Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Well that surprised me!!

Island Living is the last pack that I thought I would be interested in, especially the mermaids, but watching all the videos of gameplay, CAS and builds I actually can't wait for this to be released! And I so want to recreate the whole Daryl Hannah/Tom Hanks/Splash thing :smiley:

Comments

• whimreaperwhimreaper Posts: 361 Member
    I was surprised too! I don't really like playing beach houses that much, but the world is way more compelling than I thought it would be! I'm glad you also found a reason to be excited for this pack!
  • Miss_Piggy751Miss_Piggy751 Posts: 84 Member
    I've always wanted to live by the sea so that aspect really excited me too, that it would residential not vacation. And the houses on stilts in the ocean I absolutely love!
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    This and the Realm of Magic are the packs I have been waiting for.
  • IcewolfIcewolf Posts: 709 Member
    It surprised me too. When I first read about the expansion leak I was pretty meh about it. But after seeing videos and images I became real interested!
  • SimskristaSimskrista Posts: 175 Member
    The only thing I’m a little salty about is there aren’t matching island counters to match the new counters in island living. (Gathered from deligracys build video) other than that, I am SOOOOOOOO ready for June 21!
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    This and the Realm of Magic are the packs I have been waiting for.
    me too. so excited that we're finally getting them both. <3
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    It wasn't actually on my list of wants, but I'm super excited for this pack too!
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited June 2019
    Simskrista wrote: »
    The only thing I’m a little salty about is there aren’t matching island counters to match the new counters in island living. (Gathered from deligracys build video) other than that, I am SOOOOOOOO ready for June 21!

I read somewhere that matching island counters will be included. I can't remember where I read it, so don't quote me on that. B)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    IceyJ wrote: »
    Simskrista wrote: »

I read somewhere that matching island counters will be included. I can't remember where I read it, so don't quote me on that. B)

They've also been saying this in videos. Apparently, it was an issue with them not being recognized (something like that) but they are supposed to be fixing it before the game actually launches.

I too was surprised to be excited by this pack. Island Paradise didn't exactly thrill me. I guess it's more because I play exclusively with Occults that don't have families in TS3 (besides the odd homeless saves that I may do to be different). TS4 has gotten me into family play and I want to take the kids to the beach!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    I'm excited for the new pack. It looks like mermaids have some super cool abilities....that are new to the series. I have to admit that I'm a bit bummed about not being able to swim in other areas that have oceans (i.e Brindleton, Windernburg, Granite Falls). I was thinking how cool it would be to take my Sims to Granite Falls on vacation in the summer and be able to do some of water activities over there.

It seems that this EP is pretty much specific to Sulani, but other than that, I'm looking forward to the new pack. The world looks amazing.
  • Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    The missing island counters weren't tagged properly and the devs told everyone at EA Play they will have that fixed before Island Living is released. It has been mentioned by many of the Game Changers during their streams. I guess the Game Changers were not happy about it and spoke up right away. :)
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    Ha, same. I was so unenthused when I heard Island Living was the next pack, but each new picture and trailer I saw just made it look better and better. Plus, the hair options are gorgeous and very much needed, and it's hard not to be excited about mermaids.
  • ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    IAnd I so want to recreate the whole Daryl Hannah/Tom Hanks/Splash thing :smiley:

Don't forget to take the mermaid out for some lobster. :lol:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif
  • lvndrlvndr Posts: 40 Member
    I've actually been waiting for a pack like Island living for a long time! I can finally simulate a Polynesian lifestyle for my Sims, most of which will probably be island natives :blush:
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    IAnd I so want to recreate the whole Daryl Hannah/Tom Hanks/Splash thing :smiley:

Don't forget to take the mermaid out for some lobster. :lol:

giphy.gif
    😂 Do you plan to have cooked Mermaid or something?
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • SindocatSindocat Posts: 5,622 Member
    Tiki culture and midcentury modern go hand in hand, so I am all in. :)