Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What’s the longest amount of time you’ve played The Sims for in one go?

A few months back, things weren’t going all that well for me, so to distract myself from the horrible reality I was living in I just kept playing The Sims. One day, I ended up playing for at least 25-26 hours non-stop, and this makes me wonder how long you’ve been able to play in one sitting?
F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€

Comments

• SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited June 2019
    I haven't timed it but I guess 4-5 hours when I work a shift that allows me to play during it as that's how long the shift would be and I have nothing else to do there. This isn't often though. At home I do 1-2 hr sessions a couple evenings a week. I would love to play more but I am a single parent of a young child so would be impossible to do a day long session like that.
    Post edited by SimAlexandria on
  • LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I've done this a few times, and before I go any further I will say that I do have insomnia issues, and have ever since I can remember, and this is something that runs in my family. With that out of the way, it is not uncommon for me to be awake for mostly 24 to 48 hours, and the longest was 72. Now that being said the longest I played around 35 hours straight, but at the time there were some personal issues that I just wanted to not think about at the time, it helped me de-stress from that.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    Sims 2 my record was probably about 12 hours in one sitting

Sims 3 just last weekend I played from like 6AM to about 10PM

Sims 4 the longest I've probably played in one sitting is maybe 2 hours? and I was building a mansion at the time.
  • ChelleJoChelleJo Posts: 7,087 Member
    I'm not sure what my record is, but when I'm really into my game and enjoying it, I can easily log 12 hours a day, if not more.

p8L4V6v.png
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Usually depends on what I'm doing. If it's my day off usually about five to six hours on average.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    3 hours tops
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I'm not telling. 😙
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    I can binge for 12 hours on Saturdays but every other day I'm lucky to get 3 hours in.
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I guess 8 hours, maybe even more
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Oh I've for sure played for 18 hours straight just the other day. One, I had just learned about the Playing in First Person Update from last year. and I gotta say my mind is blown. I had no idea this was a thing. All I need is to be able to move around using the arrow keys instead of clicking *Go here.* Second reason I just wanted build. I've had builder's Block over the past couple of week. and I think I finally decided on whatI wanted the Main structure of my Farm House-Mansion to look like. So I got the main structure Down it's just the floor plan of the house that will branch off of the main.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    About 12 hours. I can really get involved in designing and building houses.
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I feel better now after reading this thread. My longest is about 5 to 6 hours.
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    12 to 14 hours when I was in high school with sims 3. I had a friend who played it too and we would get our laptops and play for hours. It was great having someone to tell my stories to and what was happening in my save. With sims 4 maybe 5 or 6 hours. It’s hard for me to maintain that now but it’s more due to time constraints than anything.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Probably 7-8 hours. With Sims 4 and all the past versions. Hope to get in a long session on Sunday to finish up some tasks and prepare my sims for Island Living.
  • RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    32 hours
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    One day when I was working on a 64x64 build I was on for like 11 hours I think. Typically it's anywhere from 1-6 hours depending on day and if there's a new pack.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • So_MoneySo_Money Posts: 2,536 Member
    edited June 2019
    Not very long. Maybe 3 hours on a weekend once or twice. Between family and work and other commitments, epic play sessions just aren’t feasible these days.
  • Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I can go from 6 to 8 hours if I have nothing else to take care of.
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    36 hours, I have horrible insomnia issues and most of the time nothing to do due to some health issues x'D
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'm actually really impressed that some of you can stay up for so long without falling asleep. I'm 100% sure I would have smashed my forehead into the keyboard in exhaustion at some point or another LOL! I honestly wish I could get by with sleeping less haha! I feel like I could be so much more productive but I definitely need my 7 to 8 hours each night.