Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

👩‍🎓UNIVERSITY or FARMING👨‍🌾

Comments

• JnyxJnyx Posts: 273 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    Both.
    I'd say University because it feels like a fairly basic addition to the Sims series now.

And I say Farming because I want it SO BAD! It's something we've never had in a Sims game before and I think it would add some super interesting gameplay aspects.

I am desperate for new things in the Sims 4. Things that have never been in the Sims series before! But I know that those are likely to come near the end of the life-cycle of Sims 4 similar to how Sims 3 worked.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    Jasper7702 wrote: »
    Anmirla wrote: »
    If we're doing something completely new let's make it fun. I personally want new ways to have fun. I would love a circus and a carnival. Both with rides.

I would love a circus, carnival or fair. If we get farming I could see there being a “state fair” to show off your animals, produce, with rides and all.

Yes, "county fairs", as we have here include carnival rides, games like the duck shooter and the dunk tank. I want foods like corn dogs, fried okra and squash, funnel cakes and cotton candy. If they bring back the deep fryer, Sims can make them at home (except the cotton candy :D) along with deep fried turkey for Thanksgiving and fried ice cream.
    A Farmers' Market could also be added to sell produce and livestock along with canning products and "knitted" goods.

Exactly! I couldn’t think of the word so I just said state lol. I would love a new deep fryer kitchen object, and maybe a crock pot?

State fairs definitely exist too and my understanding is that they are very similar. ;) In the most southern states (I'm not sure about other states), we tend to have each county hosting their own.

YEEEEEEEEEESSS! Crock pots!
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • AwkwardAquaAwkwardAqua Posts: 58 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I am indifferent in what order they come out in as long as we get both! I feel like a farming pack could be rolled out in a Game Pack format.
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: awkwardaqua
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    University has been one of the most requested, I can't see them not working on it soon because they KNOW it would sell.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    Uni! I hope people that want farming get it but I'd personally rather have uni next.
  • LucyCatxLucyCatx Posts: 51 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    I see so much more use in university personally and so I would much rather have a university pack than a farming- I've been wanting university for a long time too.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    Both, I think University could come this fall and Farming the next summer.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    No offense EA, but I’m pretty sure just because literally everybody has been asking for uni they’ll put out farming first. It seems like that’s just how it works. Even though, I don’t want farming so I really hope uni comes first.
  • domina89domina89 Posts: 221 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I don't see why we can't have both. There are plenty of people willing to throw their money at EA for either pack, so it's not like they would be wasting their time making either one.
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    Both!
    I've wanted some sort of University from the beginning and it's a standard so definitely expecting it eventually.
    It's a dream to have farming for me one I doubted was possible until they started to poll about stuff like that. I most want to make a self sufficient farmer. I want the country touches. Dirt or rustic roads. Some large and midsized lots. I want hands on interaction with especially crafting/processing the produce/eggs ect.
    I hope it's more like in the past though (as in butter churns, jamming stations, maybe a loom?) I don't want to dump stuff into big machinery or do any mass production though... it wouldn't engage me for long.
    I'd like to have chickens and some other farm animals.. not sure I'd care to have the type we slaughter (pigs) though as I doubt that would be a thing so milk production .... wool production is more what I'm hoping for.
    I never really thought of country fairs and not sure it's something I'd want. A fair sounds like a major production, but I can see them setting up festivals where you can sell your wares or engage in competitions kind of like the city living way in that there is a gathering with certain things you can do.
    egTcBMc.png
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    Farms are ridiculously boring. University all the way.
  • Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    If we're doing something completely new let's make it fun. I personally want new ways to have fun. I would love a circus and a carnival. Both with rides.

I would love a circus, carnival or fair. If we get farming I could see there being a “state fair” to show off your animals, produce, with rides and all.

Yes, "county fairs", as we have here include carnival rides, games like the duck shooter and the dunk tank. I want foods like corn dogs, fried okra and squash, funnel cakes and cotton candy. If they bring back the deep fryer, Sims can make them at home (except the cotton candy :D) along with deep fried turkey for Thanksgiving and fried ice cream.
    A Farmers' Market could also be added to sell produce and livestock along with canning products and "knitted" goods.

Exactly! I couldn’t think of the word so I just said state lol. I would love a new deep fryer kitchen object, and maybe a crock pot?

State fairs definitely exist too and my understanding is that they are very similar. ;) In the most southern states (I'm not sure about other states), we tend to have each county hosting their own.

YEEEEEEEEEESSS! Crock pots!

I think we can expect farming sometime soon though with the polls, hints, and off the grid Lot Trait. If we get it though I hope for the basic animals, new harvestables, two new careers or one that branches off (agriscience, farming), butter churner, jamming station, loom/spindle, country radio or bluegrass, larger lots, farm buildings, and this hasn’t been said yet that I know of: General Stores!
  • bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited June 2019
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I can see them making an University but it should be an game pack. There is not enough gameplay for that pack and besides we had University in the sims 2 and 3 which was ok in my opinion. University reminds me of the Stangerville pack, once I go through the gameplay it's not like something I want to repeat.
    Post edited by beville on
  • cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    i believe university is coming next but i would like farming.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    Voted wrong was thinking it was vote for the pack you want next... I think University will be next but I want farming.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    University for me.
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    While I want a University pack I don't believe it's coming next.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member
    🤙Ummm... both 🤙
    I say both because, of course we NEED cute and fuzzy farm animals, and I think fields of crops would be aesthetically pleasing and fun to work with. You could do farm chores like milking the cows, cleaning up, and whatever else. University also seems very fun. I would expect that each one would come with a new city, which I always love.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    I don't see how they can making a farming expansion all that appealing to most people. They would have to go all out and add horses or something to get people's attention. We already have gardens and all that.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,934 Member
    ❌Neither ❌
    I mean idk I sort of want them to release university so people can stop asking for it though
    but also not sure if either of these will actually have something for me personally

I just want some hobbies and activities and thats all
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,017 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    Sorry, I'd rather have cute baby animals over crippling student debt. Though I do feel that University should come first, since it has a bigger audience and would probably have a bigger impact on the game overall.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited June 2019
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I so hope we get a Farming expansion pack. I use to play this game back in the day called Harvest Moon 64 on Nintendo 64; it was awesome. Please let my Sims be Farmers.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • MarnettiMarnetti Posts: 1,047 Member
    beville wrote: »
    I can see them making an University but it should be an game pack. There is not enough gameplay for that pack and besides we had University in the sims 2 and 3 which was ok in my opinion. University reminds me of the Stangerville pack, once I go through the gameplay it's not like something I want to repeat.

University can’t be a game pack. It needs a huge world, and there’s so much gameplay involved in it.
    ~I just like lifestates. Is that too much to ask for?~
    tumblr_p4xbgrS3wO1tltr42o1_500.gif
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    👩‍🌾Farming👨‍🌾
    I vote for farming, cuz university is probably coming at some point and i would prefer a schooling system for all ages instead of just young adults.
  • CIASimtridgeCIASimtridge Posts: 31 Member
    👩‍🎓University👨‍🎓
    All I care about is University. I could see them doing farming though because of the previous animal packs + the island pack giving access to sharks, dolphins and new fish. With the ability to tan coming as well I could see them doing farming to add more land animals and a "farmers" tan