Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic! Speculation!

Comments

• Options
    Cynel1Cynel1 Posts: 1,389 Member
    Still expect some cross pack content like a Familiar bond for playable witches who own cats as pets.
  • Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Cynel1 wrote: »
    Still expect some cross pack content like a Familiar bond for playable witches who own cats as pets.

Cross pack content is literally my favorite. The Island Living and Seasons cross over has me sobbing.

I hope witches have closer relationships with cats, and maybe cats can have some sorta powers. TRANSFIGURATION ASWELL 💗😭
  • Options
    adrieleeadrielee Posts: 10 New Member
    I would love to see a new world, maybe with two different parts...one a livable, spooky town and another part a bustling town square where you can go to little stalls, and stores with people selling their own potions and ingredients, wands, spellbooks etc. Also in the town square there could be a main area where people have duels, maybe play a sport similar to quidditch....... It would be cool if in order to make a potion, you would need to gather your ingredients. Level of difficulty and rarity of the ingredients would be based upon what type of spell you are trying to cast. Also maybe certain spells need to be cast with other witches for more power, or during a certain time of day, or time of year.

It would also be super cool to have dragons. I think that might be unrealistic- but i would love a pet dragon. Also i hope that you can make your pet a familiar if you are a witch or warlock.

In terms of getting to this magical world- a Sabrina The Teenage Witch feel would be cool- where your sim could chose what type of portal they want to have.... closet, basement, etc.

I also really like the feel of Makin Magic... the whole magician thing was really cool so maybe you could perform shows for people and gain fame from how good of a magician you are....

FINALLY.... a little bit of harry potter world could be cool too... and i honestly think they will include some sort of system for children similar to harry potter where they would go to a magical school of some sort- and that would link in really nicely with University, which i think will be the next pack after magic. I wouldn't mind if the town was kinda similar to harry potter- where you have to go to a store and find which wand is right for you, and there could be a store for familiars too.
  • Options
    Lexx223Lexx223 Posts: 27 Member
    Although I don't think it's likely it'll happen, I'd like to see faeries alongside witches. The kind of vague title, "Realm of Magic" gives me a glimmer of hope, but I certainly won't be surprised if it's just witches, especially knowing the current patterns of ts4 content. That being said, I'm glad that all the occult players are finally getting new content!
  • Options
    rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    Personally I think the pack will introduce witches but be inclusive of all the arch types like sorcerers, wizards, deadlocks etc
    I think it will be reminiscent of the vampire game pack in terms of depth of gameplay and is likely to introduce a superpowers system. Ok don't think they will introduce other occult like werewolves, but fairies could be likely as they have some overlapping similarities.
    I'm excited to see some teasers in the coming months
  • Options
    MysanMysan Posts: 111 Member
    I miss Makin Magic from Sims 1. The world, the music, the carnival areas with the mini-rollercoasters and all that. I want as much of that back.
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Sigh, I've been waiting for this moment, for 5 years... and now... I'm apprehensive...
    I honestly don't know what to think... I really want this to be epic, and I know this game has the potential.
    However, know what I need, but I'm afraid my ideas and their ideas, the ideas I need they didn't take it into consideration.
    I want to be excited, and I also just don't want to be disappointed. :D

I want a English-French High Middle Ages Renaissance to French Revolution Themes.

I have my builds ready, Romantic Garden, Get Together, Vampires, and Vintage Glamour came through to help me build my castles and other builds. it's just the Magical Objects, collectable, and antiques that need to finish the furnishings.

I would love a big cauldron over a fire pit. make potions, curses, or simply cook, meals in it too.

I want all mirrors to be able to be enchantable, to craft a "Magic Mirror." so even in a modern home setting my sim can have a modern magic mirror. Please allow us to trap sims in the "world behind the mirror, after you imbue the mirror with enough of your own power, you can trap a victim of your choice in the mirror to get a custom "Slave in the magic mirror."

Certain Spells and Curses and Potions I want.
    Wrote a whole book of spells back in 2014 when I wanted Sorcerers so bad.

Book of Spells

Chapter I • Introduction to Arcane Mysteries and Liturgy
    Magic - A Force of Nature that allows Change and Conformity enacted by a Will.
    In this book you will find a wide range of Spells, Recipes, Enchantments to help you get started.

Chapter II • Two Sides of the Same Coin
    Light Magic:
    - Lux flare - Conjure a ball of Light and heave/Launch it at target
    - Smite - Launch surges of electricity from the palms of your hands.
    - Protective Rays - Build a protective barrier of Light to protect yourself.
    - Diamond - send out a flash of light stunning everyone in view.
    - Nova - creating a core of energy, Release bursts of radiation pushing back the darkness.

