Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What does the Gallery do for you?

Comments

• AlexandraTeaykovaAlexandraTeaykova Posts: 3 New Member
    Hello!!! I have a question.So i want to download CC for The Sims 4
    but i changed the package file into a WinRAR one.Now i want to know how to bring back the package file.Can anyone help???

P.S. When i try opening the WinRAR file it says Tge file is corrupted or damiged,so i can't open it..Help..
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    but i changed the package file into a WinRAR one.Now i want to know how to bring back the package file.Can anyone help???

P.S. When i try opening the WinRAR file it says Tge file is corrupted or damiged,so i can't open it..Help..

rename the file back from a .rar file to a .package file.
    Package files can be placed directly into the Mods folder.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    As a non-moder but a frequent CC user, I have to say that the gallery really doesn't help much with custom content. I honestly haven't seen any sims or buildings that use them, which is kind of a shame.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • Bananas_45Bananas_45 Posts: 6,772 Member
    @everthewildeone when you are in the gallery on the menu to the right there should be an option for advanced. click that and you should see a tick box labeled include cc, you should now be able s to see Sims/Builds with CC

CC cannot be transferred via the gallery so you would need to track down the download site for any items that you would like to add to your game.

Sorry if you didn't get this information before:
    This link explains how to change file associations
    https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/how-to-set-default-programs-and-file-types-in-windows-10/
    You don’t need to open the cc package files. They can just be put into your mods folder. You may need to redownload the CC once the file association has been fixed if it became corrupted when you tried to open it.
  • everthewildeoneeverthewildeone Posts: 87 Member
    @Bananas_45 Thank you! I knew about having to download CC separately when you download a build or a sim. What I didn't know was that they had items with CC on the gallery.
    z2mSmjo.png

Click the siggy to check out my Youtube and if you like what you see, subscribe!
  • EternalRoseEternalRose Posts: 763 Member
    It would be great to see a page on the Gallery just showcasing Guru's cc uploads! I miss seeing/ downloading all the great stuff from the Sims team.
  • CandyDragonOriCandyDragonOri Posts: 9 New Member
    I like to use the gallery for finding builds, which I then will edit and mod myself. Sometimes to the point that it would have probably been easier to have just build the thing from the ground up :joy:
    I do find it's pretty good when I'm lacking inspiration though.
  • metalfenix_Rafmetalfenix_Raf Posts: 536 Member
    It would be nice to have an optional field to put info about the CC we use on a sim that is uploaded in the library. I know that CC can't be shared, but it would be good to know what CC we need to find for a sim/house.
    Want to see my sims? find me in the Gallery by my Origin ID: metalfenix_Raf

Want to see the Custom Content CAS Pieces I created? Check ModTheSims, Sims 4 Studio Forums
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    I don't use CC (so far), but I've seen a lot of people saying that they can't see their own items that have CC in their own Library if they're playing offline - it only shows up in their Library if they have the Gallery online with showing CC ticked. Maybe the Library could be disconnected from that setting? I'd want that for sure, as I usually have the Gallery offline.

thats because these people cant do a simple thing.. the gallery works OK if you use CC and you want to import them, using TrayImporter for example, its very usefull to export your Sims with the CC they use, in a clean straight way. People who are 'afraid' of using CC dont have a clue of what a mod even is, dont listen to them, life is short, use as many CC´s you want, avoid scripted mods if you dont really want those (stay away from these 'mermaid' mods and you should be Ok), but if you have an old savegame you care to much for it, remmeber to make backups everyday! it takes 30 sec and can save your life!
  • gustavowizardgustavowizard Posts: 616 Member
    The gallery is great. I love that it doesn't include CC. There is so many ways to play the sims and every one plays differently. In TS3 CC being included ruined the gallery. So much stuff broke my game because I didn't use the same exact mods/content as the uploader. I'd download a sim and next thing I know everyone is showering in a shirt or boots, or their torso is separated from their legs, or bodies turn black or toddlers became long limbed twisted monsters... I don't want that again.

