Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope?

Comments

• drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    No it’s to late
    No. and I can't even fake having hope anymore. :'(
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited July 2019
    No it’s to late
    *bloop*
    Post edited by EnjoyfulSimmer on
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Noree_DoreeNoree_Doree Posts: 1,470 Member
    No it’s to late
    Its been almost 5 years, If they haven't fixed it now they never will. They will leave this game as broken as TS3. Eaxis Prove me wrong... I DARE YOU
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • ApparentlyAwesomeApparentlyAwesome Posts: 1,523 Member
    No it’s to late
    I hope they prove me wrong, but no. I don't think any of the core issues will be fixed at this point.

I think the perfect time to fix it, and in the process restore a little hope and faith in some of us in the community, would be before leaving 32 bit users behind. Hopefully that's the reason they postponed the Legacy Edition but it was likely to make more money off of IL. It's sad but I believe that more than I trust that they'll fix their game.
    KqGXVAC.jpg
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    No it’s to late
    Its been almost 5 years, If they haven't fixed it now they never will. They will leave this game as broken as TS3. Eaxis Prove me wrong... I DARE YOU

How is the sims 3 broken? I was gonna go back and play it because I dont think they will release the packs I want with Sims 4 @Noree_Doree

edit: nevermind after having a look at the sims 3 screenshot thread, I just cannot commit to playing that game the graphics are bad and i dislike the sims.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    No it’s to late

How is the sims 3 broken? I was gonna go back and play it because I dont think they will release the packs I want with Sims 4 @Noree_Doree

edit: nevermind after having a look at the sims 3 screenshot thread, I just cannot commit to playing that game the graphics are bad and i dislike the sims.

I mean broken as in the bugs and routing issues they left behind as well as other issues like memory bloat, etc. As far as the look that's based on each players perspective and likeness. I personally love the look as I still play. However, I use Nraas mods to fix the routing issues and use that version of Sp because EAs is terrible IMO. If EA truly cared about the sims 3 players and the game they would have fixed the issues, updated it to 64-bit, and not try to throw it under the bus to flaunt the new game that should have been a spin-off. Funny how karma works though. Look how their beloved sims 4 is turning out. 🤷
    "Bada su the gorn bada su the brawn bada bady oda aba donk donk donk gerbits gerbits vo gerbits".
  • MaglxisbackMaglxisback Posts: 250 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    :s uggghh
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    There are so many issues that I can't even pinpoint the ones that bother me the most but if I had to try I'd say the sims are so bland and their parenting + personalities need work. Restaurant and vet owners need to be able to give their staff breaks as well. It's so far in though and they know there's enough people addicted to the game that I think they're just going to give us a few more decently done packs to satisfy the demand while they put more effort into the Sims 5
  • simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 612 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I still have a little hope but I'm no longer putting up with the game in the meantime.

You might want to look into lighting mods. I'm thrilled with a no-bloom mod and the Sims can look fine most of the time, depending.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited June 2019
    No it’s to late

Can’t do anything about personal taste, for me opening that topic is enough to shout I WANNA PLAY! (can’t at the moment, I’m not home), but as for the game being broken thing: some things are (sending parents on vacation, the underwater caves still are a pain for me, werewolves need a NRaas mod to be fully customizable), but other than that it’s perfectly playable.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,641 Member
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    I can't say it's too late, considering we're getting at least a few more years worth of updates. I'd only say it was too late if the game were ending soon, but it's not.
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    No it’s to late
    Apart of the question Im now wondering where 2% of this voting is... the results show 98% ahahah what???
    No it’s to late
    I still have a little hope but I'm no longer putting up with the game in the meantime.

You might want to look into lighting mods. I'm thrilled with a no-bloom mod and the Sims can look fine most of the time, depending.

