Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

S4 BuildnShare Winners Circle

Comments

• BuildnShareBuildnShare Posts: 4,061 Member
    HVCdrRO.png
    Established Results for #BnS 118 – Spring Designer Showdown

@iampes23
    R30X5Dy.png
    The Goth’s Villa Reno is a very grand achievement! The lighter colors on the exterior certainly give the home a more welcoming feel. Your floor plan is great and the rooms are large. It’s great that you were able to give Mortimer his own office and the music and sun rooms are nice touches. The master suite on the 3rd floor is sure to impress. Well done!

Suggestions:
    For me the interiors felt very disjointed. I would have liked to have seen a more formal aesthetic in the entertaining areas (dining room, formal living room w/out TV) and then keep the relax setting in the family areas (family room, bedrooms, etc). Your landscaping also seemed very modern to me, with sharp square edges. Overall this is a very well executed build.

@SheriGR
    I3ohCik.jpg
    Seaside Ophelia Villa is a stunning seaside Victorian. The grounds are very well laid out and the gazebo is a great addition. The interior changes are subtle and well thought out. Your color pallet is great and fits very well with the seaside location and the Victorian era home. The addition to the top floor was much needed and well executed. Nice execution of the roofing. Your build was very well thought out and cohesive through out, great job!

Suggestions:
    Overall a nicely finished build with a lot of details. However there were some things that jumped out at me, that could take it to the next level. By the gazebo I saw some tropical plants that looked out of place, try to landscape with plants that fit into the lot’s location. In the kitchen you placed the dishwasher in a cabinet that allowed the side of the dishwasher to be visible. You can fix this by placing a wall (half or whole) at the end of the cabinets (or place the dishwasher over by the sink). I would have liked to have seen some tile used on the walls, not all of them, maybe just the wall with the stove or maybe just at the stove…… just a personal preference.

@wildflower1971
    1jPH8QY.jpg
    Spring at Ophelia Villa is a grand renovation. The atriums are a thoughtful addition and wrapping the porches all the way around to the back is inspired. Nice front garden and entry way. Great use of plants for décor. Your interiors are spacious, bright and airy. The clutter gives a lived in feel. Nice furniture placement and your color pallet is great. Well done!

Suggestions:
    There were a few things that jumped out at me. The modern awning on the front of the build really looks out of place. Your front garden is really overgrown and then the rest of the lot is pretty much untouched, except for a few trees. The wrap around porch is great, but you didn’t give it a purpose (make it a destination), the same can be said about the roof deck.

@Devilariah
    cwYUJl4.png
    La Villa Gothique is a complete different vision of Ophelia Villa. The Gothic Victorian is gone and in it’s place is a light and bright Mediterranean villa. Wow what a transformation. So much to look at. You certainly took advantage of the unlimited budget. You have created numerous destinations in your outdoor landscaping. Your build is so very opulent. I was surprised by the addition of the basement. Your interiors keep with the Mediterranean feel with the pastel colors. I think you have pretty much every style represented in the furnishings and somehow it seems to work. Your floor plan works very well. To be honest I couldn’t even see where the original Goth foot print was until I got to the overhead shots.

Suggestions:
    You obviously put a great deal of time into this build. There are only a few suggestions that I would like to make. You put a rock border all around the outside of the lot except where the playground equipment and the fire pit areas are. This makes these areas feel like they are not part of the landscaping. I also feel that you may have gone overboard with the spandrels. The spandrels that are not used in conjuction with a roof just seem excesive and unnecessary.

@saphiresong
    fNmISGl.png
    Ophelia Villa Reno is very streamlined. A Modern from a Victorian, what a bold choice. Great job with the front fountain and entry way. The indoor spaces are large and the floor plan flows well. Your color choices are high contrast and exactly what you would expect in a Modern home. Nice balcony and deck areas. The shaded area next to the pool is a great touch. Nice build!

Suggestions:
    I really had a hard time judging your build, because of the lack of exterior pics. Please include shots of the build from all sides, you only gave me a front view pic. I have no idea what your build looks like from the sides or the back. Also when taking the overhead pics, please have the walls up.

