Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Let’s Be Honest... Does Anyone Still Vacation In Granite Falls?

Comments

• Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    oh wow it’s been a minute.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    babajaynebabajayne Posts: 1,866 Member
    I wish I could enjoy Granite Falls more but it nags me that I have not collected everything there yet and the sims who have somewhat advanced in herbalism are about to die so I have to basically start all over again. I could go on and on ranting about how frustrating I find the experience. But I think it’s time for me to find a shop in the gallery that sells all the stuff so I can let go of my angst. I want to have a RELAXING AND FUN vacation for my sims, without feeling I am missing out on features.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    I go there for a getaway, sometimes its a second honeymoon and my sim get pregnant there. It is also a honeymoon place after marriage. I like sending my sims there.
  • Options
    CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    Lol no. I may send some, like the parents taking a retreat but i would loaf back to the sims remaining in the house and play them. I use the social activies mod now so I use "send on mini-vacation" or honeymoon now.
    I sometimes send couples there for a romantic break/honeymoon or families for bounding and skill building. I have sent child and teen sims who are in the scouts there for a weekend to help earn their badges (plus help make it feel more like real life scouts/guides).

I love using it for scouts I never thought of that.
    caitytrina.png
  • Options
    OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 5,000 Member
    Not often, been ages in fact, but I'v just sent a couple of sims there, partly to just explore and partly to find the dust sprites/spirits and hermit. Have gotten notes on where the little guys are, but haven't a clue how to find the hermit. Anybody know where (s)he is hiding?
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    Not often, been ages in fact, but I'v just sent a couple of sims there, partly to just explore and partly to find the dust sprites/spirits and hermit. Have gotten notes on where the little guys are, but haven't a clue how to find the hermit. Anybody know where (s)he is hiding?

I recently sent a couple there as well, I visited the hermit in past saves. If I remember correctly, there is a cave with branches covering it. Once your sim enters you’ll be prompted with scenarios and if you guess right eventually they’ll find another destination. Then they’ll be able to visit the hermit and discuss herb remedies for sickness and whatever else. Goodluck!
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Every once in a while with Seasons I do (like use cheats to edit things and have a family Christmas over there or something), but I prefer Jungle Adventure as there is a lot more to do. I just use the camping gear.
  • Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    I just bought the pack, but yes!

I’m super outdoorsy so I love the woodland, open skies feel that it has. It looks beautiful in all seasons and I can always send my sim to other lots for something else to do.

I have my sim on endless vacation though, so she’s more living there than vacationing.
  • Options
    jooxisjooxis Posts: 515 Member
    I wish I could have a sim live there, now more than ever, with the Off The Grid lot trait... vacation worlds are useless as a concept unfortunately.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    Almost never go there.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    I've been there once. It didn't do it for me for some reason. Perhaps I should give it another chance.
  • Options
    FurSimsOfficialFurSimsOfficial Posts: 2,362 Member
    This thread was trending before the arrival of Island living and I am glad to see we get another world to... wait a second... it is not an option world for a vacation.

HUGE MISS!
  • Options
    duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    edited June 2019
    TBH I only really did a handful of times before I realized there was really nothing (possibly less) to do in Granite Falls that wasn't available in the normal world of game play. I found it terribly boring to go out in the woods and fish or hunt for plants or sit around in the house on "vacation" when all of those things and more are available to my sims in the comfort of their own homes, where it doesn't cost them extra simoleons to do so. It really needed to have some draw besides just randomly different scenery and a huge cost just to go there.

It felt more like the 'hidden' worlds to me. Pretty, but not really special in any way to bother going more than once or twice.
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I still take families there. It’s a nice, relaxing vacation spot, and it’s nice to see it with Seasons. I might add more activities in the future.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    TechbiltTechbilt Posts: 258 Member
    I think I've been there twice, once to see what was even in the world and once with my sims family to actually vacation there. I've had it since OR was released.
  • Options
    AquariusMomAquariusMom Posts: 229 Member
    My sim is into fishing so I send her on fishing vacations occasionally.

Also, she's happily married but has had a long-standing affair with a previous ex since before she married her current husband. Sometimes they go there to have romantic weekend flings where they won't have to worry about getting caught.
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    After this thread was started I tried twice to go there, but again it is just so... boring. Jungle Adventure did the whole vacation thing right. This is just "Let's pay money to go somewhere where you can do less things than what you can do in your back yard".
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Haven't sent a sim there for ages. Tried collecting insects for herbalism but soon lost interest. I might go back to try to catch the fish exclusive to the world.

Best thing to come from the pack was the cloudgazing interaction.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    i would prefer a resort/hotel gamepack update and make both granite falls and selvadorada livable and place down resorts and hotels if the player decides to.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I send sims from time to time. I've taken to replacing some of the residential lots with community lots so there's more stuff to actually do.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I split my sims holidays between granite falls and selvadorada. However I do love granite falls and and sending my sims hiking. Usually I put activities on the lots that my sims don’t have in their homes to make it feel more holiday like
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,129 Member
    I usually don't send my Sims to either vacation world but I just built a camp for the scouts for each world. With that, maybe I'll visit more.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    I'd travel there more if I had horses since it would be a cool place to create riding trails. I do go there every so often because I've made a lot of tree houses and parks but sometimes I forget it's there lol
  • Options
    Goth583Goth583 Posts: 1,203 Member
    I do, but when I go its usually with a family or a group of sims. Occasionally, I'll use it for two sims to go away together, and very rarely if I'm playing a collector sim I take them there for a day or two on their own.
    https://originalsimmer.blogspot.com - Check out my current TS4 Legacy!
  • Options
    BobisbaeBobisbae Posts: 246 Member
    I still love Granite Falls but yeah it is not the most active of the vacation worlds. I had hoped swimming would be integrated into every world. I think Granite Falls would benefit greatly from that sort of gameplay.