Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TOP 3 Hobbies you would like to see in TS4?

2...Next

Comments

• TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    1. Nectar making
    2. Martial arts
    3. 'backyard' sports (penalty kicks as in TS3, volleyball pitch, basketball hoop - either solo training or in small groups), play chase (between sims and/or pets), darts, table tennis

And as a bonus, some more stuff to the woodcarving table would be nice. If it was tied to my abovementioned trio, they could create nectar racks, training dummies, and dart boards, for example.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    1. Nectar making
    2. Martial arts
    3. 'backyard' sports (penalty kicks as in TS3, volleyball pitch, basketball hoop - either solo training or in small groups), play chase (between sims and/or pets), darts, table tennis

And as a bonus, some more stuff to the woodcarving table would be nice. If it was tied to my abovementioned trio, they could create nectar racks, training dummies, and dart boards, for example.

basketball hoop (CL) and darts (idk what pack it is could be get together? if not bg?)
    is there already so I don't think they would add those for other pack

don't know about training dummies because strangerville sort of has one ? like robot one?
    but I don't have sv so I haven't been able to test if it works like in previous games
    like I feel they should add martial arts duels and all that from world adventures

but im afraid if strangerville one is just gym equipment like boxing bag
    it's less likely that martial arts will ever properly come :bawling:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Simmingal wrote: »

basketball hoop (CL) and darts (idk what pack it is could be get together? if not bg?)

don't know about training dummies because strangerville sort of has one ? like robot one?
    I have just a few packs and I don't look into every single item the packs have so I did not know that. I know about the 'robot' dummy and you're right it reduces the chances for MA skill but one can hope, right?

I have just a few packs and I don't look into every single item the packs have so I did not know that. I know about the 'robot' dummy and you're right it reduces the chances for MA skill but one can hope, right?

Yeah I really wish they do add martial arts too I loved that in past game

and tbh I wouldn't know either if I didn't have those packs
    ( I mainly have expansions myself and am clueless to some of the gps and sps too so :sweat_smile: )
  • deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited June 2019
    Model Railroading? Custom car building? I'm not good at coming up with questions like this at the top of my head. Computer building? There aren't cars in TS4. Maybe they will consider my second one in TS5.
    Post edited by deeman190 on
    deeman190 wrote: »
    Model Railroading? Custom car building? I'm not good at coming up with questions like this at the top of my head. Computer building? There aren't cars in TS4. Maybe they will consider my second one in TS5.

i think to have cars in ts4 they would have to come up with ''car world'' similar to how we now have IL coming up with routable waters since they didn't really make worlds up to now with cars in mind so they can't add cars to those
  • RavenchRavench Posts: 35 Member
    1. Group activity related hobbies! These are sorely lacking from the game right now.
    2. Knitting. Would start a "stitch n b**tch" in a heartbeat ^^
    3. Toymaking
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    1. Nectar Making
    2. Canning
    3. Owning farm animals

if I could have llama farm in sims that would be perfection

Yes llamas! We could also get wool from them, just like with sheep.
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Wine & Beer Making

Wine is called Nectar in The Sims universe (just like WooHoo or plasma)

Yes, very much aware thank you. I prefer not to call them that.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
    Ugh Top Three... hang on let me list then Narrow it down. :#

Archery
    Hunting
    Jewelry Crafting
    Black Smithing
    Sword Fighting & Fencing
    Thievery
    Soccer
    Wine & Beer Making

Ummm Maybe Hunting, Soccer, and Wine & Beer Making

Archery yas though I feel like they'd just leave it level darts though can't see them adding actual hunting in game
    because they are always avoiding direct killing of anything in the game :confused:

blacksmith could tie in with swordplay like you'd make swords and use them to practice swordplay

I know I just think I would be fun to collect, Animal Head Mounts, Like we do with Fish Mounts & Bird Feathers.
    and they could do it as a rabbit hole activity. Like if your in Granite Falls and you click on your sim and have them "Go Hunting" and maybe after a couple of hours, they could come back with nothing, or a collection. That's why I left out Guns, because I know that will Never happen, so at least with Archery and Traps, it could be a little better.
    Maybe added in a Werewolves GP I guess I'll settle for decoration just then but I want:
    Deer Antlers, Moose Head, a Bear Head, Wolf Head, Cougar Head, A Boar Head, Bear Fur Rug, Wolf fur Rug/Blanket. Just the decor to make all animal lovers and vegans cringe.

And That's what I was thinking about archery, You could tie it with Woodworking The Higher Your Archery Skill & Woodworking the better types and designs of Bow and Arrows you can craft.

Same with Blacksmithing and Sword fighting/Fencing the Better your skills the more types and styles of Swords you can craft.

I ultimately would like some weaponry in the game. I get that they're trying to keep the game light hearted and feel good, But making my sims and their lives have a dark edgy makes me Happy and feel good. >:)
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

Archery
    Hunting
    Jewelry Crafting
    Black Smithing
    Sword Fighting & Fencing
    Thievery
    Soccer
    Wine & Beer Making

Archery yas though I feel like they'd just leave it level darts though can't see them adding actual hunting in game
    because they are always avoiding direct killing of anything in the game :confused:

blacksmith could tie in with swordplay like you'd make swords and use them to practice swordplay

I know I just think I would be fun to collect, Animal Head Mounts, Like we do with Fish Mounts & Bird Feathers.
    and they could do it as a rabbit hole activity. Like if your in Granite Falls and you click on your sim and have them "Go Hunting" and maybe after a couple of hours, they could come back with nothing, or a collection. That's why I left out Guns, because I know that will Never happen, so at least with Archery and Traps, it could be a little better.
    Maybe added in a Werewolves GP I guess I'll settle for decoration just then but I want:
    Deer Antlers, Moose Head, a Bear Head, Wolf Head, Cougar Head, A Boar Head, Bear Fur Rug, Wolf fur Rug/Blanket. Just the decor to make all animal lovers and vegans cringe.

