Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS2 Players, What Did You Do With Darren Dreamer and Cassandra?

13...Next

Comments

• Styling_owlStyling_owl Posts: 20 Member
    Way back when I was nuts about Sims 2 (read 2005-2009) I always had Cassandra seek comfort with her good friend Darren after Don leaves her at the altar to move on and marrying Nina Caliente instead. Cass finally realizes she loves Darren and they get married in a small-ish wedding with the closest friends and family. They have two kids(a boy and a girl) and Cassandra makes splendid work as stepmother to Dirk.
    Darren is finally discovered as an artist and Cassandra climbs the ladder in her science career and celebrate many years together with kids and grandkids.
    w0qg79.jpg
    “I’m the Doctor! And I just snogged Madame de Pompadour!”

Origin: Owleye90 | Tumblr: Simscapades
  • Lady_EarthLady_Earth Posts: 187 Member
    I've had several versions. My first had Cassandra and Darren getting together and having a son named, Morpheus. Another I had Don and Cassandra marry and Don ended up being a surprisingly good father to his five kids. Darren ended up marrying Titania Summerdream (I do the Uberhoods), had a kid and then another via alien abduction.

Now that I'm playing the game again for the first time in years (still doing the Uberhood), who knows what will happen.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I’m usually “meh” about love triangles, and the, “best friend’s The One™️ after all” sub-trope to that has been done so much that it grates on me, so I always have Cassandra reject Darren and then set them up with other sims. I’m really fond of Darren x Brandi Broke, personally. I’m pretty sure I’ve only attempted Darren x Cassandra once, and he left her at the altar like Don! She was stood up three times. Three! And the latter two happened all because the environment need was in the red due to me neglecting the landscaping, lol. TS2 sims are fickle.
  • Hecate90Hecate90 Posts: 53 Member
    I made Cassandra and Don get married, and made sure Don was a "reformed character" after that. I ended up making everyone married in Pleasantview. Almost every female Sim fell pregnant and their kids had kids and so on.
  • SeloBeeSeloBee Posts: 177 Member
    I didn't really make a plan honestly, I decided to see how the opening scene when you first enter the Goth residence played out and I would go from there. Well, Don left Cassandra :lol: so I figured I'd let her and Darren get married and such since they did seem like a very cute couple. Dirk went off to Uni while Cassandra popped out a couple kids lol I'm hoping to get Alexander with Lilith in Uni; idk why but they just seem like they'd be an adorable little gothy couple :lol:
    The world is quiet here
  • BessiebooBessieboo Posts: 199 Member
    Cassandra and Don got married and had a daughter but eventually after all his extra marital affairs she left him. Darren dated Brandi for a bit as they had 3 lightening bolts. Eventually Brandi married a townie ( Mr big) and Darren finally won Cassandra's heart. They are now married with twin girls and Darleen ghost walks around with angry think bubbles of the twins.
  • DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 469 Member
    I usually hook up Cassandra and Darren too, recently I’ve gotten Don to get Cassandra pregnant because they make a cute son together (He’s usually a boy) and then after the son grows into a child I get Cassandra and Darren to get married... They haven’t had a kid yet. Oh and Darren’s dead wife comes back to life to have an affair with Don... Don gets EVERY woman in Pleasantview because once I make him over he’s a lady killer... Also yes he fathers quite a few kids.

Poor Dirk it’s a good thing he has his friend Dustin and his girlfriend Lilith and if I’m in the mood a boyfriend and if I had my way Lilith would watch (I need to find a poly relationship mod)
  • dezoutlouddezoutloud Posts: 35 Member
    I just started a game where I resurrected Cassandra's mom Bella Goth and I had Cassandra catch Don and Nina and then break up with Don, and now Bella is about to leave Mortimer for hooking up with Dina while she was gone. Cassandra is going to get with Darren (It takes literally one romantic interaction between them to make them fall in love due to their preexisting relationship score) and I'll send Darren's kid off to college once they move in together. Dina and Nina both broke up with Don and Dina moved out because she hated Nina for sleeping with him too. So far it's been quite interesting XD
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Interesting stories everyone!
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • EcaEca Posts: 155 Member
    I sometimes choose to resurrect Darleen Dreamer and Skip Broke, make them marry their spouses, and never make Cassandra and Darren together.
    I also made Brandi Broke and Darren Dreamer marry once, in a game when their children married Pleasant twins.
    I don't think Cassandra and Darren would be a good couple.
    giphy.gif
    Crystal Cover from Tumblr
  • Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think they got married when I first played the game.

However, after EAxis gave the Collector's edition away in 2014 things changed:
    Darren has a son with Nina Caliente. He is called Don-Juan.
    Cassandra got married to a Sim I created, Georg von Sonnenburg, and has two sets of twins with him:
    - Jael Corona and Cornelius Goth
    - Malvina and Simeon Lot Goth.
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • kittykibble91kittykibble91 Posts: 1 New Member
    In my most recent play Cassandra married Don, they had a son together before catching him with Nina and divorcing. Cassandra finally decided to give into her feelings for Darren and they got married and had twins, a boy and a girl. Shortly after the twins aged up to children, Darren was taking out the trash one night, while I was focusing on another sim he died outside, I was never sure why, but I'm assuming it was a ghost scare since they were living at the haunted Goth mansion, but there was also a wolf outside... Eventually Cassandra found a random townie and remarried, since she kept rolling the want for it. She ended up having an accidental baby just before she became an elder (I have ACR). Now she's living with her husband, teen daughter and her oldest 3 children are graduated from college and married, she also has a granddaughter.
  • MagnezoneMagnezone Posts: 212 Member
    I tend to get Cassandra with Darren after she finds out Don is a cheater and divorces him, but I played recently with her sticking with Don, and Darren instead rolling a want to marry Nina Caliente after she took him on a date. It was... unusual.
    My blog full of things that never get finished!
    XVlamuQ.png
    Magnezone, the lover of Calientes, Lotharios, Landgraabs and Curiouses everywhere.
    Magnezone wrote: »
    I tend to get Cassandra with Darren after she finds out Don is a cheater and divorces him, but I played recently with her sticking with Don, and Darren instead rolling a want to marry Nina Caliente after she took him on a date. It was... unusual.

