Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Dear SimGurus, MERMAIDS have no transformation...

Comments

• BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    Well, that's not mermaid GP. They are actually just an "extra", we are lucky that we got them at all. And yet they were very well done IMO. To be honest, I can't understand the disappointment of some.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    edited June 2019
    [Removed quoted post] ~Rtas

Really? TS4 simmers ought to support each other even if they have different likes and dislikes. Because if something affects one group, it will affect the others as a whole. If you give the devs a pass on something you don't care about, then they might cut something out later on that you want. Look at the game itself - it's not as good as it can be because TS4 simmers just accept what they get and make excuses for it.

Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    edited June 2019
    don't go blaming other simmers there not making the game

Nope, if TS4 simmers keep just accepting whatever they get and not put pressure on the devs, then you'll continue to get crappy content. This could also affect how TS5 is developed. I really can't stand this mentality. You're not doing anyone a good favor if you do that so people like you are therefore part of the problem.

When TS3 came out, people complained about the rabbit holes (because they didn't understand their real benefit) so the devs during the course of the entire TS3 run introduced content in the EPs and Sims 3 Store that simmers can use to make active versions of many of the rabbit holes. And that was a great thing!

TS4 has only a few years left. Don't you want whatever content is planned to be great? Then stop making excuses for EAxis and push them to do better. It's not like they don't have the ability or funds - they do!

I’m pretty disappointed by the lack of a transformation, (though not a deal breaker to not buy the pack obviously).

I mean, there are two very quick, but very pretty/cool looking transformation animations for the mermaid forms within CAS already! Re-use that, devs/gurus!

Right?!?? So not using it within the live game made absolutely NO SENSE!

• fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    First, I would just like to say that I agree completely with your point @ClarionOfJoy . If we keep letting them do things halfway, nothing will ever get better. That being said i'm going to hope, for the sake of those who are going to buy this ep and are disappointed, that the game play they showed is from an earlier version of the game and that they just hadn't put in the animations outside of CAS yet.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    don't go blaming other simmers there not making the game

Nope, if TS4 simmers keep just accepting whatever they get and not put pressure on the devs, then you'll continue to get plum content. This could also affect how TS5 is developed. I really can't stand this mentality. You're not doing anyone a good favor if you do that so people like you are therefore part of the problem.

When TS3 came out, people complained about the rabbit holes (because they didn't understand their real benefit) so the devs during the course of the entire TS3 run introduced content in the EPs and Sims 3 Store that simmers can use to make active versions of many of the rabbit holes. And that was a great thing!

TS4 has only a few years left. Don't you want whatever content is planned to be great? Then stop making excuses for EAxis and push them to do better. It's not like they don't have the ability or funds - they do!
    I have nothing against feedback however to balm others for things that they have no control over is poorly thought out
    people have been asking for things on here nonstop and ts3 while fun still has issues
    all the sims games do if people aren't complaining about some things it might be they don't see it as an issue or that they would rather
    the man hours be spent somewhere else such as more for the upcoming magic pack instead of more time spent on the mermaid
    also mermaids are suppose to be a secret in the world so it wouldn't be good if they had a light show go off when they became one
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member

Guess my story telling is too mundane for the likes of you. I also normally do only regular sims for my story telling, not occult states. The things I dislike about the game have more to do with game performance and less to do with the looks. From what I gather just from reading, the ones upset are upset there is not "pretty looking" animation. I really do not care about how occult sims look when transforming, so I am not to blame.

Really? TS4 simmers ought to support each other even if they have different likes and dislikes. Because if something affects one group, it will affect the others as a whole. If you give the devs a pass on something you don't care about, then they might cut something out later on that you want. Look at the game itself - it's not as good as it can be because TS4 simmers just accept what they get and make excuses for it.

