_400.gif
    giphy.gif

Oh, the battle of the bands would be great. Like we can unlock singing while playing the piano and guitar once we reached a certain level and there are karaoke contests. I think they can implement all that for bands. Just add a drum set and bass guitar, and I think it would be a good start.

It would be nice where sims can ask certain sims to form a band with them.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    I'd love to have bands - especially with Singers as well.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Great Idea! I've some in TS2 - complete with lead singer, guitar & piano/drums (depends on the band). The one I've had the most fun with is 'Suzy and the Stone Martians' in Strangetown. There are so many possibilities to a pack like this, too many to try to list.
    So now they announced a Get Famous pack, you think they can implementing some of this into the game? That would be a great opportunity to have multiple careers, including bands trying to make it to the top and go platinum. So far I just saw a bit about acting; but they might give us more information from now until the release date.

Or at least add a bass guitar and drum set and we can sort of use the club system to sort of form a band.
  • jolinplaysjolinplays Posts: 5 New Member
    Speaking of guitars, it has been 3 days since I have signed up for the Sims 4 newsletter, but I have yet to receive the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar (don't see it in my in-game Inventory anywhere).

What's up with the snail mail, devs? :/
  • JessKatJessKat Posts: 45 Member
    We need this RIGHT NOW.
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d07e6fb664a753741936494&rid=giphy.gif
    My Origin: CatsAndUnicorns

That average simmer.
    Yes, we do. I wished it came with Get Famous as that would of been the perfect time to include bands and the higher the fame, the better the gig.
  • AericiaAericia Posts: 110 Member
    Yes! The music career is poor for now. I dreaming about rock star career, based on Get Famous. They could use this movie stage system for concert, add some audience instead of the movie crew and voila! Play some songs and get money! Made your own band or start solo career. You can play electric guitar, drums, bass or become a singer. The band could practice the music skills together, like the clubs from Get Together. :) I'm hopeless dreamer. :)
    Origin ID: ukyojin
    Unofficial Polish Forum - simtopia.pl
  • icmnfrshicmnfrsh Posts: 18,789 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    Yes, we do. I wished it came with Get Famous as that would of been the perfect time to include bands and the higher the fame, the better the gig.

I saw your signature and I'm down. GF would've been a good time to include this, but they mostly focused on acting, mixing, and internet fame (which I suppose is a modern take). I would've loved bands. Drums, bass guitars, live venues, and recording sessions would be great. :)
    Don't manhandle the urchin. He's not for sale. FIND YOUR OWN! - Xenon the Antiquarian, Dragon Age II

Race Against the Clock: Can your elder sim turn back the clock before their time runs out?
  • tadeoalonso2tadeoalonso2 Posts: 35 Member
    Yes to all of this! I need rock bands, country singers and rappers in my game
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes to all of this! I need rock bands, country singers and rappers in my game

Bands would be awesome, even moreso if you were allowed to pick members (or go solo) and select genre (i.e. rap, country, k-pop, R&B, death metal, operatic goth rock, polka, traditional selvadoradan music, THE POSSIBILITIES ARE ENDLESS!)

EDIT: OOH, and if you could set performance outfit individualyl for each sim, or as a matching group, that would be THE BEST