Oh, don't let Nina get her gold digging hands on Darren. ;)
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • BrittanyChick22BrittanyChick22 Posts: 2,130 Member
    aww remember i tried hooking her up with Darren too, but their relationship didn't go anywhere so they didn't end up to together and she didn't end up with don either.
    giphy.gif

• ChoerrysRoachChoerrysRoach Posts: 35 Member
    Had Cassandra break up with Don and had Darren & Cassandra go on dates and be a happy couple but Dirk hated Cassandra he got over it and they were a happy family Cassandra had a kid with Don before they broke up though Darren was a good stepdad to her.
    chips-ahoy-chipsahoy-chi-literally-nobody-chips-ahoy-stan-loona-45479729.png
  • DevalaousDevalaous Posts: 1,286 Member
    I dont think ive ever let them hook up, despite the game's scripting heavily implying this is what should happen. I stick to canon things where possible, and I dont know if these two canonically hook up. I do know that Don canonically leaves Cassandra, his own household is scripted to have him carry on romantic pursuits all over town, despite his engagement; all that is lost if if he actually accepts the marriage on the Goth's lot (in my game, I had to reset multiple times, he kept NOT running away. "Don Goth" looks so very wrong!)

In my last proper attempt at running Pleasantview longterm, before my harddrive got wiped by someone, I had Darren and Cassandra still friends, but I didnt want to force anything; sims can fall for pretty much anyone very easily. I was only going to let it happen if they actually did things themselves. Theres also the matter of Darleen; Darren is quite clearly haunted by her death, and having Darleen playable in Lucky Palms, where she gets together with Darren and has a happy life until her death, makes it all the more sadder. Resurrection exists in the game, and I think he would jump at the chance to bring her back. (Nevermind the fact that due to muckups in the code before release, the Darleen in his graveyard has the wrong relationship values with him, and they wont be so loveydovey with each other post resurrection unless you fix those values with SimPE. There is a seperate deleted Darleen in the code that has the real relationship values, they were quite high I beleive!)
    Rebuilding Sims 2 inside Sims 3 one lot and sim at a time.

See my Sims 3 studio for latest progress.
    Yeah @Devalaous you are right I never did resurrect anyone because it would really corrupt a lot of things and best let the dead stay dead, if you can't use the Reaper phone on them.
  • AleksandraAleksiaAleksandraAleksia Posts: 20 Member
    I reset my neighborhoods a lot because the starting premades are so good. Depending on which premade I start with depends on how I do the Cass/Darren/Don thing.

If I start with Darren, I have him become enemies with Don and fight it out to win her heart, making that playboy run away like a coward.

If I start with Don, I have him marry her. He still cheats on her on the daily, but an 'accident' happens so then he gets stuck with a kid. She basically turns into a single mother even when she's married to Don, while he runs around flirting with every other female Sim in town. She turns to the 'Juice' eventually, and I make her relationship with the kid plummet with arguments. The kid becomes a town punk, bad grades, flunks college, but eventually picks themselves up as an adult and becomes a better parent than their parents.

If I start with Cass, that means I start with Don leaving her at the altar. After she gets devastated by that, she basically swears off love and marriage. Now, I go one way or the other with this scenario. If I'm feeling nice, I'll let her slowly ease back into love with Darren, eventually helping her figure out that he's not Don, so he won't hurt her. But if I'm not feeling nice, I'll just make her a hermit for the rest of her life, painting and reading and making a few enemies because she just can't handle social situations well anymore.

I've been playing their stories like this since I was a kid.... I was a really weird kid.
  • Demery27Demery27 Posts: 222 Member
    In my game Darleen was resurrected by her granddaughter from a Genie she's engaged to Darren. Cassandra and Don got Married and had a baby named after Her father.
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    After Don left Cassandra at the altar, I had her use the match maker service. She paid the highest amount, and it brought her Chester Gieke. They're currently married and saving up to buy a larger house for themselves.

Darren, although he still has a massive crush on Cassandra, met the recently widowed and fairly wealthy Lisa Ramirez from Bluewater Village. They're living together in Lisa's house, with Lisa's daughter Tessa and Darren's son Dirk, plus a very angry ghost Chico.
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
    Interesting choices. How did Mrs. Ramirez become a widow? lol A little help? :D
  • GoulsquashGoulsquash Posts: 715 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »

He died repairing the stereo and any rumours that state otherwise are completely false ;)
    My Blog - Currently updating Aurora Skies!
    Goulsquash wrote: »
    Cinebar wrote: »

He died repairing the stereo and any rumours that state otherwise are completely false ;)

ROFL, thanks giving me a hardy laugh. :D
  • cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited September 2019
    So I played recently and what happened in mine was Don and cassandra got married, surprisingly don didn't run away, they were happy for a bit but than Mortimer married Dina and things got interesting. Don and Dina kept their affair going while living under one roof and for awhile Mortimer and Cassandra were clueless. Cassandra came home and found Don and Dina together and was so outraged she left home. Mortimer didn't believe her so he stayed with Dina, especially since she was pregnant. She ended up giving birth to twin boys the Mortimer sadly discovered looked nothing like him and realized for himself that Cassandra was right. The twins were Don's and not his so he kicked Dina out with the twins. Made up with Cassandra who was now living with/engaged to Darren Dreamer