Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there something like Curse or Vortex/NMM for Sims?

I play Minecraft and Skyrim as well as sims. Minecraft and Skyrim have programs to manage all your mods. These programs store and install your mods, they also tell you when a mod has been updated. Does TS4 have anything like this?

Comments

• Options
    So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2019
    You can find a mod manager on MTS, but I’m not sure how useful it is. TS4 doesn’t really require the load order and conflict management that Vortex/NMM provide. Some of the features would be nice, sure, but organizing and installing TS4 mods is simple enough within their own folder. There isn’t any need to worry about game files being overwritten or your install becoming compromised - which was the reason NMM and Vortex were created in the first place.
  • Options
    KirbySkywalkerKirbySkywalker Posts: 511 Member
    (After I wrote all this, I realize this is really drawn out, my apologies. If you chose to not to delve into this wall of text, I understand. Lol)

@So_Money and any others,

A follow up question would be, without such a program, how do you maintain your mods?

More specifically, say you have a mod that has multiple settings you need to set in game (like mccc’s population settings) or a mod that adds cc objects you need to earn through gameplay or purchase in game. But every time after a patch or expansion is added, those mods break and you lose your items from your inventory and lose your saved settings (unless you update the mods before installing the game’s patches).

Now say you have 5 or so mods that function like that, and you have 20+ sims who use modded items, that could lead to hours of in game work to get the items back and to reset all of your settings. (I have had this happen a few times and I’d like to not do it again).

There are other mods/cc I’d really like to try too but I’m worried they will break with a patch. I have seen some that make improved retail shelving that hold more items and allow you to place items closer together. What happens if they break after a patch? Do I lose all those retail items?

The best solution I can personally think of is to turn off automatic updates and keep a notebook or a notepad file in my mods folder that lists the mods and their website. And then check every single mod every day until they are updated. Then once they are all updated I can safely install the latest patch and all the mods...

Or is there an easier or more convenient way?