What more support do others need for the game to just "look more pretty?" There are pretty backdrops, pretty graphics, and pretty reused animation. There is enough "pretty" to go around in the game. What I am looking for is more substance in the gameplay rather than just how it looks. Maybe once they upgrade the game to 64 bit only, it will get more gameplay substance. With mermaids, I would assume they want to stay hidden/secret so why make a public spectacle type of animation. They were added to an expansion, so I assumed they were just as fleshed out as aliens who are also part of an expansion. It looks like those who like vampires or magic will get full "pretty looking" occult that some wanted. Mermaids are not the main feature to the pack. That seems to be more along the lines of conservation and eco-living.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Nope, if TS4 simmers keep just accepting whatever they get and not put pressure on the devs, then you'll continue to get plum content. This could also affect how TS5 is developed. I really can't stand this mentality. You're not doing anyone a good favor if you do that so people like you are therefore part of the problem.

There are 100's of posts in the feedback and ideas forums. I'm curious how you think pressure should be put on the developers?
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    edited June 2019
    The tricky thing with mermaids is that their tail doesn't appear outside the water, which I guess makes it more complicated to have a transformation animation.

There are 100's of posts in the feedback and ideas forums. I'm curious how you think pressure should be put on the developers?

That's sad that most of it isn't addressed, isn't it? If complaints don't work, you can always boycott and not buy any more packs until they show more effort for the money you pay. You shouldn't be giving your money for content that should have been better. Have some self respect! That's why I haven't bought into TS4. The things that TS4 simmers put up with is just ridiculous!

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member

Yeah, it doesn't bother me that much.
    It may be a bummer for some story tellers, like the ones that do videos. It is of no difference to me, I do play the game to tell stories, but not to share.

When TS4 simmers act like something doesn't matter, it just encourages the devs to continue putting out packs that aren't as detailed as previous iterations. You're part of the problem.

Please don't do this anymore. Hold the fire to the devs' feet and push them to do better. I think Island Living is a good pack because people wanted more out of the previous packs and the devs listened. However, it could have been better as can be seen by the complaints already coming out. It's not to put the pack in a bad light - it's still a nice pack - but I hope the complaints encourage the devs to put more details in for the Uni and Supernatural packs (and any other packs after this).

For me, the Island Living EP gives me real hope that EAxis may be returning to making great packs once again as in previous iterations. And in turn, if we keep urging them, then TS5 will be AMAZING!

I have no hope for Sims 5 being anything more than another version of the sims 4. A game i enjoy somewhat because of the updated tools and visuals , but that is lacking far too much in the area of player control , creativity and freedom to play how we want.

Anytime someone wants more effort and more bang for their buck out of this game they always get a response from many in this "community" that criticizes them for wanting and expecting MORE. The developers can see that. And they will not give their best if they dont think its necessary. This is their job , not their favorite game or pastime .
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2019
    I’m mildly disappointed, but I’m not joining any boycotting. I’ve been enjoying the game, and I’m going to keep buying it.

And I’m not going to join a group that looks down on me.

This constant shaming of us simmers who like Sims 4 is just not on. :frowning:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
    I’m mildly disappointed, but I’m not joining any boycotting. I’ve been enjoying the game, and I’m going to keep buying it.

When players are "okay" with every EP having features that are a worse version of features that were in the game previous to it, from over 10 year ago, that is a problem. This game was supposed to advance over the other. Not downgrade. And it downgraded, that is not an opinion its a fact.

The lack of innovation and effort is what people are shaming. And rightfully so. People want more not less for their money. And thats okay. I like Sims 4 enough, but I do not like how they handled this game and as time goes on I now understand more why people talk about what features were in sims 3. They didn't skimp and cut corners much back then and they shouldnt now.
    Well, I’ll be “okay” then. *shrugs* :smile: I won’t bother you anymore, and I’ll just move onto other threads outside of Feedback, thanks.
    (She/her)

When players are "okay" with every EP having features that are a worse version of features that were in the game previous to it, from over 10 year ago, that is a problem. This game was supposed to advance over the other. Not downgrade. And it downgraded, that is not an opinion its a fact.

