Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Duplicate Items

I have just the base game, no cc, completely updated yet while creating my sim I have duplicate items showing. Duplicate hats, and duplicate formal gowns. Same color options just showing twice. Any ideas why? And how can I fix this?

Comments

• Options
    AriaMad2AriaMad2 Posts: 1,380 Member
    I think that’s a bug. Try a game repair.
    F€€Ł ŦĦ€ ŴΔV€ ØF ŞØỮŇĐ, ΔŞ ƗŦ ĆŘΔŞĦ€Ş ĐØŴŇ

ĴØIŇ UŞ ĆØŇŞUΜ€ ŦĦ€ FŘUIŦ ØF ŦĦ€ ΜØŦĦ€Ř ΔŇĐ KŇØŴ P€ΔĆ€
  • Options
    EmmaVaneEmmaVane Posts: 7,847 Member
    edited June 2019
    ArilyBoo wrote: »
    I have just the base game, no cc, completely updated yet while creating my sim I have duplicate items showing. Duplicate hats, and duplicate formal gowns. Same color options just showing twice. Any ideas why? And how can I fix this?

There is 1 fedora hat that is duplicated since release, and one long satin gown with silver trim (fishtail hem, empire waist, halterneck).

It's because these items are also used by NPC/career unlockable outfits, I believe. I think they messed up the tagging.

If it's other things as well, then I have no idea.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    My inventory shows duplicates of some of the scientist career stuff but I actually only have one of each.

Another thing I have going on is that I somehow had over 99 of each of the seasonal seed packets in household inventory. Got rid of them all, but now I'm showing 20 or so of each in household inventory again. I'll have to check next time I'm in game, but I think I have a harvestfest gnome in there ; could that be causing the issue?
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    My inventory shows duplicates of some of the scientist career stuff but I actually only have one of each.

Another thing I have going on is that I somehow had over 99 of each of the seasonal seed packets in household inventory. Got rid of them all, but now I'm showing 20 or so of each in household inventory again. I'll have to check next time I'm in game, but I think I have a harvestfest gnome in there ; could that be causing the issue?

The duplicates in inventory is a bug I've had from traveling. Opening and closing the inventory usually fixes it, and it will show the correct numbers again.

I don't think gnomes will spread seed packets in household inventory, at least none have done so for me :o I always put the gnomes there after harvestfest is over, and no seeds have ever spawned. I usually drag those packets to my sims inventory and open them.
  • Options
    sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    I've seen this in household inventories, but like @Kathykins said, opening and closing the inventory fixes it, so far.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie
  • Options
    ArilyBooArilyBoo Posts: 346 Member
    The Fedora Hat and Formal gown is two...but I also have duplicates of other things as well. If this is normal to everyone though then I'll disregard it.
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    The Fedora Hat and Formal gown is two...but I also have duplicates of other things as well. If this is normal to everyone though then I'll disregard it.

I'll check it out next time I'm in CAS but so far I can't say I've noticed any duplicates. My sims don't wear those hats, and rarely the fancy gowns.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,671 Member
    edited June 2019
    Recently my sims often have duplicate of all in their inventory. I think it duplicates when they travel to another lot, but it fixes itself within one minute, so I can live with it. When I see it I just wait before I use anything from the inventory. Switching tabs might help. It started less than a week ago, when or right after I installed Jungle Adventure and Spa Day.

Did not see this in CAS though, so maybe not related...
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    EmmaVane wrote: »

There is 1 fedora hat that is duplicated since release, and one long satin gown with silver trim (fishtail hem, empire waist, halterneck).

It's because these items are also used by NPC/career unlockable outfits, I believe. I think they messed up the tagging.

If it's other things as well, then I have no idea.

It's nice to know why that dress is there twice finally
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    I had the duplicate inventory as well. I never noticed until I started playing Strangerville and when I went to travel and looked in the inventory, everything has doubled.