Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are your creative outlets (if any) when not playing The Sims?

KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
Hi, I’m curious about the creative outlets of our community. The Sims franchise has given us a fantastic creative outlet for many years. But I have a 4yo who loves LEGO and I can get on the floor with her and build for hours. That made me realize that in my free time I’m always choosing to do creative things. If I play a video game, it’s Sims or another creative game like Minecraft (but mostly Sims).

If I’m not playing a video game I’m building LEGO or cooking (I don’t use recipes or measurements, I just experiment as I go).

I’m curious how many love Sims and LEGO like I do or what other creative outlets you enjoy? (Quilting, crafting things, other games, etc)

And an additional note here, there are many of you I encounter multiple times on these forums. Some I feel really in tune with, like we agree on almost everything. Some members I disagree with at times but they have really great points to their opinions. I guess what I’m trying to say is I have come to a feeling of familiarity with some members and I believe others feel that too. This could be something to get to know each other a little more.

(I edited this post with a new title that makes more sense)

What are your creative outlets (if any) when not playing The Sims? 70 votes

Sims is mostly my only creative outlet
14%
Isb917SxcDannii202LissyK9xMarianxmebagl15Rae357munroelePreCiiousGeralt_ofRivianetney52 10 votes
I enjoy Sims and... (insert your creative outlets in a comment)
85%
KristinaGalacticGalSimmervillePlayerSinger2010Strangerthansimgirl1010DJQ1308luthienrisingzagboorulesjaymancrazKirbySkywalkerLizzychicagowrenstalesChelleJoduhboy2u2NoTalentphantasmkissMoonfoxNightcryfullspiralSindocat 60 votes

Comments

• KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    As stated, I love The Sims, LEGO, and cooking. I also like fixing things, like cars or toasters...

I believe I would draw as a creative outlet if I had any talent at it, but I’m terrible at it! (Trust me, I’m bad, I tried for years and years!)
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I also love drawing, painting, writing, sewing, cooking and pottery.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    I enjoy writing and dancing and taking pictures
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I spend my time baking and listening to music.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • NoTalentNoTalent Posts: 384 Member
    Writing and creating music are my outlets for creativity.
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    I am trying to write a fantasy series.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I write books. I've written eight, six full novels and two short story collections, and I'm currently working on at least two more novels. I do all the concept art and covers myself too. A friend sometimes contributes soundtracks.

I like to make my book characters in the game.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I love music, writing, cooking, very many other video games, and I work as a content writer so there's that 😄 and whenever there are kids around, they end up pounding me to play with them because I kind of enjoy LEGO and making sandcastles too xD
  • WolfiumWolfium Posts: 2,672 Member
    Reading.
  • KristinaKristina Posts: 582 Member
    Writing. I had my first piece published in 2006 and have written 15+ novels over the years.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Sims is my main creative outlet, but it helps enhance other things I enjoy such as photo editing and writing. I love to sing, dance, play the alto, tenor, baritone saxophones and amateur photography too. I also love to bake and create home cooked meals for my family without using a recipe. It's fun to experiment and satisfying when my family enjoys and appreciates my efforts. :)

My Son also had a passion for Legos when he was a child! <3
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    I play piano and draw.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/
  • StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I do some writing now and again. I'm not good at it, but it's somehow entertaining. Eventually I run out of ideas and abandon it, and start over with something else. Pretty much like when I play sims. xD
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    I cross stitch, sing, and write. As a parent though, I do not have much time for a creative outlet. Watching my three kids as they grow up takes on most of my time. Gaming is just a stress reliever outlet.
  • WildIrishBansheeWildIrishBanshee Posts: 2,104 Member
    I do a lot of different things. I'm a writer and photographer in real life, plus I enjoy baking, knitting, crochet, reading and tons of other things. Sims is more my escape then my creative outlet lol.
  • KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,881 Member
    I do a lot of knitting, crochet and a bit of sewing these days. I've also painted and done other various crafts. Also used to do a lot of computer graphic stuff, including CC for sims (getting back into that lately).
  • WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    I draw and on a rare occasions I try some creative writing, but I dont tend to get as far as I'd like to with the latter.
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    Writing and crochet for me!
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Aside from sims, interior design and renos. I've also dabbled in painting with acrylics and using natural things like beach stones and driftwood to make things.
  • BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I enjoy sims/gaming in general and writing and reading. I actually fancy myself am aspiring writer and that hobby often leaks into the sims. I always, ALWAYS, try to play out my stories in the sims and that helps keep the game fun and interesting for me.
  • RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    Oh I have plenty of creative outlets. Gaming, roleplaying (Such as Pen & Paper/Tabletop, not the Woohoo kind ;p), sewing, drawing, writing, crochet, DIY furniture and decorations. All manner of things really.
    It's probably why plenty of my sims end up doing creative things...
  • MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    Photography, decorating my real home and singing.
  • fiercephoenix91fiercephoenix91 Posts: 175 Member
    I have a few creative outlets. When I am not playing Sims 4, I play World of Warcraft a little. Otherwise, it's usually Sims 4 or drawing various things.
  • ShinzenShinzen Posts: 250 Member
    I draw!

Even when I'm not playing the Sims, chances are I'm drawing my Sims in Photoshop or Paint Tool SAI, lol.
    200px-MW-misc-House_Telvanni.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Photography is my other creative outlet.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.