And That's what I was thinking about archery, You could tie it with Woodworking The Higher Your Archery Skill & Woodworking the better types and designs of Bow and Arrows you can craft.

Same with Blacksmithing and Sword fighting/Fencing the Better your skills the more types and styles of Swords you can craft.

I ultimately would like some weaponry in the game. I get that they're trying to keep the game light hearted and feel good, But making my sims and their lives have a dark edgy makes me Happy and feel good. >:)

I mean can't blame since I like my game dark too >:)
    except my interest is in killing sims not the animals :sweat_smile:

I think they could possibly add like some ground trap you could not see inside of (since they hate blood) and then some animal could go in it and you could go and shoot at the trap thing with bow like ''you killed it'' and there be some gathering things animation and then something would show up in your inventory I think that could be censored enough for ts4 maybe

and it would be really cool to make the bows on woodworking table too id love that

Archery
    Hunting
    Jewelry Crafting
    Black Smithing
    Sword Fighting & Fencing
    Thievery
    Soccer
    Wine & Beer Making

I think they could possibly add like some ground trap you could not see inside of (since they hate blood) and then some animal could go in it and you could go and shoot at the trap thing with bow like ''you killed it'' and there be some gathering things animation and then something would show up in your inventory I think that could be censored enough for ts4 maybe

and it would be really cool to make the bows on woodworking table too id love that

Right, Just to clarify I'm not that sadistic, I actually designed a chunk of my Characters to actually be Hunters. Primarily Supernatural Hunters, but they Hunt wild life also to cover up their tracks. So I thought it would work, since I'm having a Supernatural Date the Daughter of a Hunter, and he walks into their home and it's just decorated with animal mounts and pelts, So even if they Just do the archery and Sword fighting skill + expand wood working and add Blacksmithing I'd be happy, I'm sure I can find a mod or something to take care of the rest after that point.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

• wrenstaleswrenstales Posts: 777 Member
    Ceramics
    Foraging berries
    Art n craft

Archery
    Hunting
    Jewelry Crafting
    Black Smithing
    Sword Fighting & Fencing
    Thievery
    Soccer
    Wine & Beer Making

Right, Just to clarify I'm not that sadistic, I actually designed a chunk of my Characters to actually be Hunters. Primarily Supernatural Hunters, but they Hunt wild life also to cover up their tracks. So I thought it would work, since I'm having a Supernatural Date the Daughter of a Hunter, and he walks into their home and it's just decorated with animal mounts and pelts, So even if they Just do the archery and Sword fighting skill + expand wood working and add Blacksmithing I'd be happy, I'm sure I can find a mod or something to take care of the rest after that point.

actually better idea: how about making wiggling bush object that would show up randomly and your sims would shoot at that and depending on their skill level they would catch something and go gather it or nah I think that would be very realistic way but also very censored way
  • simpkeesimpkee Posts: 49 Member
    Somewhat related, more survival skills (besides hunting) that'd be cool. Or gymnastics/acrobatics
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I'd love to:
    1. Own alpaca/llama farm (alpacas are better tho personally xD)
    2. Sewing (clothes, plushies, clothes for plushies...)
    3. Jewel crafting (making pendants, rings, earrings, piercings, etc)
    Angellulu wrote: »
    I'd love to:
    1. Own alpaca/llama farm (alpacas are better tho personally xD)
    2. Sewing (clothes, plushies, clothes for plushies...)
    3. Jewel crafting (making pendants, rings, earrings, piercings, etc)

I just feel it's a tease llama mascots are a thing but llamas are not and this needs to change
  • WillKDavidWillKDavid Posts: 136 Member
    Martial arts
    Kite flying
    Archery
    edited June 2019
    Didn't they have kite flying in The Sims 2?
    WillKDavid wrote: »
    Martial arts
    Kite flying
    Archery

RC cars, planes or helicopters would be fun too. I am out of the game right now so I don't know if they have any of these things in TS4.
    simpkee wrote: »
    Or gymnastics/acrobatics

The acrobat career/skill in TS3 had some nice moves.
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    1. drums (and starting bands with guitar, piano, singers etc)
    2. knitting (and starting knitting circles. Retirement stuff pack??)
    3. improv (and starting troupes)
  • KaronKaron Posts: 2,332 Member
    Everything we had in Ambitions, please?! hahaha

• amber_ilumireamber_ilumire Posts: 1,714 Member
    I’d love a return of some of the hobbies that we had in ts2 free time. It was one of my favourite packs when it came out

1. Pottery and ceramics
    2. Sports
    3. Nature-based hobbies etc.
    I would like to see more fitness activities. Free weights, bench press, squat rack, etc.
  • FroggyKarenFroggyKaren Posts: 398 Member
    Top 3: Ballet, Nectar Making, and knitting