The lack of innovation and effort is what people are shaming. And rightfully so. People want more not less for their money. And thats okay. I like Sims 4 enough, but I do not like how they handled this game and as time goes on I now understand more why people talk about what features were in sims 3. They didn't skimp and cut corners much back then and they shouldnt now.

no its an opinion mermaids in sims 4 have more they can do then sims 3 mermaids whether its better or worse is an opinion

no its an opinion mermaids in sims 4 have more they can do then sims 3 mermaids whether its better or worse is an opinion

No, its definitely a fact. Taking away player control is a downgrade. Thats factual. You are hyper focusing on the mermaids, but Im looking over both games features and comparing player freedoms in sims 3 , to the "freedom" we have in Sims 4. And Sims 3 was much more advanced , as a matter of fact.

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019

Yes mermaids are better in Sims 4 from what I‘ve seen. They only forgot to put in a transform animation after a human eats mermaid kelp, since they do nothing, which looks really strange since every other occult we have had an animation when turning from human to occult, even mermaids in Sims 3 had one.
    a256aFi.gif

Yes mermaids are better in Sims 4 from what I‘ve seen. They only forgot to put in a transform animation after a human eats mermaid kelp, since they do nothing, which looks really strange since every other occult we have had an animation when turning from human to occult, even mermaids in Sims 3 had one.

good point
    edited June 2019

Yeah, I like these mermaids better (from a lot of what I’ve learned and seen so far), too.

Sims 3 may have tons of content, but I still didn’t enjoy it.

Maybe Sims 5 will have more detail and such.

But for now, I’m going to buy this pack.

And, I promise, now I’m done in this thread. Sorry to be annoying.

I’ll just use the Ignore tool and Flag, because I’m tired of defending what I like here. I just feel like some simmers just want to insult us Sims 4 lovers here all of the time.

I’ll stick to the positive threads in other subforums.
    (She/her)
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    100% agree they should patch an animation for them, as well as when they walk into water. A bubble particle system would work fine.
    caitytrina.png
  • JigglyJoyJigglyJoy Posts: 5 New Member
    Yeah it's kinda disappointing... I hope they care to patch it. Could've been cool if there transformation lasted a day or something.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member

Not really. With comments like:
    You're part of the problem.
    The devs will not care to make this game do anything besides the very minimal when their player base is so gullible.
    Have some self respect!

I'm perfectly fine with the game. I have as much fun with this version as I did with all the previous versions. I still have 2 and 3 installed with all packs and store content yet 4 is my game of choice. So let's wait and see who's gullible when Island Living drops.

And by the way, the lack of a visual transformation is not at all important to me and as much as I respect my fellow simmers I'd rather save my protests and complaints for something that matters to me.

The devs will not care to make this game do anything besides the very minimal when their player base is so gullible.
    Have some self respect!

I'm perfectly fine with the game. I have as much fun with this version as I did with all the previous versions. I still have 2 and 3 installed with all packs and store content yet 4 is my game of choice. So let's wait and see who's gullible when Island Living drops.

And by the way, the lack of a visual transformation is not at all important to me and as much as I respect my fellow simmers I'd rather save my protests and complaints for something that matters to me.

me to

Have some self respect!

What does this mean even?

So let's wait and see who's gullible when Island Living drops

What does this mean even?
    no, but they are making the excuses . and the devs will not care to make this game do anything besides the very minimal when their player base is so gullible. simgurugrant said himself that if they think players will go for anything that is what they will give them.
    The OP asked what we thought of Sims 4 island living and im answering. It's shallow and lacks a lot of gameplay value.
    The pack is lazy to me. It's a stripped down, lesser version if the previous Island pack we had.
    I don't like it enough to say a whole lot of good about it. I will still buy it because it has some decent build/buy

You're accusing simmers of making excuses for the developers and accepting whatever they're given. How are you any different?

I simply asked you what does that question mean. I am buying the pack mostly for the new items. And theres a new world , so there will be a lot of new scenery, which I love. The ocean will be a beautiful backdrop. I known what the pack has and what it doesnt and im making my choice based off of that.

As far as the rest, yes, it is a stripped down version of Island Paradise, which feels wrong since the game was supposed to be an advancement over the previous.

Your focus seems to be on this one pack, but its actually larger than this. Anytime anyone criticizes this game on here, whether they are a fan or not , its met with anger , which is annoying and immature.