The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Please add COUPLE DANCE

SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,939 Member
edited June 2019 in The Sims 4 Game Feedback
we are 7 EPs in game
and yet sims can't do couple dance of any kind?

like all I am asking for is to have couple dance alternatives to single dances

Base Game: Slow dance
Rumbasim(JA) = Rumba
Get together dances = Club Dance

or even just a basic wedding dance of some sort
⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
Post edited by Simmingal on

Please add COUPLE DANCE 225 votes

Please add them
98%
Akl500PIdontrcallIcewolfLaBlue0314Jaline33sunhair2008sketchesMadameLeePseudonymsAyradysslisamwittCamkatBreeNillaPlayerSinger2010VibsexMintWritin_RegAlrynnkeekee53WillowG145 221 votes
Nah I'm fine with my couples dancing ''5 feet apart because they're not gay''
1%
friendlysimmersBagoas77TodilooTotallyABrobot 4 votes

Comments

• EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Please add them
    Yeah I really miss slow dancing. It made relationships seem real and genuine.

I would also love for them to add some seductive, "dirty dancing" for couples B)
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2019
    Please add them
    I would like to see this. It would be great if we could get a wedding stuff pack that added this as a new gameplay feature. It seems many of the kiss/hug/embrace interactions could be translated into slow dancing and the passionate kiss animation could be turned into a dip. It would be really cute, and we sure could use some fresh wedding clothes and decor.
  • AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Please add them

I would also love for them to add some seductive, "dirty dancing" for couples B)

And for Sims with the unflirty trait to get uncomfortable!
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,939 Member
    Please add them

exactly I can't even count the hours I made my sims couple dance in past sims games it was like my favourite couple interaction and now it does not even exist
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,966 Member
    Please add them
    I wait for this since release of TS4!
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    Please add them
    Until they add this officially there's a great mod that adds slow dancing for couples. It even comes with the dance close and kiss options during the dance.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    edited June 2019
    Please add them
    Well, The Sims 4 gives me the option to write a list of 1000 things that I found ridiculous to be completely honest!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Please add them
    Please please please! TS4 has no end date? So take advantage of it to make it great!
    Lu4ERme.gif
    Please add them
    Until they add this officially there's a great mod that adds slow dancing for couples. It even comes with the dance close and kiss options during the dance.

yeah that is like only mod I always have in my game
    because I just can't live without couple dancing but also it really should be added to game though
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    Please add them
    Absolutely. I'd love to see slow dancing and club dancing together, at least.
  • storminmaystorminmay Posts: 137 Member
    Please add them
    Shower woohoo too, plz!
    Origin/Gallery ID: storminmay

The Venegas-Chan Family Tree
  • TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Please add them

If you could share the name of the mod, that'd be great.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Nah I'm fine with my couples dancing ''5 feet apart because they're not gay''
    no thank you i clearly do not see anything wrong with how it is in the sims4
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    Please add them
    I want swing dance!

giphy.gif
    tumblr_o1i4gkWcWR1ugfyvao1_400.gif
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    Please add them
    I have the mod so my sims can slow dance. No club in my youth ever had people dancing so far apart from each other. I don't know how clubs are now but I find it hard to believe that if you can't touch fingers when you reach your arms out then that is an acceptable distance to dance any more. I suspect that the devs have never gone clubbing ever.

I would add mosh pits for sims like Wolfgang Munch and some great punk genre music too. When I was younger I would go to The Ramones, The Clash, Marylin Manson and more and jump in the pit or "death walls" those were fun times.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Please add them
    I'm of a vintage where couple dancing in some form was (apart from special/cultural types) how people danced. The in-game form is little more than exercise to music. Perhaps sims should get fitness skill as well and dancing skill. The one that consists of waving one's cell phone in the air is quite silly looking and pointless. Go back to what works, couples!
    Please add them
    I'm of a vintage where couple dancing in some form was (apart from special/cultural types) how people danced. The in-game form is little more than exercise to music. Perhaps sims should get fitness skill as well and dancing skill. The one that consists of waving one's cell phone in the air is quite silly looking and pointless. Go back to what works, couples!

Yeah also feel like lots of dances in this game just look off cuz sims being too extra
    (get together especially it was supposed to be lit and all but no one dances at club like that sorry (unless its zumba club))

but then I got JA and I found RUMBA SIM so my life was saved because I love rumba sim and its perfection

I feel sad they didn't add hula for IL too because now im pretty sure we won't get it

but overall I just am annoyed my sims can't couple dance because it would add so much to my game to just have that
    and maybe I would actually do parties with my sims instead of just ignoring them completely
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Please add them
    In view of the cultural basis of IL to not have the hula is unthinkable. Has no one at EA been to Hawaii? Did they not listen to the advisors they brag about having consulted? To the topic, couple dancing is part of the whole romancing thing, one more way to be in close proximity to one's sweetie, and as others have posted expands and enlivens things. Perhaps the current state of things is another symptom of us being in a culture that minimizes humanizing inter-personal contact.
  • AceOfKnavesAceOfKnaves Posts: 173 Member
    edited June 2019
    Please add them
    Yes, please. This would've been a great addition to the Romantic Garden or Vintage Glamour packs and it's a shame we need a mod in order to achieve it. I rather like the idea of a Father-daughter dance too, it would make them feel more like they're part of a family. Swinging and Salsa dancing are nice as well.

And bring back the dip kiss! It was old fashioned but very romantic, I thought. It could be included as long as the slow dancing animation is playing for a little extra fun.

@TomasGrizzly It's the Slow Dance mod by Sacrificial. At least the one I'm using is.
  • ShadowbirdShadowbird Posts: 2 New Member
    Please add them
    I would LOVE to see more couples related things. The dancing as it is now is kinda weird, like everyone has their back turned to each other, and when you click "dance together" you'd expect them to be a little closer that 10 feet away. I always wanted to see hold hands while walking together too, or at LEAST walk side by side, but Sims are always separated and walking far off ahead or behind each other. Another thing that I miss from Sims 2 is the "spoon" while sleeping animation that couples would do, its a simple thing but its so adorable.
  • PhillipaErdnussPhillipaErdnuss Posts: 73 Member
    Please add them
    I loved this feature in the sims 2. I miss it really in the sims 4. I feel that my sims themselves miss it! So, please add that sims can dance together, no matter if they are in a relationship with each other or not.
    Phillipa Erdnuss
    Mayoress of SimCity and all associated districts
    Let this cart-button disappear!
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Option not presented: Only if the clipping isn't outrageous as soon as my Sim is plus-sized. That would be horrid. And I suspect it's why we don't already have it.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    Please add them
    Option not presented: Only if the clipping isn't outrageous as soon as my Sim is plus-sized. That would be horrid. And I suspect it's why we don't already have it.

Do you find the other instances of clipping to be unacceptable then? I mean this game has poor collision detection and Sims clip through objects, clothing, hair, other sims, you name it. Would this one additional instance REALLY be a deal breaker for you??
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    Please add them
    I would like to see this feature in TS4 as well.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    Please add them
    its on the top of my list I would like it to be a skill and for them to step on each other feet at first and then be amazing at it
    but honestly I be happy with just a sweet slow dance
    more for sim kids and more drama please
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top