@pinkusfamily
    vXIEfn4.png
    Ophelia StrangerVilla is a very majestic manor. Nice work with the exterior wall textures and colors. The interior colors and object choices were great! The floor plan and layout are great. It is great that you were able to give Mortimer a private office for his writing. Your clutter choices and placement are great! My favorite areas are the 3rd floor boy’s room and the hedge maze. Great job with the roofing. Your build is very cohesive and looks great!

Suggestions:
    My only suggestion would be perhaps to move the house back a little bit to allow a more formal landscaping in the front, but that is just my personal preference. Well done!

@SimTresa
    1I3ENVk.png
    Let the Sun Shine In is a very romantic renovation of Ophelia Villa. Bright and airy with splashes of yellow through out! I liked that you went with more of a contemporary style of decorating. Your object choices are well thought out and fir the Goth’s well. There is a comfortable homey feel in this build. Your outdoor spaces look great. Lovely build!

Suggestions:
    Your terrain paint has improved, but it could still use some refinement. All of your landscaping seems to be against the home and you realy don’t have any other plants. More plants (especially trees) out in the lot gives the build more depth and realism.

@Allears
    aNXU1eU.png
    Goths go Southwestern is a very unique reno. The colors and textures of the exterior wall coverings are very fitting for the Southwest United States. The large covered porches are a necessity in the Southwest. The tiled patio with the pool and outdoor fireplace is great. Your object choices and colors are very indicative of this style. Your layout works very well and that 3rd floor is awesome!

Suggestions:
    Just a few minor suggestions. I would have liked to have seen some area rugs in the outdoor areas to define the spaces. It would have been nice to have a break in the rear patio for some trees to provide some shade (a rare commodity in the SW). One last thing the large porch would have been a great place for some ceiling fans. That’s all.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @pinkusfamily
    2nd Place goes to: @SheriGR

nUp6TEs.png

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@Devilariah
    goHOhib.png
    Springtime Bedroom is a bright and cheerful bedroom. There are lots of designated activity areas and views all around. I imagine that Mortimer and Bella would see very little of Cassandra, as she would probably never leave this room. Well done!

And the winner is… @Devilariah

GgIzzNF.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Devilariah
    KXUJU7g.png
    Your Goth (van de Kerkhof) family is certainly refreshing and bright. I like your new look and clothing choices for the family. Just enough to be fresh, but still recognizable. Your pics of the family adjusting to their new home and new looks are great. Well done!

@Pinkusfamily
    XMIbKEI.png
    Your Goth family looks very much like a renaissance family. Mortimer looks as though he is going through a pirate phase (very romantic). I like that a lot of Mortimer’s and Bella’s apparel appears to be vintage while the clothes for the kids is playful. Great Job

GgIzzNF.png
    3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    @AlJay congrats to your dormitory win! Great build! Love your sign in the front!
    Congrats to your Ophelia win @pinkusfamily and placing second @SheriGR!
    Congrats to winning the room and simmies @Devilariah!

All the builds in "The spring showdown" were great! So fun to see what came out of the same shell we all started with. More like that please @BuildnShare :p
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2019
    Thank you so much for the congrats, @mannanna , and your room is amazing... congratulations to you!! Thank you for your helpful feedback and encouraging and kind words, @BuildnShare ! We appreciate all of the time and thoughtfulness you put into the judging process! <3<3<3@pinkusfamily Congratulations on your lovely build! @AlJay - that 'Gold & Green' build is amazing! Well done, girl! @Mikkiness & @EmilieFlora , your build and room entries for the 'Gold & Green' build/room were very nice and I wish you a hearty congrats for work well done! @Allears Thank you so much for your congratulations and thoughtfulness! <3@13Vader Congrats on the win for your beautiful dorm! @PINKUSFAMILY ... and on your sim @Devilariah! Congratulations on your awesome dorm (love the brick - very classic) @Allears congrats... your room is wonderful, as usual!
    Post edited by SheriGR on
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for BnS119 - For The Old Gold & Green