dude the gallery DO include CCs, i dont know what you are doing there...
  • Emily_Comry010308Emily_Comry010308 Posts: 2 New Member
    I can’t use a gallery I am I console player and I wish sims would allow console players to use live mode on their consoles to use the gallery. I am very limited in library things and I am forced to confine to just the library of presets sims 4 please fix this
  • Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    I can’t use a gallery I am I console player and I wish sims would allow console players to use live mode on their consoles to use the gallery. I am very limited in library things and I am forced to confine to just the library of presets sims 4 please fix this

This is something that needs to go through Sony first ,I believe, or maybe I'm thinking of mods.
  • CaptainElsaCaptainElsa Posts: 226 Member
    I LOVE the gallery. I use it all the time. If I like something I'll download it and if I don't have the CC I'll just replace it with my own. I've noticed a huge uptick in content I upload now that it is so streamlined.

My only grumble is that I don't think my catalog works. I can see my uploads in the rotating image but when I click on "catalog" it just shows my first uploads. :(

(I'm @MarisaTacoma if you want to find me. I've been doing some cool things lately, lol).
  • SashasonicSashasonic Posts: 69 Member
    Different images should be allowed for the Gallery, without being tagged as 'cc' (hidden from main search).. it's ok for Sims, so should be for Lots as well.
    Z7FwSmQ.gif
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I enjoy getting ideas from the gallery. It's fun to see unusual ideas, like treehouses.

One of my favorite things is downloading famous people, like Martha Plimpton and Gene Roddenberry, who have unusual, non-modelesque looks. I also have a passion for downloading colorful, midcentury modern starter houses. Even when the descriptions tell me to use MOO when installing, I never do. And I modify anything that seems to have used MOO.

I had tons of Sims and houses saved in my gallery's library, but unfortunately there was a bug recently and I lost everything. :(
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • s_stutlers_stutler Posts: 380 Member
    They Gallery lets me play quicker. Gives me ideas and helps me find different looking Sims, I never seem to be able to make on my own. I love it. Its one of my favorite features of TS4 <3
  • alexandrangalexandrang Posts: 1 New Member
    Can someone please tell me how to post a discussion i have a question and don’t know how to ask it
    Can someone please tell me how to post a discussion i have a question and don’t know how to ask it

Because you are a new member you cannot start your own thread yet. Here is what you need to know about being a newbie: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/934205/small-change-for-new-members
  • sheyoncexxxsheyoncexxx Posts: 24 Member
    I'm not too familiar with The Gallery in all honesty when it comes to CC and Mods. I'm aware of the 'contains custom content' box which is always checked on my uploads because I use CC alot, but I tend to not bother uploading as much because of the concern half the items will be missing for the downloader.
  • xtwiliightxtwiliight Posts: 3 New Member
    I mostly just use the gallery to find houses if i'm not in the mood for building one or just want to fill my area without playing every household.
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    I use the gallery to upload my creations and download lots!
    I enjoy creating sims, but I have no talent in creating houses/other lot-types, so I leave it up to other users. lol
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
    I'm not too familiar with The Gallery in all honesty when it comes to CC and Mods. I'm aware of the 'contains custom content' box which is always checked on my uploads because I use CC alot, but I tend to not bother uploading as much because of the concern half the items will be missing for the downloader.

You can't transfer/download CC through the Gallery, that is why it is missing.
  • lunasysimslunasysims Posts: 5,858 Member
    I use The Gallery to download amazing builds for each save! I like to add a different style theme to every neighborhood when I start a new save. Right now, I'm into a space-themed Oasis Springs and a cyberpunk San Myshuno. I also use The Gallery to share Sims once in a while! The one thing I dislike about it is that it always hides content that is flagged as modded even if it wasn't made with any custom content. Having CC in my game shouldn't cause a lot or household to be flagged imo.
    Happiness is always just a plumbob away.