Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Do you still have hope?

Do you still have hope that the core issues with this game will be fixed or do you think this will never happen i’m talking about lack of personalities consequences and better working emotions
Please comment why you chose what you did

Do you still have hope? 465 votes

Yes i feel like this will be fixed
10%
BluegayleSara1010PIceyJaelias24SimmySimianPlayerSinger2010VibseMariefoxprice83JnyxCeres_MeirionaLadyTigresssazzieJpajamajam07Foxrox77GorgeoiousXxAirixX3KNPenDoloresGreyBMSOSigzy05 48 votes
No it’s to late
45%
CK213Stdlr9nickibitswardrudy8292julienrob2004Bluefairy286Jaline33Bluebeard45Jessa_DakkarMartinvColorist40AyradyssAllearsAprilDawnlisamwittoveronknuckledusterCamkatIllandryatanakaki 211 votes
I don’t know i hope so
36%
Akl500PpookysimsloverGoldmoldaricmnfrshKita5399IcewolfJaseaprilroseAnfernee93PqtnikkiBreeNillaGoodywoodAlrynnSimburianshellbemeGdurmababajaynehappysimmer2007GoldenBuffynolurk 171 votes
I don’t think anything needs to be fixed
7%
storyydanacnbrettWritin_RegBloosmoofriendlysimmersMellisenda2MissyHissyJennyggPlumbobCrossingmordarlarpegasusventriceguvenkarabagli9SindocatQueenMercyEnkiSchmidtGrouchybeastKiwicantdieDyingLightCaityCupcakes10Chazzzy 35 votes

Comments

• PrincipleOfEntropyPrincipleOfEntropy Posts: 389 Member
    No it’s to late
    I can't see them doing an overhaul of the emotions system when they can't fix smaller issues like persistent bugs.
    I want to be hopeful, but the track record for the series at this point in terms of fixes gives me no reason to be.
    Madotsuki-Chair-Spin.gif
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i do not think anything needs to be fix the game is perfect as it is
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    No it’s to late
    The game engine is why the core things I want fixed can not be fixed.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,906 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    New traits are being added all the time with various new packs which should have added impact on the emotions being shown but it all seems a bit "loose" at the moment. It looks like the basic emotional aspects from the base game are lagging behind and need to be worked on to catch up. It's as if they are unfinished, waiting for future developments.

There are some really nice emotional interactions in Cats and Dogs which affect mood for example. I'm finding it getting better after all packs added and the game has more depth than I thought. It's rather like we'll probably get more "death" emotional reactions if they supply us with a cemetary and mausoleum in the future but they should have been there from the beginning.
  • TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    No it’s to late
    I don't think they'll fix the core gameplay its been 5 years. I hope I'm wrong but I feel if they were going to bring us unique and smarter sims they would have done it by now.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    No it’s to late
    I’ve been wanting freed babies forever, for example. Still haven’t gotten any updated babies, so I doubt most other core stuff would be updated.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Now I wouldn't go as far as saying that nothing at all needs to be fixed, but this comes closest to how I feel about this issue.

Musical Chairs and the constant sitting down during conversations, for example, are/were a big problem for me. At them moment I have a mod to deal with it, but the next big patch is already around the corner, so we all know what will happen to it :'(
    But I always was and am still fine with the core, because several of the big problems just do not come up in my game. I'm too much of a micromanager to wish for independent sims personalities or moveable babies. Even simulation lag takes a long time to rear its ugly head in a no-autonomy game.
  • Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    No it’s to late
    It's a perpetually, self-winding mechanism of disappointment.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2019
    No it’s to late
    No, if it hasn't dawned on them by now (TS4 is Five in two months) after all the threads about it then there isn't any hope at all. Why would they do that when in a few weeks they will be ending support for the low end machines and they won't be able to get any new packs and possibly they won't be able to get patches, or new content, either.

I mean how can they patch a 32bit game with things that will be affecting new packs in bug patches etc.? How are they going to separate all that? So, no, they have no intentions of changing the core of the Sim at this late in the game's life span. Five years of ignoring the major complaints of this game proves they have never even thought about it or possibly don't even understand the backlash at all.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    There are some bugs that I think can and will be fixed, even if it takes longer than some are willing to wait. But I think the mechanics of the game itself are just fine as is - that's just me personally, I know a lot of people think the game is awful and tbh I am not sure why they still play in that case. I love this game!

Of course, I'd love for there to be more in-depth personalities, zodiac compatibility, and a wider variety of emotions... but the lack of those things never weigh on my mind while I play. The only thing I ever got frustrated over not having in my game was the pool tool. But they added that, and I've lived on and played happily ever since. I love the addition of new free content, and paid content as well (though I wish it wasn't so expensive).