@Designasim
    Pmks3FK.png
    Nice job of labeling the images in the slideshow. Love the theme of eco-friendly and recycled plastic siding and solar panels and flooring made from the trees felled to build the dorm! The ceiling break-up of glassed roof areas and solar panels is great.
    I think it is a clever trade-off and investment to not add decorations for the rooms of students not yet on campus but to make the refrigerators, toilets and showers unbreakable. Great that you thought of a fire exit! Per your comment - Going a bit ‘plain-Jane’ for the purpose of making a sensible, practical and use of the space is preferred to adding clever and unusable elements to a build – even in a competition. ;) Imho. The bedrooms and bathrooms look well laid out and practical. Your common areas have the theme colors (yay!) and also a practical layout. A shared laundry room in the basement is also a great idea. Love the design, colors and décor choices for the sitting and TV area. The kitchen and dining areas are also nice. Good color and furniture/build choices. Modern, clean and sensible – important elements in a dorm. The backyard area is also nice and will be enjoyed by students.

Suggestions:
    Perhaps some smaller and more similar plants lining the pathway/sidewalk would be nice.
    Improve gallery appeal by prioritizing that the main gallery thumbnail features the front of the building. This can be determined by testing/loading it to your library. Yours photographs the side of the building for the main gallery thumbnail.
    A nice alternative for the first-floor layout would be to break up the eating, study and recreation/socialization areas a bit more. The open layout would be nice, but in the case of a dorm I am thinking it may be preferable to add walls between these areas, especially to separate the entire study area - nice & more soundproof.

@EmilieFlora
    GGLGldU.png
    The bedrooms look very nice, and some even look slightly luxurious for a college dorm! Sim students will enjoy this! Your window choices lend themselves well to the setting. The ‘stained glass-look’ windows look very nice from the inside as well as outside. The color choices and furnishings in the tv room, hallways and dining room lend themselves well to the color theme of the challenge and the modern design goal. The black and white wallpaper looks great in contrast with the greens and yellow accents! I love the gnome! The outside of the building looks very nice! It looks professional and modern with an amazing view and location! This location should be very popular with sim young adults!

Suggestions:
    Slideshow: I would like to have seen more of the outdoor build details: Various sides of the outside, whatever that is in the back inside the fencing (it appears there may be a basketball court an I’m not sure what else since you did not describe it or add screenshots.)
    Watch for ‘fishbowl’ images we encourage getting more of level/from inside picture of the rooms. Using Camera 3 mode + ‘free camera’ (alt/opt + tab) mode will help a lot with that.
    Please include layout screenshots (straight down) of each floor and the for judging and orientation purposes.
    The top floor feels a bit off from the side view – like maybe it should shift a bit the other way. Maybe this was needed for a purpose that I cannot see from the screenshots?
    Unfortunately, with a gallery cost of §145,182 and a lot cost of §15,000. This totals §160,182, which is §5,182 over the budget of §155,000.

@KitelDesigns
    hUh8KZs.png
    The exterior of this dorm is classic yet modern, and is just lovely! What an amazing idea to have this spacious courtyard with entrances from within. The waterfall at the entrance is a striking central feature that fits very well with the build. The inclusion of a rim of glass roofing is a nice touch on the interior of the roofing area. The walkway/skywalk on the 2nd floor is a great feature, and makes good use of the architectural advantages and the view... plus it will be very convenient for students! The generous and well-placed windows take advantage of the view and lighting, which is wise and great for this type of build. Your slideshow was well labeled and had a good amount and ‘types’ of screenshots.
    I liked the ‘personality-themed’ bedrooms. The greens in game room are fun and fit the college theme well. The students will enjoy their gaming time! The black and white color scheme and design of the media room is nice, and you know they will love that big TV! The lounge/computer/study room is nice, and the students will enjoy all of those computers. (And the mural is a great touch!) I like that you did the ‘shared/communal’ bathroom option for this dorm, as it fits well with the build style.

