Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Generic Lots - What are they?

2...Next

Comments

• BabySquareBabySquare Posts: 7,869 Member
    In live mode, do walkby sims still appear in the area surrounding generic lots?
    Gallery ID: babysquare
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    BabySquare wrote: »
    In live mode, do walkby sims still appear in the area surrounding generic lots?

Yes.... you can still go out from a generic lot area if your sim is in one meet people in the surrounding area and invite them back.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    This is copy/pasted from a previous thread about Generic lots, but here's what I do with them.

I used a Generic lot as storage for my Collector Sim and placed a rocket, telescope and microscope there too. By putting all that stuff there, she avoided paying higher bills for having it all on her lot. In fact, she also had a 'faux' retail store where she actually lived. Her store/home ended up being quite luxurious, but her actual bills were only 32 simoleons a week. She successfully collected everything possible in the game at the time I was playing with her.

I've also used a Generic lot a couple times to build an art gallery and a photography studio for my Sims. The photography wasn't very valuable so wouldn't have contributed to the bills very much. But, my Sim didn't have the space to display them and I was doing a photography challenge at the time. Some of the paintings my other Sim wanted to keep around, perhaps to sell later, were expensive Masterpieces though that would've jacked up the bills for sure.

I haven't used Generic lots for anything else other than those two things. However, I can see how it would be cool to use them for a 'second' home or a vacation home (perhaps in Sulani!) for my Sims. :)

Happy Simming! <3
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Oooooh, I just got a use for them! Since townies don't actually show up at them, you could make them like "Vacation Homes" for your sims.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Churches can be set as museums. That's what I do for wedding venues.

Generic lots may come in very handy for using as a vacation home
    in island living.

Yep. I have a generic lot in every world. I use it as a bed and breakfast for traveling sims. If you have a collector sim and want them to explore a world and all it's neighbourhoods, it comes in handy. And it adds to the immersion like they are out of town and somewhere different.

Sometimes I just can't see them traveling to Windenberg or someplace from Del Sol Valley or someplace and returning home the same day. So they will spend the night at a B&B.

It's good for that, and yep. I plan on putting one in Lani St Taz for my vacationing sims.
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2019
    I have several generic lots for lot types that are not included. I have a bowling and a skating arena, sims show up at the bowling but my arena is deserted, for some reason sadly ! Also sometimes I make homes or rooms as generic lots so I can send a sim and test them before uploading them on the gallery.