Overall, I don't think the game needs "fixing."
  • xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    I agree with @storyy .
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No it’s to late
    storyy wrote: »
    There are some bugs that I think can and will be fixed, even if it takes longer than some are willing to wait. But I think the mechanics of the game itself are just fine as is - that's just me personally, I know a lot of people think the game is awful and tbh I am not sure why they still play in that case. I love this game!

Of course, I'd love for there to be more in-depth personalities, zodiac compatibility, and a wider variety of emotions... but the lack of those things never weigh on my mind while I play. The only thing I ever got frustrated over not having in my game was the pool tool. But they added that, and I've lived on and played happily ever since. I love the addition of new free content, and paid content as well (though I wish it wasn't so expensive).

Overall, I don't think the game needs "fixing."

:) I should wait three more years for the detective career to be fixed? It's been broken in my game since 2017. In other people's games it's been broken even longer. But I didn't see the bug until 2017 (never played with mods or cc). There are bugs now in the Vampire pack been there since CL, and now new ones if someone owns GF (game breaking bugs concerning vamps). But I digress. As I said they aren't going to go back and enhance the Sim nor their silly emotions and traits.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    They've stated that there is no planned end date so I don't see how it can be too late for anything. There is time to fix all of the issues in the game, the only question is will they? Only time will tell, but I hope so.
  • storyystoryy Posts: 417 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    :) I should wait three more years for the detective career to be fixed? It's been broken in my game since 2017. In other people's games it's been broken even longer. But I didn't see the bug until 2017 (never played with mods or cc). There are bugs now in the Vampire pack been there since CL, and now new ones if someone owns GF (game breaking bugs concerning vamps). But I digress. As I said they aren't going to go back and enhance the Sim nor their silly emotions and traits.
    🌈🤗 I've never run into a detective career bug, and I've had the EP since it was released, so I can't speak to how long you'll have to wait.

I HAVE experienced the vampire bug where cured Sims will still experience nausea when they eat human food, but luckily, I am not much of an occult player so I can avoid the issue until it is fixed. I understand that this is a major issue for other players, but I obviously can't speak on when it will get fixed.

I simply elaborated on my vote, my sympathies that you don't feel similarly.
  • BusufuBusufu Posts: 1,965 Member
    No it’s to late
    though I wish they would.
    Sul Sul!
    On my blog (German) you'll find two completed vampire stories 🦇 and an ongoing ghost story 👻.
    I'm also posting about my I'm surrounded by idi🤪ts! - challenge, in which I've now reached gen 9.
    Thanks for stopping by! 👋
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    ....honestly....I really don't think it will...but I have a small tiny bit of hope that it will...but...I really REALLY REALLY doubt it.
  • MelmackMelmack Posts: 212 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I'm not usually a pessimist. But I'm starting to lean that way in regards to this game. I still have hope, but its fading fast.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    Seems like they are busy pushing new content rather than reworking old feature. But we do received gardening overhaul a year ago.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Renato10Renato10 Posts: 472 Member
    No it’s to late
    For various reasons I lost my entire hope in The Sims 4 and Im afraid that I also losted hope for the future of the franchise. And believe me... I feel sad to write this!
  • MindsimscreateMindsimscreate Posts: 414 Member
    No it’s to late
    To make this clear, I really like the sims 4 at the end of the day no matter what. I play it almost everyday, and have invested hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours in my ts4 sims. I do however feel as if the personalities are greatly lacking. If you don’t have a vivid imagination, it will be very hard for you to play ts4 and enjoy it as much as somebody like me does. But that’s just my opinion. I’ve found ways around it.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited June 2019
    I don’t know i hope so
    I think it's never too late or too difficult. That was the attitude people had toward toddlers and pets, before they arrived. And I have to keep hopeful for my peace of mind.
    But we've been asking for this from the start, and still no changes have been made, and still new packs are coming out sacrificing substance for moodlets. That scares me.
    The personalities and reactions of the sims are, to me, the core of any sims game. Without an update like this, I would never feel satisfied with Sims 4. So I can only hope they're either working on it, or start doing so.
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I don't think they will ever fix personalities but who knows what can happen?
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    No it’s to late
    Even though it really needs an overhaul, I think we're too far in the game at this point.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    No it’s to late
    My answer isn’t in there so I voted the second best. My answer would be: no because they don’t care. And they don’t care because enough people don’t care.
    5JZ57S6.png
  • BreeNillaBreeNilla Posts: 160 Member
    I don’t know i hope so
    I don't have faith in the team to do this. It's unfortunate. They seem to be updating various other features like the color swatches, terrain manip and some careers, but they don't seem to know how to fix the sims, even though I've seen some very good suggestions on these forums.

If anything, we may see a toned down Happy emotion, since they've acknowledged that. But that doesn't really help the problem.
    8a597ff0f1eef1830795b3ae467ad12c6bb980ae.jpg
    I made a Sims 4 Save File set 15 years into the future using the premade sims by giving them family trees, storylines and lore, fixed and added relationships, and more!
    Check it out here! -> kookablarn.tumblr.com