Suggestions:
    Slideshow: Some of your room images are taken from a ‘top/outside’ aspect. We encourage getting more of level/from inside picture of the rooms. Using Camera 3 mode + ‘free camera’ (alt/opt + tab) mode will help a lot with that.
    I would have also liked to see a top view of the entire first floor’s layout, as you did with the roof and 2nd floor.
    Some seating and maybe a chess set and activities or interactive elements scattered throughout the courtyard and outer yard would enhance the dorm space for the students, and would fulfill their request for an outdoor activity area.
    A separation between the gaming and entire study area (rather than just the one room) may be nice, as sims playing games can get rather rowdy right next to studying sims!

@Mikkiness
    WVlPvy6.png
    The architecture of this build is lovely, well-planned, creative, and well done inside and out. Clever that there are four large and four small bedrooms so that the rooms with a double bed and extra bathroom countertop can cost extra. I like that in both cases two rooms share one bathroom, so each bathroom is semi-private. The divided common rooms, which have been nicely designed and decorated. Décor choices are nicely matched to the location & function while also providing a studious yet fun and interactive environment for students. I like that artifacts were recovered by students for the building, and that the design and premise of the campus heavily embraces the location – the vacation world of Selvadorada. The library and study are great, and it is wonderful that the library includes a lovely media room plus a number of handiwork, scientific, horticultural, and architectural features since these are some of the specialty offerings of this campus. The recreational features of the campus are also wonderful! Students will love to swim, dance, play basketball, ‘blow bubbles’ and more! Your slideshow and labels/comments were very helpful and informative – plus extremely witty! I laughed until my eyes watered!

Suggestions:
    As a possible alternative, the bathrooms could have been combined into one or two multi-use, locker-roomish bathrooms (stalls or half-walls for privacy, etc.). Working on these can be a nice creativity stretch, and pretty practical, for some types of builds.

And the winner is… @Mikkiness
    Y9fQ0LU.png

3gHHX7s.png

SIM ENTRIES

@EmilieFlora
    wiIh8E4.png
    I enjoyed the screenshots of your college student ‘household’! They presented as interestingly outfitted and styled sims. They also seem to show some interesting and fun personalities, enjoyed each other’s company and enjoyed ‘hanging out’ in the dorm together. Nice job creating the students for this challenge and to test your build! If you add entry details on the form and some labels on the images/screenshots it gives judges a feel for your design intents on a build or a sim/household.

And the winner is… @EmilieFlora

YHfAyQs.png

3gHHX7s.png

ROOM ENTRIES

@Designasim
    K1hdvow.png
    Thank you for adding your description. At first I was thinking that I would have recommended adding one of your decorated dorm rooms from the build, but your explanation of choosing a non-decorated room since this is how a dorm room normally comes when a student enters school is valid. The room is laid out and furnished very functionally and sensibly. I do like that you used the school’s green color theme, and assume that those floors are also made from the trees felled to build the dorm, as in the rest of the lot… which is awesome! Though I validate your reasoning for making the room sensible and plain (as this is how they generally come) I think adding a few creative touches to the design to compensate for this may have been good. For instance, I see there was a room with a corner/double window with the desk by the bed. Perhaps using that layout and a window seat or including a chair and lamp in the room, a cork board or some additional basic items – even if in reality they may not be included.

@EmilieFlora
    9dlX6C9.png
    This looks like a pleasant room space for a college student that adds interesting and practical items for college student needs. Your room colors are calming yet pleasant and nice choices for a dorm room. The decorations are nicely done & homey. The computer desk area is nice and well-situated. Good choice using the narrow desk in this space to save floorspace for other items. This college student would be happy to have their own private bathroom! Unfortunately, the tv and smart speaker are blocked for sim-usability/access, so the sim in this room would sadly not be able to use either one for entertainment. I recommend playtesting all items for playability in-game. A bit more continuity of wall covering between the room and bathroom would be nice.
    Note: ‘Entry Details’ descriptions and slide labels are helpful for judging. J