Dark magic:
    - Dark Aura Blast - conjure a ball of darkness and blasts that dark energy at desired target.
    - Petrify - Immobilize victim with only enough room to breath, blink, and listen.
    - Cloak of Shadows - Shroud self the Darkness and to protect yourself.
    - Oblivion - Send a wave of darkness knocking out opponent.
    - Ominous Dark Clouds - Conjure a heavy thunderhead cloud to ravage the area plunging everything into Darkness, snuffing out the light.

Chapter III • Alchemy: Potions & Curses
    To craft potions, and Curses you'll need a Stove, or a cauldron if you’re old fashioned.
    *Again you can also get creative, and apply these Potions and Curses to Meals, Drinks, Fruits, Vegetables, you can also throw these’s at other sims, or consume it directly, so it doesn't necessarily have to be a Poisoned Apple that takes Snow White Down. It could be a Pumpkin Spice Latte that does it this time. Also we need Potions & Curses that do more than just change appearances, and fix needs, but also afflict emotions, and really do have an impact on Sims lives, and aspirations. I also tried to come up with ingredients that made sense and a little less flexible than the Sims 3: Supernatural was with Alchemy.

Potions:
    Potion of Health {Appears Red}
    - Effects: Restores Heals sims of Burns, Frost, Shock, Illnesses, prolongs life by a few years.
    - Ingredients: x3 Apples , x1 Lemon, x3 Sage
    Potion of Magic {Appears Blue}
    - Effects: Restores 50% Energy. Overrides a Focused Mood for 3 Hours allows humans and other non-sorcerers spell casting for 1 hour.
    - Ingredients: x3 Grapes, x1 Rose, x1 Finely Crushed Diamond Powder
    Potion of Lost Memories {Appears Green}
    - Effect: Return Memories taken by other means. (Curses, Aliens, Vampires, Werewolves etc)
    - Side effects: Vary between a Minor-Severe Headache for a 24 hours
    - Ingredients: x1 Blueberry, x2 Orchids, x1
    Potion of Fertility {Appears Pink}
    - Effects: Will be pregnant with Children by morning, Flirty Boost for 12 Hours
    - Side effects: Post Soreness
    - Ingredients: x1 Strawberry, x1 Carrot
    Potion of Strength {appears orange}
    - Effects - energizes sim giving them a temporary fitness boost to win fights. Lasts 5 hours
    - Side effects: temporary weakness once it wears off.
    - Ingredients: Sweat of Athlete (Sim of lvl 7 Fitness), Spinach, and
    Elixir of Prophecy
    - Effects: Grants drinker absolute power. for 24 hours. without exhausting themselves.
    - Side effects:
    - Ingredients:
    Elixir of Enlightenment {Appears Purple}
    - Effects: Immediately Boosts All Skill Levels, and Inspiration. For 48 hours.
    - Side effects: Severe Post-Headache
    - Ingredients: sage,
    Elixir of Invincibility {Appears Gold}
    - Effects: Nothing can harm you, no vampire, no werewolf, no spell, no illness, Mother Nature herself is powerless against you. Lasts 72 Hours.
    - Side effects:
    - Ingredients: x1 Apple,

Curses:
    Vial of Infertility
    - Effects: Ruins the chances of conceiving a child.
    - Side effects: Belly Pain
    - Ingredients: 3 Orchids, A Pear, Tears of a Toddler
    Vial of Ravage Starvation
    - Effects: Drains Hunger, and Energy, Rapid Weight Loss, Weakness and finally Death.
    - Ingredients: x1 Mint, Lettuce, Sweat of Athlete
    Curse of Pride - Inflates a persons ego ten fold. putting selfish desires, urges and welfare above everything and everyone else.
    - Effects:
    - Ingredients:
    Curse of Gluttony - Inflicts an insatiable hunger upon victim for Three Days.
    - Side effects: Rapid Weight Gain; Slowness; post-stomachache
    - Ingredients: x7 Grapes, x3 Hamburgers, x1 Roast Chicken, x1 Whole Cheesecake
    Curse of Lust
    - Locks sim in a “Very Flirty" mood for Three days without fail.
    - Side effects: Could end up, Single, Divorced, or a new relationship, Married, with kids… and post soreness…
    - Ingredients: x1 Cherry, x3 Roses, x7 Strawberries, x1 Banana
    Isolation Curse
    - Effects: Traps Sim within an object. {Requires Entrapping Enchantment… See Enchantments}
    - Side effects: Eternal Sadness & Boredom
    - Ingredients: An empty vessel, {Requires Entrapping Enchantment… See Enchantments}
    Sleeping Curse {Dark Blue}
    - Effects: Puts sim in a deep sleep. {On their back as if “dead” NOT with their rear end up in the air}
    (Even if you travel/switch households, victim will remain asleep).
    - Side effects: If broken, Nightmares & Insomnia.
    - Ingredients: x1 Jar of Honey, x3 Amanita Muscaria, x1 Daisy
    Flask of Avarice
    - Effects: Inflicts victim with obsessive, possessive behavior, and will Steal, Lie, Cheat, whatever it takes to get what they want.
    - Side effects:
    - Ingredients: x1 Gold Ingot, x2
    Flask of Envy {Appears Dark Green}
    - Effects: Like the Avarice Curse, the difference is, they will do anything it takes to get what doesn’t belong to them.
    - Side effects:
    - Ingredients:
    Flask of Wrath {Dark Red Color}
    - Effects: Inflicts the victim to unleash an irrational, uncontrollable, fury.
    - Side effects: Wicked (Respectable) Savagery with no apology.
    - Ingredients:

Chapter IV - Elemental Spells
    (I’d think Avatar the Last Airbender for this section)
    Fire Spells:
    Fire Ball - Conjure a ball of fire in hand, can be thrown burst with fission once it hits it’s target.
    Ignite - Light candles, fireplace, fire pits, Sims, objects almost anything flammable
    Fire Ring - Turn up the heat, creating a Ring of fire around the Caster
    Fire Breath - Studied by Ancient Dragons, breath fire with the ferocity of a dragon.

Water Spells:
    Splash - Spin a vortex of water barraging them
    Ice Wall - building a Wall of solid Ice
    Deep Freeze - with a wave of your hand Turn a sim into an Ice Sculpture.

Earthen Spells:
    Quake - With a heavy stomp on the ground create sizable earthquakes, send sim's trembling.
    Mudslide - Create large pits of mud.
    Petrify - Turn victim to a perfect statue made of Stone
    Meteor - Call upon the heavens to rain down rocks of fury.

Air Spells:
    Levitation - Control the air currents to float in the air. (Click ground to display "Go Here/glide here/Descend")
Dust Storm - create a cloud of sand
    Wind Storm - Send a rush of air blowing back opponent.
    Tornado - Spin a Vortex launching anyone and anything that gets caught in it’s wake

Chapter V • Teleportation
    - Cloud of Smoke - (Color Customizable) Make a grand entrance or Disappear in style by poofing in or out of any room.
    {Dark Red} {Emerald Green} {Navy Blue} {Golden-Yellow} {Charcoal}
    - Materialize - Dissolve into the Sand and Wind, and reform anywhere else.
    - Vanish - Simply fade out of sight.

Chapter VI • Summoning and Conjuring
    Summon people, pets, objects those known to them.
    Ghosts and other worldly beings to your side.
    Grim Reaper - to Bargain with perhaps.

Chapter VII • Transformations
    {Via Hand/Wand Magic/Cauldron}
    Glamour Spell - Possess the power to temporarily/Perminantly change your own or someone else's, looks {Outfits/Body/facial reconstruction… Till Midnight?
    Animal Morphing - Turn self or others into a (controllable) Cat, Dog, Mouse, Goat, Pig, Cow, Frog, Fish.
    Occult Swap - Vampires, can turn Humans into Vampires, Werewolves can turn Humans into Werewolves, Sorcerers can turn Humans into anything!
    (Respective Packs required for those Occult and Animal transformations)

Chapter VIII • Enchantments
    Animation - Give Statues, living qualities, Like gnomes, Knights, BroomStick
    Efficiency - reduces Cooking, Crafting, Writing, Gardening time to get those types of jobs done.
    Levitation - Grant objects the ability to hover, fly.
    Golden Touch - Sounds like a good idea
    Protection - A spell to build a barrier, no one can break through. perfect for keeping people, and objects safe.
    Entrapping - Making an object an excellent prison for someone.
    Loyal Servant - Live to serve, serve to live, till the very end.
    Unbreaking - to appliances & fixtures to never break, enchantment can be placed on spells so they may never break. for example a sleeping curse.

Chapter IX • {Working on this Chapter}
    Thinking between Mythical Artifacts and another form of magic that isn’t really my taste.

Chapter X • Forbidden Magic
    In game I was hoping for kind of like we go out into the worlds and find collectables, Ingredients we go out and find the “Hidden Pages" that we can add to the spell book unlocking the last Chapter, “Forbidden Magic." These Pages were written by the most powerful Sorcerers of Medieval Times, but then they hid them, because this magic was too dangerous. Do you dare put the pieces back together?

Extraction of Hearts - Carefully, Phase your hand into the chest cavity of victim, grabbing hold of the Heart, Finally pluck the heart, like an apple.
    Once the Heart is removed, the Victim's personality will start to shift. Slowly not being able to feel, only knowing what they are, Heartless.
    Congratulations! you now have a puppet to control, as long as you possess their heart. Careful not to squeeze the Heart too hard! Or go ahead see what happens to your puppet.
    (makes voodoo look like child's play)

Resurrection - I have a few ideas on this. Where you have to steal the Grim Reaper's Scythe and use it to create a rift between life and death. the other option was, building a pentagram, and performing a ritual.

