Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Build-n-Share Challenge #182 **Jack Frost Comes Knocking** Due February 29, 2024

Comments

• MikkiMikkiMikkiMMikkiMikkiMikkiM Posts: 213 Member
    I have run into an issue where my build is not saving to the Gallery. Is it because it has custom content/mods?

Do you have 'include custom content' ticked in the gallery/my library menu?
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    @KitelDesigns Your build will not show up on the on-line gallery if it includes custom content. You can, however, get it to show up in your game gallery by clicking the "include custom content" as @MikkiMikkiMikkiM stated.
    Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    Thank you. So how do I provide a link to the gallery if it does not show up in the Gallery?
  • swcheppesswcheppes Posts: 3,027 Member
    BUILD OFFICIAL ENTRY FORM
    CHALLENGE #121 - Breaking Out of the Box

FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Beginner

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshund Creek
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $57,983
    TOTAL COST: $59,983
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/LqQSTSA
    ENTRY DETAILS: A smartly engineered home. I designed this as if the first 30G was donated money, and the other 30G was from items donated by the community. The solar panels donated by the Energy company. The garden plot put together by the local gardening club. Counters and fridge donate by a restaurant supply company. Books and toys donate by town members, etc.

This home has the solar panels to reduce electric bill costs, Rain Tank to help with the Garden plot and to lower water costs. Fire places to reduce heating costs. Garden plot to supplement food stores. Although there still needs to be some homey touches needed, it is a lovely home for the group of 7

The Main living area is on the 2nd floor, to take advantage of the natural light from the many Windows. Kids can do their homework at the dining table, or at the computer desk. A toy box for the kids to play as well. Mom can watch from the living room, or while cooking. The bedrooms are on the first floor.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: http://sims4downloads.net/simista-rainwater-tank-2/ , http://simista.blogspot.com/2016/02/domestic-solar-panel.html

iXLPZdV.png
    mfAkKPo.png

Loved the idea of putting the stuffed animals on the bed! Does it interfer with them sleeping?

Great job!
    suRdkSd.jpg
    Thank you. So how do I provide a link to the gallery if it does not show up in the Gallery?

I only just came across this challenge, so don't take my word for it, but reading the rules it seems like you only have to provide proof of the gallery cost. So if you open the lot from your own library and screenshot, it should show the gallery cost and you can add that screenshot as proof. But perhaps wait for an admin or experienced participant to chime in on this.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Quick Question, when creating the family - how did you add a baby to CAS ?
    I have created everyone except the baby - I asume I either need to move them into a lot and "woo hoo for baby" or else use a cheat ?
    how have others got around this issue ?
    Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

edited June 2019

I only just came across this challenge, so don't take my word for it, but reading the rules it seems like you only have to provide proof of the gallery cost. So if you open the lot from your own library and screenshot, it should show the gallery cost and you can add that screenshot as proof. But perhaps wait for an admin or experienced participant to chime in on this.

Also, I just checked, and #withcc creations do show up in gallery if you tick the 'include custom content' box, so you should be fine. @KitelDesigns
    @KitelDesigns There is no option to include cc in EA's on-line gallery, only in the gallery you can access from your game. In the space you're supposed to link to your gallery, just make a little note that you're using cc and can't supply that. Then the judges will check your entry in their own game gallery. They only use the gallery entry to verify your cost. All of the judging is done from the album you supply with your entry.
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Liziann1 wrote: »
    I have created everyone except the baby - I asume I either need to move them into a lot and "woo hoo for baby" or else use a cheat ?

You'll hve to use woohoo, yes.
    image.png
  • ZinchtZincht Posts: 32 Member
    @jeswainston65 , I'm pretty new to this, too. Don't give up! I've found that some people have expansion items that may be cheaper than the base set, but that can't be helped (I refuse to buy expansions *just* to fuel my building urges..)

I usually start with an open box (one room), then buy all the furniture that absolutely must be in the build. The cheapest of that furniture I can manage, and the minimum quantity, so a sink for either the bathroom or kitchen, one counter to prep food on, that sort of thing. I can rearrange it before putting proper walls and rooms in.

I often have to remind myself to leave money for painting walls and doing landscaping, but it gives me a better idea about how much space is required. I don't know how all the really cool kids manage their miracle houses, but if you see something you like from a previous entry, just ask. I'm sure someone will be able to tell you how to do it on a budget, or give you a link to a tutorial.
  • Liziann1Liziann1 Posts: 1,461 Member
    SimTresa wrote: »

Thank you x

Check out My showcase thread
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/853211/dizzisquirrels-showcase#latest]
    or look for me in the Gallery
    aka DizziSquirrel

SimTresa wrote: »

Thank you x

You're welcome.
    image.png
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    swcheppes wrote: »

FORUM ID: KitelDesigns
    ORIGIN ID: Kiteldesigns
    LEVEL: Beginner

SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Dachshund Creek
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST: $2,000
    GALLERY COST: $57,983
    TOTAL COST: $59,983
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/LqQSTSA
    ENTRY DETAILS: A smartly engineered home. I designed this as if the first 30G was donated money, and the other 30G was from items donated by the community. The solar panels donated by the Energy company. The garden plot put together by the local gardening club. Counters and fridge donate by a restaurant supply company. Books and toys donate by town members, etc.