@KitelDesigns
    uM2y1BN.png
    I liked that you managed to get one of those fun, huge closets, a punching bag, laundry basket and all of those shelves with cool items above the bed in the room! These items, plus the bookshelves, will add a fun, fitness and personality to the room of a college student. The carpet & wall color tones are great and well-chosen. They combine to add a nice school spirit and feel in the room. I like the opposing accent walls. The posters and wall coverings are well chosen and placed and add character to this student room.
    I love to use MOO to tweak things, but it can be tricky. When using moo or the brackets to enlarge &/or to place objects, be careful that parts of the objects do not break through the walls (like with the backpack straps and the decorative carpet). Also, the right bookshelf and shelf/desk seem moved a bit to the right? Sometimes it can be hard to determine placement and spacing/centering. Tip: I have found that switching to camera 3 while placing or tweaking placement and checking in that camera mode at eye-level then from above can help a great deal to determine intended placement. The bookshelf on the right is blocked and unusable. Also, unfortunately, though creative & clever, the use of the enlarged shelf for a desk &/or the shrunken table for the footrest under the desk, have created an unusable desk and the sim will not be able to use the lovely computer and desk area. Tip: Using a desk, kitchen table, or island for your computer desk will create a usable area for sim access.

YHfAyQs.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    @Mikkiness The judges are in agreement that you should enter in the Established category moving forward. Congratulations :)
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • AllearsAllears Posts: 519 Member
    Congratulations to @Pinkusfamily and @SheriGR for your wins in the Established category in the Spring Designer Showdown. And to @Devilariah for your room and Sim wins. Well done!! <3

Congrats also to @Mikkiness for your Starting Out win for the Old Gold & Green, and for your promotion! <3

And Congrats to @EmilieFlora for your room and Sim wins! <3

Great job everyone!! <3<3<3

Check out my homes on the Gallery
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • PinkusfamilyPinkusfamily Posts: 587 Member
    I would like to congratulate all the winners ( yes - I know I am so bad at this- Naming everyone ), So Please bear with me...

I always find these challenges so wonderful, everyone is so creative !! So I Think everyone should get a pat on the back...

Thank you @BuildnShare , for the kind words and constructive tips on building. I am always striving to improve , so I can step up into a Higher category here at Build N Share..

I must say it again - I am so honored to be among such creative people...

Congratulations to all - Not only the Winners but to all...

Diane Pinkus
  • KitelDesignsKitelDesigns Posts: 147 Member
    fcuRqPI.png

@KitelDesigns
    uM2y1BN.png
    I liked that you managed to get one of those fun, huge closets, a punching bag, laundry basket and all of those shelves with cool items above the bed in the room! These items, plus the bookshelves, will add a fun, fitness and personality to the room of a college student. The carpet & wall color tones are great and well-chosen. They combine to add a nice school spirit and feel in the room. I like the opposing accent walls. The posters and wall coverings are well chosen and placed and add character to this student room.
    I love to use MOO to tweak things, but it can be tricky. When using moo or the brackets to enlarge &/or to place objects, be careful that parts of the objects do not break through the walls (like with the backpack straps and the decorative carpet). Also, the right bookshelf and shelf/desk seem moved a bit to the right? Sometimes it can be hard to determine placement and spacing/centering. Tip: I have found that switching to camera 3 while placing or tweaking placement and checking in that camera mode at eye-level then from above can help a great deal to determine intended placement. The bookshelf on the right is blocked and unusable. Also, unfortunately, though creative & clever, the use of the enlarged shelf for a desk &/or the shrunken table for the footrest under the desk, have created an unusable desk and the sim will not be able to use the lovely computer and desk area. Tip: Using a desk, kitchen table, or island for your computer desk will create a usable area for sim access.

YHfAyQs.png

3gHHX7s.png

I play tested my desk, and he was able to use the computer and desk
    EVxjqb3.png

Master Results for #BnS119 - For The Old Gold & Green

@13Vader
    DW4NqkA.png
    This is a very striking building - love the use of square windows that's echoed in the architectural features on the upper floor. The outdoor areas are thoughtfully designed. I like the parking, bike storage, basketball court and meditation/boxing areas. The building is clearly a community one but still has interesting design details like the fountains out front and the other embellishments. I love the design of the library area with its separate areas for study, reading and computer work. The dining area is modern and chic. What college student wouldn't love to have a coffee break or meal here? I love all the real-life details you've included like the tea selection and disposable plates/utensils on the tables. The upstairs living area is colorful and unique. I really like the color combinations. It's not easy to match bright colors in TS4, and you've managed it well. The laundry area and separate bathing/restrooms are nicely done. The sample dorm rooms are nicely appointed for a modern college student.

