Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How did your first ever sim die?

1235...Next

Comments

• FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    TS1. My sim married Michael Bachelor and he died in a kitchen fire 2 hours later. I felt pretty horrible about it! Not sure who's fault it was, his for not knowing how to cook I guess?
  • Hissin_SpitHissin_Spit Posts: 50 Member
    Mine was strangely similar to the OP's.

My sister and I were playing The Sims 1 for the second time. You remember the Pleasant family? Well, since we didn't know what we were doing, we chose that family and moved them into that small, cheapo white house. We actually left the game running while we went to get our lunch. Our family computer was in our dining room so we watched the game while we ate. The screen was zoomed into the living room, slightly off the kitchen. All of a sudden, I saw the kids doing something and was like, "Oh, they're talking about something." So, we ignored it until we were done, but when we went back, we scrolled to the side and realized there was a fire in the house and half the halt was dead. I was young at the time and it freaked me out a little.

To this day, though, I use that as a backstory. I remade the family in TS3 once and made their bios and whatnot reflect that they’re afraid of fires lol.
    I'm everywhere...and nowhere...sometimes at the same time.
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    The first sim that I'd had die did it just after I got Get Famous (I've never been patient enough for it to happen), when a fire started in her house and I didn't put it out in time. She died in a fire on the first day she left CAS.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    My very first Sim death came on The Sims for PS2. I think her name was Madeline, and she died in a stove fire. The Grim Reaper showed up on the sidewalk and I freaked out, saying I would never play The Sims again.

Famous last words :D:D:D
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    I'm pretty sure my first sim to die in every (PC) Sims game I've ever played has been via fire, ol' reliable.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Starvation, but don't remember well
  • CaityTrinaCaityTrina Posts: 555 Member
    I didnt know how to use cheats and so I played the Mashuga family to experience some wealth. I bought a crap ton of stuff including what I thought was a roulette table. It was a firework launcher. They both died in a fire and I could never try yo house again cause I couldn't afford it (and didn't know cheats were a thing).
    caitytrina.png
  • Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    Sims 1. I had a family of I think 8 sims and a dog. I got excited because I could put fireworks inside the house, which I thought was really cool (I was young and stupid lol). Anyway one of my sims let the fireworks off and lo and behold, we had a major fire and a few of my sims died, along with my dog. It was a nightmare.
  • Teena94Teena94 Posts: 65 Member
    > @nolurk said:
    > My first sim death happened as a complete accident. A light bulb in a floor lamp burned out, so I sent a sim to change the light bulb and they were accidentally electrocuted.
    >
    > This was before a patch was released very early on that removed the ability to change light bulbs and/or for sims to get electrocuted while doing so. Supposedly, in theory, a sim could build up the mechanical trait in doing so, albeit in a negligible way (just as supposedly, the higher up they were in their mechanical skill, the less likely it may have been for them to get electrocuted).
    >
    > At the time, I had no idea that could even happen and I remember the next time a light bulb burned out, I just deleted the lamp and replaced it rather than risk having it happen it again to another sim.
    >
    > The reason behind the removal was apparently a mixture of complaints from simmers about it happening (which was supposedly the biggest driving force behind its removal) along with a decision that it seemed unnecessary to really change a light bulb (in a way, it seemed to also fit in unintentionally with the lack of power cords in the game) and that it didn't really seem to add anything to the game.

That's really cool! I didn't know we used to be able to change light bulbs! Which game was it?
  • Tag365Tag365 Posts: 5 New Member
    I believe I killed my first Sim in The Sims 1 or 2 for consoles due to fire caused by cooking accidents. I was very young so I don't remember much about it though.
  • SinnoraSinnora Posts: 28 Member
    Back in part 1 of Sims, my sim burned down while making breakfast for herself. It was very scary
  • BABYfactor99BABYfactor99 Posts: 2 New Member
    My first sim dead by me, I was to busy with the toddler that I forgot to take care of my other sim. When I read in my notification wall that "James Minkin has passed away" I just watch the grim reaper take James away and watched my toddler get taken away from me.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    I had read (in a gaming magazine, I think), that you could invite over sims, fence them in and then they would die. I was weirdly intrigued by the idea and decided to out :( I created an evil wizard sim that desired a certain female sim that was already in my game. Then I had the wizard befriend, entrap and starve the woman's partner.
    The murder had quite an impact on my game and made it more story-driven than I had planned.
  • GumbyGumby Posts: 46 Member
    edited June 2019
    My husband thought his first sim from The Sims 1 was "smart" enough to take care of itself. He took a nap and let his sim run free. When he woke, apparently a fire had broke out in the kitchen because everything was in piles of ashes and his sim was in the middle of the floor in an urn. lol
  • SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    I can’t remember when my very first sim died because that was back in the TS1 days. But I do remember my first for TS4. I made two sims as roommates and planned to make them a couple who would eventually marry. So I had them socialize over and over until I started messing with the romance options. My male sim ended up with a bladder failure and became embarrassed. Well I didn’t know that I can have him hide in bed or talk in the mirror to help with his embarrassment. I ended up having him propose to his girlfriend and she denied him. He died from being mortified :D oops! This was my very first family and on my very first day of playing ts4. I ended up closing without saving and this time took things a little slower. But I laughed so much at how everything played out.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top