Time Travel - (not sure how this one would work)

Ultimately this is what I was hoping for, and I really hope they nailed most of it.

yass
    moss

• Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member

*enjoys popcorn*

Not speculating on who is right and who is wrong. Nor am I laughing at you.
    Simply enjoying your comments. I love this community.

The ninja is always lurking and not telling any sort of 'secrets'. :kissing:
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    (secret I won't tell: I was playing the pack today and gosh do I love some of these visuals <3<3<3 )

Lowkey making me more anxious then I already am, but I see you. Feel free to drop some hints, I won’t mind. ✌️😂😭
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    (secret I won't tell: I was playing the pack today and gosh do I love some of these visuals <3<3<3 )

sounds fun cant wait
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    It would be nice if there was a specific holiday for magic. We could be visited by Merlin or another famous wizard/witch (more or less like father winter in seasons), and depending on whether we followed the traditions and activities or not, we'd either earn a blessing or a curse from him/her.

Oh, and please, use a few RPG elements in this pack! There doesn't have to be a long questline such as Strangerville's. Just a few quests/missions would be enough.

Lastly, I know dragons we can interact with are probably out of the table, but it would be nice to have animations of them flying around in the distance, like the lake monster in Windenburg. That would already give the world a nice touch.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    edited June 2019

Aw man, I know you won’t tell, but do you think I will be well pleased with this pack?

Edit: Nevermind I just got my, Answer, and if I interpreted it correctly, yes I will be!
    1lkC.gif
    It would be nice if there was a specific holiday for magic. We could be visited by Merlin or another famous wizard/witch (more or less like father winter in seasons), and depending on whether we followed the traditions and activities or not, we'd either earn a blessing or a curse from him/her.

Oh, and please, use a few RPG elements in this pack! There doesn't have to be a long questline such as Strangerville's. Just a few quests/missions would be enough.

Lastly, I know dragons we can interact with are probably out of the table, but it would be nice to have animations of them flying around in the distance, like the lake monster in Windenburg. That would already give the world a nice touch.

If we do get more RPG elements like strangerville, they need to make it so that we can create our own quests and stage our own boss fights
    I have so many boss fights and quests I want to stage.

Sorcerers, Daemon, Werewolves, Supernatural hunters Knights and A Queen boss fight in mind.
    Post edited by MasonGamer on
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    Dragon pets, anyone?
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • Options
    Wynnox wrote: »
    Dragon pets, anyone?

I’m down, for this or some mythical creature. Or just some Harry Potter pets.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    It's gonna be good. I can feel it. I'm so feelin' it. Let's do this!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Realms need knights. Knights need mounts. Magic mounts are dragons or unicorns. One can dream.
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Realms need knights. Knights need mounts. Magic mounts are dragons or unicorns. One can dream.

Or a black Pegasus! I'd love a great, black Pegasus. <3
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    citysimmercitysimmer Posts: 5,950 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »

Or a black Pegasus! I'd love a great, black Pegasus. <3

Percy Jackson, anyone?
    Proud black simmer 🖤
    MfVGMbL.jpg

• Options
    AirakaleAirakale Posts: 97 Member
    I’d like to have the philosopher’s stone or the Midas touch, the 🐸🐸🐸🐸 wagon and crystal ball, the Narnia inspired magic wardrobe back.

Witchcraft is something that would 100% percent happen so I’d not address it here but I do wanna fairies, genies and zombies back. Always nice to have some Sims classics back.

Final and the most important, I wanna the pet dragons back! I feel like the timing would be perfect cuz this year we got the Game of Thrones final episode and How to Train Your Dragon 3, both of which have dragons highly evolved in.
  • Options
    amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’d love a new world for witches like Forgotten Hollow for the vampire pack. I’m hoping they’ll add new lot traits to make witchcraft easier on certain lots and power trees like they used for the vampire and fame content. I’m not a big fantasy player, so I’m not sure I’d make much use of anything beyond witches though or possibly werewolves in a future pack. They’ve always been my favourite life states.
  • Options
    tuxedo94tuxedo94 Posts: 11 New Member
    Werewolves, witches, fairies, genies... I miss these occults, and pretty please proper plantsims !
  • Options
    IyasenuIyasenu Posts: 325 Member
    I wonder if they'll bring back the "Smustle" dance.

Ya'know, it was in the Sims 2 and then they brought in back in Sims 3 with the Supernatural pack.
    Since Magic is pretty supernatural, it would seem to be a good time to bring back this goofy dance, like some kind of parallel to the way the Sims 3 brought it back!
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    id like to see Genie return