Suggestions: My one suggestion would be adding a bit more personalization to each dorm room. Great job :)

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @13Vader

mUUmw9e.jpg

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS 119

@wildflower1971
    g2lE8NE.jpg
    Dorm Away From Home is an impressive student dorm! It has a wonderful, modern appeal that makes it stand out in the neighborhood. I find the common areas of this build to be the best part. Lovely use of bright greens and colors to spruce up the common spaces. The registration area looks cluttered, making it look realistic and well-used. Overall, this is a fantastic dorm that students will enjoy living in.

Suggestions: The build seems to be something of a cross between modern and traditional. I’d suggest going either all-modern or all-traditional to create a more cohesive appearance for your build. Moreover, the lot could use some soil terrain paint around it to give it more depth. Also, we would’ve liked to have seen more pictures of the rooms instead of overhead shots to get better views of it for judging. Finally, although we understand that the rooms were meant to be decorated by the students, it could have been better if some of them were already decorated.

@PINKUSFAMILY
    1AmGTaN.jpg
    Inner Circle Dormitory has a very traditional appeal! I like how the banners out front make it look like it’s a real college dorm. Great landscaping and curb appeal out front. The facade of the build is impeccable. The above-ground pool at the back is a very creative idea as well as the garage at the side. Overall, the front looks welcoming.

Entering the build, the interiors look cozy. I like how you’ve considered adding a study hall for the students. The studying/eating area in the kitchen is also a great idea. It’s great that you did not forget to add the school colors in the form of a flag in the dining room. This is a wonderful addition for the students. I must also add that it probably took great effort in decorating each and every student’s room. Amazing job!

Suggestions:
    I don’t have much to suggest for this build, aside from the lighting. Some areas of the build seem to need a bit more light to make them pop out more. Also, I think that the color choice of the brick in the basement is a bit too heavy, given that it is an enclosed space with no windows. A lighter color like white would’ve worked better here.

@Devilariah
    WguQXfl.png
    Modern Grey Home is definitely a sleek, modern home for students! The general layout and use of the lot is quite impressive. I like the consistent use of black and white throughout the whole build. Going inside, the sunken living area with the high ceiling is a unique addition. I admire your use of various wall coverings to create accents all around the build. Moreover, I commend you on doing an amazing job creating different themes for each student’s room according to their personality. Overall, this is a wonderful build!

Suggestions:
    The front of the house makes me think I’m looking at the side part of a house. Giving your build a symmetrical facade with a more defined entrance can help remedy this. I would also suggest using a layout with more symmetry if you want to give a build more cohesion.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @PINKUSFAMILY
    nMT0wPZ.png

3gHHX7s.png

Room Challenge

@Allears
    oU57qmL.png
    Your Dorm Room looks fantastic! I like the use of accent walls and posters around the room. It also looks well-cluttered, as if a student has been living there for quite some time.

@Devilariah
    deBWbJc.png
    The dorm room that you created seems sleek and compact! Great use of clutter by the study desk. It looks like a wonderful place for a student to chill after a hard day of studying. A friendly reminder: there is no need to take a picture of the exterior if you’re entering a room challenge.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @Allears
    23aTQ71.jpg

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Devilariah
    KJLTCNV.png
    Karl’s niece and her friends all look wonderful! I love how you added an alien into the mix. She has a very convincing disguise. Great job!

@PINKUSFAMILY
    3jGYKJW.png
    I like how you made Karl’s niece and her friends. They would definitely stand out in the crowd! I also admire the thought you put into dressing them according to their personality. Wonderful job!

3gHHX7s.png

GgIzzNF.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @Pinkusfamily and @Devilariah! Well done!! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • SimTresaSimTresa Posts: 3,210 Member
    Congrats, @Pinkusfamily and @Devilariah. :)
    image.png
    Congratulations to all the Winners & everyone that participated..

@BuildnShare Thank you - I am honored.