This home has the solar panels to reduce electric bill costs, Rain Tank to help with the Garden plot and to lower water costs. Fire places to reduce heating costs. Garden plot to supplement food stores. Although there still needs to be some homey touches needed, it is a lovely home for the group of 7

The Main living area is on the 2nd floor, to take advantage of the natural light from the many Windows. Kids can do their homework at the dining table, or at the computer desk. A toy box for the kids to play as well. Mom can watch from the living room, or while cooking. The bedrooms are on the first floor.

CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please!
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: http://sims4downloads.net/simista-rainwater-tank-2/ , http://simista.blogspot.com/2016/02/domestic-solar-panel.html

iXLPZdV.png
    mfAkKPo.png

Loved the idea of putting the stuffed animals on the bed! Does it interfer with them sleeping?

Great job!

Nope, Tested it and she can sleep in the bed no problem
    Aaggh, rookie mistake: was completely done, have all my images uploaded to be shared here, then while filling out the form I realize the gallery cost isn't the total cost :< so I'll post mine tomorrow, because I'll have to make some changes and take all new screenshots. Oh well.
    SIM ENTRY FORM (please copy and paste into your entry post)
    FORUM ID: SimTresa
    ORIGIN ID:
    [/b] TresaofPern
    LEVEL: Established
    HOUSEHOLD: Reyes
    Diego Reyes is a Salvadorada native who left for Windenberg when he was young, wanting to find a life different from what was available at home. He met Renata, who was working as a barista at the time, and quickly fell in love. The pair didn't wait long to start their family, and for a while life was good, if not luxurious. Then it all went wrong and the family ended up on the street after Diego lost his job and their rental. Now, with their modest new home and new jobs for Diego and Emelda, things are looking up again.
    I kept the family's clothing simple, mostly basics with some Salvadoradan influences mixed in to reflect their heritage. Nothing too fancy for this family, but they're not necessarily ragged either.
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/lqQt2Bv
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: None

SPACE FOR PICTURES:
    JtLhp7y.png

VoGLaWD.png
    image.png
    edited June 2019
    FORUM ID: SimTres
    ORIGIN ID:
    TresaofPern
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Coorinberg Cottage (Munch house)
    NEW LOT LINK: Forever Home
    LOT COST: 3,000
    GALLERY COST: 56266
    TOTAL COST: 59266
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/Wsbo4yZ
    ENTRY DETAILS: This 4-bedroom, 2 bathroom Tudor-style cottage may look old on the outside, but inside has all modern conveniences. A laundry has been added off the kitchen. The home is bright and cheerful, cozy without being cramped. The yard has plenty of options for hanging out, playing eating, or just enjoying the outdoors.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: Non-cc butterfly artwork by roseymow.
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

QBz5wDs.png
    9yHWsRH.png
    image.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    @SimTresa: Love the family! It has a lot of normal yet cultural appeal. I can just see them in real life getting over the boxes and happy to have a real home again! Well done! I also love the bright pops of color in the house. And, again, so many things in it! I am amazed!
  • msnikki2005msnikki2005 Posts: 3 New Member
    Im trying to add mine, but I havent been active enough oops :smiley:
    iampes23 wrote: »
    @SimTresa: Love the family! It has a lot of normal yet cultural appeal. I can just see them in real life getting over the boxes and happy to have a real home again! Well done! I also love the bright pops of color in the house. And, again, so many things in it! I am amazed!

Thanks, @iampes23. I knew going in it wasn't going to be a perfect rectangle or square shape - they're done with boxes!
    image.png
  • iampes23iampes23 Posts: 704 Member
    edited June 2019
    Im trying to add mine, but I havent been active enough oops :smiley:

Just do the application --when it comes to the links, separate the www from the rest and you should be able to post, i think. If not, you need more likes. We can help with that, so just post again. :D
    @msnikki2005 Welcome to the forum! As a new member you can't post pictures, but if you enter your links as needed, and pop a space in the address like this h ttps: it will not register as a live link, and this will allow us to easily make your links live. Looking forward to seeing your entry. :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Question about the room challenge :P
    So you need to build a bedroom for 2 kids, but does it have to be for 2 kids of the family?
    Or just have enough for 2 kids of any age or gender?
    FORUM ID: Allears
    ORIGIN ID: SassiLassi
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Garden Essence in Willow Creek
    NEW LOT LINK: Home Again
    LOT COST: 2,000
    GALLERY COST: 57,985
    TOTAL COST: 59,985
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: https://imgur.com/a/2sBCvWy
    ENTRY DETAILS: Family home with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths. Plenty of skill-building with computer, TV, bookcase, chess board, a garden, water slide, and activity table. All in all, a very comfortable for our deserving family.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes, please
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: none, but I did use NoCC plants from @SheriGR and NoCC pictures from @roseymow, @juwels64, and @Mandykay77

WeFF2Hp.png

aLZ01vB.png
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • msnikki2005msnikki2005 Posts: 3 New Member
    FORUM ID:msnikki2005
    ORIGIN ID:msnikki200082
    LEVEL:
    SIMS 4 LOT NAME: Daisy Hovel/Daffodil Den
    NEW LOT LINK:
    LOT COST:$2,000
    GALLERY COST:$50,384
    TOTAL COST:$52,384
    LINK TO ENTRY SLIDESHOW: h ttps://imgur.com/a/NlLGeDA
    ENTRY DETAILS:4 bedroom, 2 bathroom home that has a cramped yet homey feel.
    CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM: Yes
    CREDIT FOR CC/RECOLORS: cc free
    TWITTER TAG:
    FACEBOOK PROFILE:
    TUMBLR LINK:
    SPACE FOR PICTURES:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top