I absolutely love the light mod in my game it really makes everything look realistic.
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I have a little bit of hope (that things like emotions, swatches and spiral stairs) will be improved/added to the game. The sims team has surprised me in some things (for example, after laundry, I never expected the lounge chair to be added to the base game), and disappointed me in others (ocean swimming only in Sulani so far). Feedback slowly seems to be being implemented, with pools, toddlers, terrain tools and recently the addition of new swatches, so I have hope.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    This thread poll feels like it wants to get damning answers back and it all ends in tears, but I enjoy the game for what it is and it is improving all the time. There are those who like playing Sims 3 with all its' bugs and I am the same with Sims 4. :)
  • annaliese39annaliese39 Posts: 2,797 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    As Aragorn said, there is always hope. I don't like to expect too much, but TS4 has certainly come a long way since release and I feel it will continue to improve. I hope so anyway!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I guess I agree with above. I feel like we have gotten so many improvements since sims 4s release. I’m in for upgraded personalities and I feel it is something they could do especially given the sims 4 has a never ending timeline right now. I’m always hoping for improvements and they have delivered more often than not.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    No it’s to late
    This many years in would have seen at least an attempt by now if they were going to address the issues. The game engine was designed for a totally different kind of game which precludes any fundamental work. Am surprised the beast has lasted as long as it has. Bug and glitch fixing has been lackluster and often temporary. The focus has been continually adding more (which is often broken in some way) which not only directs resources away from fixing but adds increasing levels of complexity to the code. The more complex something is, the more likely it is to break and the harder it is to find the root cause - let alone fix it.
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    No it’s to late
    This many years in would have seen at least an attempt by now if they were going to address the issues. The game engine was designed for a totally different kind of game which precludes any fundamental work. Am surprised the beast has lasted as long as it has. Bug and glitch fixing has been lackluster and often temporary. The focus has been continually adding more (which is often broken in some way) which not only directs resources away from fixing but adds increasing levels of complexity to the code. The more complex something is, the more likely it is to break and the harder it is to find the root cause - let alone fix it.

So many people are hyped for Island Living and all I can think about is if it will come with bugs or become bugged after a later pack/patch.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    No it’s to late
    That and the concern of what will it break that currently works.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    No it’s to late
    Sims 4 has been one big LONG game of catch-up and it’s still a few laps behind. A lot of the game is so watered down by design than it will never fully “catch up”, and that’s not even an opinion that’s just the tragedy that is Sims 4. Maybe the next game won’t be a botched online game that’s poorly and quickly redeveloped for offline play.
  • Evil_OneEvil_One Posts: 4,423 Member
    edited June 2019
    No it’s to late
    "Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment" - Latin Proverb

It's certainly true of EA; Time and time again they give us a load of hope with vague promises, manipulated trailers and surveys, and time and time again they fail to meet any expectations.

At this point we could expect nothing and they'd still find a way to disappoint us...

Probably by trying to charge us for it.
    Post edited by Evil_One on
    raw
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Yes i feel like this will be fixed
    Yes, lots of hope. It is never too late and a lot of things already have been fixed (assume bugs as just because you don't get what you want doesn't mean it is broken. There are some bugs at times that do need to be fixed. Some are fixed only to break again with a new patch), added or improved on and they are aware that people wanted better babies, cars, etc...and they didn't say no to that plus got a few more years to go, so that could be room for more. Not everything is going to be fixed instantly/overnight.

Sims 3 is in more dire need of fixing; but lost all hope long ago since they ended updates. So still bugs, lagging, stiff and boring sims, etc...
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2019
    It's been four years and they've barely made any adjustments to aspirations, whims, and emotions. They did have ONE update where they tried changing some things around, but it was so minimal and ineffective. The Sims 4 is just a weird mix of too much sandbox and not enough game. They give you little to no goals to work towards, poor rewards, and no challenge or risk along the way. You're basically left to just create a game in your mind.

I'm honestly so much more excited for the game in @Noree_Doree 's signature than I have been for The Sims in a long time. I don't know if it's an EA thing, a Sims Studio thing, or what, but it's so nice to have that development team not only listen to fans very well, but act on feedback, too. I just love how they are able to really innovate and bring their franchises to new heights without losing what makes each one so special. Whereas, here, you give your feedback and it feels almost as if the devs double-down on their stances.
  • sawdustsawdust Posts: 1,003 Member
    No it’s to late
    No. I think the vision of what made this game great has been lost.