With this College dorm - I struggled a Bit and questioned my own creativity..I have been striving towards moving forward so I can up my status
    from Established and enter at The next level, ( Expert ) - in doing so- I think I burnt myself out...But needless to say-I am back at building- I decided to step out of the next 2 Build N Share Challenges to gather myself together and learn to trust my own instincts...
    I truly appreciate your Constructive comments and always take them to heart...

Congratulations to all the entrants and the Winners- I feel that all who have entered are winners !

Diane Pinkus

• DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Thnx!!
    The side with the fountains is not the front, it's the side, the front door is facing is the front.
    I found out too late that the side was facing the front on the pic on the gallery, i hope i'm making sence xD
    It's really frustraing we can't rotate pics when you post to the gallery, also just weird because you can do it when you post a room..
    Hope they change it one day but they probably won''t xD
    Next time i'm checking what the front is on the gallery before building lol *IfiDon'tForget*

Also congratz to @Pinkusfamily & @Allears =D
    HVCdrRO.png

Established Results for #BnS120 - There's Some History There

@Xenami
    oEYuvEA.jpg
    Entrance to Atlantis is an amazing historical site! I like how you were able to create the illusion of a waterfall by adding fountain jets under the aqueduct. Excellent attention to detail around the whole build. It’s great that you added a bit of overgrowth around. Overall, this is an excellent recreation of a historical site!

Suggestions: There is not much to suggest here. Perhaps change the color of the lighting inside the build to make it look like it’s illuminated by torches? Also, the columns by the throne sort of look out of place given the structure’s architectural style.

@Devilariah
    v4wLDYZ.png
    Aztec Temple Digsite is a wonderful recreation of an archaeological dig site! It must have taken a lot of work to get the terrain level just right to make it look like there was a lot of digging going on. I love the attention to detail you’ve put into this build. What amazes me is the little campsite for the archaeologists and workers!

Suggestions: This is an amazing build! My only suggestion is to maybe cut down on the spandrels and columns for the scaffolding. Just having the stairs with railings is enough in my opinion.

3gHHX7s.png

GgIzzNF.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@Devilariah
    mIqQcxn.png
    Your version of Professor Webb looks awesome! He’s definitely the kind of person who’d be out exploring jungle ruins. Great job!

GgIzzNF.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
  • mannannamannanna Posts: 466 Member
    Congrats @Devilariah! Very cool build!
    I think I'm a little behind in this thread so congrats to you other winners too!
  • DevilariahDevilariah Posts: 124 Member
    Thnx!! (again too many spandrels.. i need to watch out for that xD)

Also @Xenami you're build was gorgeous! :)
    I am always blown away by the creativity of you guys that enter each and every challenge !

I am in awe of you creative people...LOL

Congratulations @Devilariah

But also all those who entered.. I know putting your creations out there and getting feed back is a tough decision to make..

You are all great !!

Diane Pinkus
    fcuRqPI.png

Starting Out Results for #BnS120- There's Some History There

@KitelDesigns
    GkGrtAk.png
    Great job with your pagoda and kofun! Beautiful landscaping, and terrific choice of wall covering and flooring. Good job making it look as if nature had started to reclaim the pagoda. Good attention to detail all around. I like your choice of artifacts in the kofun. All of it together conveyed the feeling of ancient Japan.

Suggestions: I don’t know if it was your intention, but though they’re stunning, taking screenshots during a storm can make it hard to pick out details as they’re so dark. Try turning off weather effects if you don’t want to use weather cheats or wait for better weather.

@EmilieFlora
    umOPXfk.png
    Your recreation of the Hanging Gardens of Babylon is beautiful, WEmilieFlora. Sims will enjoy visiting and exploring them. Good job placing all the plants. The choice of flooring was perfect. I love that you included Professor Webb, he looks very busy there at his desk.

Suggestions: You had a little problem with fishbowling in some images, be careful of that. Try different camera angles or zooming in to avoid that. While it was lovely, your build was so clean and perfect it felt more like a reconstruction than newly discovered archaeological dig. Missing floor tiles, dirt or plants inside, or less precisely placed furniture would have helped give a feeling of age and time passing.

