Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you usually create single sims or families?

Do you guys prefer creating a single one or two sim family, or is it more your style to create large or small families? Which is better, and if you like single families, why? I am wondering because I always create large families with at least a few children.

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I use to create families in CAS and then play them, but for some reason, those couples never ever or very rarely ever stay together. What I like doing is start out with a single sim, and then work their way up. It also gets more of a history on the couple as well, which I find very enjoyable, both the good and bad.
  • Options
    PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    I'm usually rather specific myself as I tend to go for storytelling.

If I'm going for family play then I prefer to start out with small families (maybe a couple and then a child) but sometimes I start with just the couple. I like to start small and then watch the family grow within the game itself in practically every way.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Single sims. The majority of my sims in my world are single households. There's a few couples, but mostly singles.

I haven't played with kids since the 1st year of Sims 4 when one of my kids got taken away for not going to school. So until we get a homeschooling option, or an option to opt out of the school system, I'm not playing them. I haven't even bothered with toddlers yet to any degree. I played one in a house for a sim day or two and then rotated from that house and never went back.

I'm not a family player. lol
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    Single sims.

Every time I try to play a family one of them burn down the house and micro managing is hard for me to do on more than one sim at a time.

I don't like having a couple of sims standing around waiting for me to give them something to do so I give them free will. Then the chaos starts and I go back to playing a single sim.
  • Options
    FlyingPotato659FlyingPotato659 Posts: 1,473 Member
    Single sim as I like to see their progession in life
  • Options
    Sims_4_ever_Sims_4_ever_ Posts: 143 Member
    I usually play for a generation or two, and then move a teenager out on their own once they age into a young adult. That way I can create a story, and bounce around to other family members for a while if I get bored. I remember one time I thought it would be a good idea to pre create a family of two adults with twin toddler girls.....never again! It was a disaster, and not to mention it was my first time with twins. I think my biggest mistake was making a huge, intricate one story house with a ton of rooms and a ton of furniture, I was constantly losing the crying twins. Little did I know you can find them immediately by clicking their profiles. I never played that family again....
  • Options
    ceyricceyric Posts: 1,584 Member
    A bunch of roommates who are usually single.
    keep on keepin' on
  • Options
    thatsnotswegthatsnotsweg Posts: 697 Member
    I almost always create single Sims.
    gallery ID: thatsnotsweg

vYCrjvm.png
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Single sims, always. Much less hassle. However, I do create a few families now and then to be my sim's neighbour.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Mostly families, either single parents or orphaned teenagers.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    I like playing with single sims and ideally , roommates. I downloaded a mod for separate household funds too , since I like to play without cheating. Roommates are ideal.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I only create completed families.
  • Options
    WynnoxWynnox Posts: 43 Member
    I tend to only create a single sim, a couple or roommates. I do think about trying to create whole families sometimes but I never get around to it.
    Gallery Name: 12Wyvern
  • Options
    RIP-Troika-GamesRIP-Troika-Games Posts: 221 Member
    I make both and everything in between. Though I prefer to play the smaller households.
  • Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    I play a single sim and follow them through dating, marriage and children etc but I love to create all kinds of combinations as neighbours and friends. I usually end up making their parents and siblings too especially when it comes time for the wedding.
  • Options
    ceyric wrote: »
    A bunch of roommates who are usually single.

That's interesting...Like the Roomies family in the ps4 base game
  • Options
    xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Single sims.

Starting off with a family is overwhelming for me. Plus, creating a family in CAS takes ages!
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I start every new save game with a specific couple, then move on with one of their children, and those sims will be moved out alone if I haven't already found their significant other.
  • Options
    RevenwynRevenwyn Posts: 317 Member
    I usually create a couple.
    Like my T-shirt? Get it here: Revenwyn's Sims

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Mostly single sims, it’s hard for me to create couples because I feel I’m doing the same pull and push on the other sims body. I’ll feel like they’re low key related when they shouldn’t be.
  • Options
    simmerLellasimmerLella Posts: 613 Member
    Both, and/or playing premades, and I rotate a LOT. I like variety.
    "Challenge everything"
    My Game Twitter
    tumblr_inline_pwgxs3dfiz1t4sbjh_500.jpg
    EA, fix the EA app & CAW EIG!
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    big familys and keep aging fully turn off for all sims
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Both, and/or playing premades, and I rotate a LOT. I like variety.

I couldn't bring myself to use premades...lol. I don't know, I just always create my own...
  • Options
    mebagl15mebagl15 Posts: 563 Member
    I make both. I like variety in my game.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I start out playing a single sim then have them marry and have children. I also rotate between households and will play both families and single sims