Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I wish the game could be updated so when starting a new game you can bypass making a new sim in CAS

Why isn't this a thing? Sometimes I want to start a new game playing with the premades but I'm forced to go into CAS and make a sim or pick a sim to load into the neighborhood.

This at one time was in discussion of coming in an update but it never happened. I remember one of the gurus said they were working on getting it in.

Comments

• Options
    RJEB1RJEB1 Posts: 30 Member
    Are you on PC or console?? The last time I made a new save on Xbox i don't remember having to go through CAS again since I already made a sim and saved it in gallery so if i recall correctly it brought me right into the world to choose either i wanted to place my gallery sim or play a random household.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    RJEB1 wrote: »
    Are you on PC or console?? The last time I made a new save on Xbox i don't remember having to go through CAS again since I already made a sim and saved it in gallery so if i recall correctly it brought me right into the world to choose either i wanted to place my gallery sim or play a random household.

I play both PC and PS4 and haven't seen this on either. PC needs to get this update before Consoles can. I can't explain how your seeing this.
  • Options
    RJEB1RJEB1 Posts: 30 Member
    [quote="catloverplayer;c-17112100"][quote="RJEB1;c-17112096"]Are you on PC or console?? The last time I made a new save on Xbox i don't remember having to go through CAS again since I already made a sim and saved it in gallery so if i recall correctly it brought me right into the world to choose either i wanted to place my gallery sim or play a random household. [/quote]

I play both PC and PS4 and haven't seen this on either. PC needs to get this update before Consoles can. I can't explain how your seeing this.[/quote]

I have no idea maybe Xbox being the more powerful option over Ps4 might have this option before ps4 or something. I know everyone's version is different. I have heard of tons and tons and tons of glitches and bugs that i never ONCE encountered on the xbox and the PC version has tons and tons and tons of things that xbox and ps4 are supposedly not getting for another couple of years.
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    This annoys me so much. When I do test saves, I would love to have the option to just go in and pick a premade family and go at it!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    g01denswang01denswan Posts: 1,028 Member
    I agree.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    Why isn't this a thing? Sometimes I want to start a new game playing with the premades but I'm forced to go into CAS and make a sim or pick a sim to load into the neighborhood.

This at one time was in discussion of coming in an update but it never happened. I remember one of the gurus said they were working on getting it in.

I know right. I have been asking for this since forever.

And remember when they put this into the patch notes but then it was a lie? It really made us think like we could bypass CAS and go straight into pick an already existing household but nope.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    It'd be a good addition imo, I work around it by pulling from the gallery but sometimes I just want a new world to start building without needing a sim
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I have several Sims already in my Library. If I'm starting a brand new game (which isn't often because I have a template set up with all my favorite houses and venues), I go to my Library, grab a Sim and stick them in a cheap house, then I can choose a different household to start playing. Then if I want, I can go into Manage Households and delete that starting Sim.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    I have several Sims already in my Library. If I'm starting a brand new game (which isn't often because I have a template set up with all my favorite houses and venues), I go to my Library, grab a Sim and stick them in a cheap house, then I can choose a different household to start playing. Then if I want, I can go into Manage Households and delete that starting Sim.

i mean we shouldnt have to go through 3 loading screens and 2 managing menus (gallery and household management) for a "clean" savefile with the premade families only though, like thats the point.
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    moltazia wrote: »

i mean we shouldnt have to go through 3 loading screens and 2 managing menus (gallery and household management) for a "clean" savefile with the premade families only though, like thats the point.

Just do it once and then you can use that save whenever you want to start a new game...
    It's really a non-issue for me but I agree it'd make more sense for it to start you off at the map screen rather than CAS.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    Cupid wrote: »
    moltazia wrote: »

Just do it once and then you can use that save whenever you want to start a new game...
    It's really a non-issue for me but I agree it'd make more sense for it to start you off at the map screen rather than CAS.

true.
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    Oh yes! Especially if you start a new save and wanna play with the premades. You shouldn‘t be forced into creating a Sim, which you just delete afterwards.

If I remember correctly starting a new save without CAS was planned for the Cats & Dogs patch, since in the pre-release version the Game Changers played you weren‘t forced into CAS.
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member

I do that too but as I have families I like playing again and again it doesn't worry me too much. After over 4 years I've got about 40 families to choose from for new save games.