And the winner is… @KitelDesigns

WzcVkZR.png

3gHHX7s.png

Sim Challenge

@KitelDesigns
    LKxAAMS.png
    I like that you made Professor Webb a woman. Her traits suit an archaeologist who may spend long hours alone searching for buried artifacts. The name Michiko is also perfect given your build. I’m not sure how comfortable shorts would be while exploring a heavily wooded area like a mountainside. The scar on her face adds character, how did she get it?

@EmilieFlora☆
    1XRxTRo.png
    Professor Webb looks very studious and professorial. Great choice of outfits and his aspirations and traits fit perfectly. I like getting a glimpse of him at work and can easily imagine him on a dig.

@Designasim
    FKrRk3L.png
    Your outfits for Professor Webb are very well thought out and go together well. I like your reasoning behind each choice, it makes perfect sense. He looks competent and believable. A cheerful personality surely helps while looking for and digging up artifacts!

And the winner is @Designasim

iz8x7YN.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    bhaXpM1.png

Expert Results for #BnS120 - There’s Some History There

@Aljay
    cZb5YAO.png
    What a lovely fairy-tale castle! And love the Knight’s Tale reference ;) Fantastic property layout - you’ve done a great job creating the little river that runs through it. Good use of terrain tools to situate the castle on high ground. Love the waterfall! The castle inside is nicely designed. Fantastic noCC artwork! Love your use of the vintage objects and textures to create the look of the castle. Great idea to have the cooking area and Geoffry’s lodging in the basement - away from where a fine noble like Ulrich would have to encounter it. Love the hidden treasure room!

Suggestions: You have a lovely reconstructed castle but no archeological dig area. Even a small terrain tool sculpted dig hole with some strategic buy catalog objects in it would have conveyed the basic idea. Fantastic job on the castle though!

@Kementari
    qSWYyFG.png
    This temple is simply beautiful! The symmetry is lovely, and the use of the columns, friezes and other objects is fantastic. I love the setting you’ve chosen. Fantastic job blending the landscape plants into the look of the surrounding vegetation. The sheltered research station is perfect with the rustic awning and stone wall remnants surrounding it. The shrine is brilliant with all the offerings arranged around it. Great use of the hanging wall vines all around. Love the worshipper meditating in the temple.

Suggestions: Your temple is exquisite, but I would have liked to have seen more “dig site” areas to fully exemplify the spirit of the challenge.

@4Sanne
    CPJuak4.png
    WoW - now this is a dig site! Creative choice to have the bulk of the site below ground level. From the overhead shot, I can see so much creativity in the way you’ve managed to convey age and ruin from the terrain paints to cracked and missing tiles to the scatterings of small rocks - great job. I love that you’ve embraced the challenge and conveyed a mix of ruins and restored areas. The commentary on your pictures is perfect for helping us view what is in process in the various levels and areas. Love the library/ office work-space! The hazardous spaces marked with cones and barricades is a nice touch.

Suggestions: It looked like there were some Seasons community lot decorations in some of your screenshots. To avoid this, you could temporarily make your lot residential and move a Sim in for pics.

3gHHX7s.png

And the winner is… @4Sanne

yTJVMOf.png

3gHHX7s.png
    GArBA5W.jpg
    Congratulations @4Sanne on your Maxis Fav for The Lost Town of Abraja! Well deserved! :)
    EA ID SassiLassi
    Gallery Link SassiLassi
  • 4Sanne4Sanne Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2019
    Wow! Thank you! So cool that it got a Maxis Fav as well!! I'm so proud :smiley::blush:
    Also, thanks for letting me know how to avoid the holiday decorations... I was getting so frustrated about those :tongue:
  • SheriGRSheriGR Posts: 795 Member
    edited June 2019
    Congratulations, @KitelDesigns & @Designasim! Great job on your sim and lot! <3@4Sanne congratulations on your lot win here in the challenge... <3 and... Wow, congrats on the Maxis Fave! :o<3 Well done and so exciting!!
    Sims 4 Gallery
    EA ID: SheriGR
    TWITTER: https://twitter.com/SheriGr
    "What does the Lord require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." ― Micah 6:8

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top