Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

All of my content went missing from launcher?

GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
My game just crashed(Thankfully I use saver to save).
So I went to relaunch, and was gonna go in and uninstall some CC that got installed with lots
and everything is completely gone, all the lots, all the worlds, store items, sims everything.
Launched my game and the worlds show as installed, but when I load my game I get the missing objects warning.
I have a backup folder I am copying over, but in case that doesn't work....any ideas? Half the CC clothing I have I don't know where I got it from :(
And I haven't touched a single thing in the folders.
I cleared the cache on IE as I was told the launcher uses IE even if I don't.
And no luck.

Edit:
Replacing the folder didn't work.
When I try to install a store item,says its installed.

Comments

• puzzlezaddictpuzzlezaddict Posts: 1,877 Member
    This sounds like a huge mess, sorry. When you're installing into a clean game folder, does the store content actually show up in-game? If not, you probably have a second game folder somewhere that's being used instead of the current one. You can search for deviceconfig to find it; each game folder that's been used will have exactly one, and the last modified date will tell you the last time it was used.

If that's not the issue, spawn another clean folder, then go into DCCache inside your existing game folder and copy dcdb0.dbc, then paste it into DCCache inside your new game folder. Open the launcher to make sure the content shows as installed, then start a new save and see if that content shows up. If it does, put dcdb0.dbc aside, and copy over dcdb1.dbc. You'll need to rename it to dcdb0.dbc for the launcher to read it properly. Then delete your cache files and repeat the process. (Rename it to dcdb1 again when you're done and ready to put it aside.) Do this for each .dbc file until you've found out which ones don't properly load their content, either in the launcher or in-game.

Once you've figured that out, you can try uninstalling any cc you suspect might be bad. It's easiest to do with only the one .dbc file in the launcher at a time. Then test again and make sure the remaining content works. Hopefully that will be enough to clean the problem .dbc files, but it might not be. If you can get one of them to work, you may need to delete it and rebuild its content from scratch.

Once you have all your .dbc files in place in the clean folder, you can copy over your store stuff (don't forget ccmerged inside DCBackup) and Installed Worlds, then your mods, then Library, then whatever else you want to keep, then your saves. Keep testing after each batch, in case something else doesn't work.
  • GraceyManorGraceyManor Posts: 20,080 Member
    edited June 2019
    Yes, doing that way seems to be working.However, it seems whenever I exit the launcher the items disappear again.This is the strangest issue ever lol.
    Problem is some of these clothing items I don't know where I got, it was from many eons ago lol.
    That is definitely strange. Does the copied over .dbc file disappear from DCCache, or just the items themselves from the launcher? Is OneDrive running, by any chance? Maybe your game folder is being uploaded to or synced with cloud storage. You can turn off OneDrive, and then disable it at startup via Settings > Apps > Startup.

As for the disappearing cc itself, do you clear out Downloads inside your game folder? If not, the original Sims3Packs should still be there. Otherwise, I guess your only option is to find a way to make those .dbc files work.
    edited June 2019
    They just disappear from the launcher, everything appears okay in the files.I do clear out my simspacks to keep things running okay.
    Everything was going fine until I got to .dbc 5

Edit: I do have one drive on, I normally turn it off for that very reason.I'll go try that.This all happened after the game crashed.:/ annoying as heck.Its not the furniture I'm concerned about I don't use it, but my clothing and hair LOL
    Well, it looks like everything is back.Thank you.
    I'm still getting the missing objects warning, but don't notice anything missing.(Currently playing in a CC free world and lot so any CC removed shouldn't have effected that.)
    Glad to hear it. And I never trust OneDrive; that's the first thing I look to turn off after a Windows update.
    I hate one drive.Its really annoying.