Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 5? No thank you!

Comments

• deeman190deeman190 Posts: 99 Member
    edited May 2019
    I wouldn't expect it to come at least for another two years. A game as involved as The Sims is far from an overnight process.
  • JessKatJessKat Posts: 45 Member
    Well, I wouldn't MIND the Sims 5, but there's really nothing wrong the TS4 right now. Couldn't EA just update TS4 instead of making a whole new game? *sigh*
    giphy.gif?cid=790b76115d07e6fb664a753741936494&rid=giphy.gif
    My Origin: CatsAndUnicorns

That average simmer.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    edited June 2019
    At this point there's so much baked into the Sims 4 that needs to be addressed, but there's no profit in addressing it (like whims, babies, sims rarely displaying their personality because they're overpowered by the emotion system) that I feel like the only way to get the game I truly wish I were playing is for them to start over. It's not that I think The Sims 4 is unfixable, it's that I don't see what the incentive for them would be to fix a bunch of things for free, given how profit-driven EA is. So if I want to see as much fixed as I'm hoping for, my best hope is to hope for Sims 5.

Honestly my dream scenario isn't Sims 5. It's that we finally get for The Sims what Planet Coaster was for Roller Coaster Tycoon or what Cities Skylines was for Sim City. I want a completely different studio to tackle the concept out of a place of love for the original and a desire to make something that takes the good parts and improves on it.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    I am not against TS5 eventually coming out but I am against it coming out in next 3 years because I honestly do not think technology has changed that much to make sims 4 feel old yet and so I do not feel the need for new game. + middle range computers now do not run bigger game than ts4 so there is also that you would not want to make game 90% of people can not play
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • NinenessNineness Posts: 25 Member
    Gosh I hope they don't come out with a new Sims game for a while. Sims 4 is advanced enough in my opinion, and yet there's still many kinks and glitches that need to be amended (that stuck at work glitch is still a thing). I heard something about there supposedly being nine expansion packs that will be released. As or now, we're only on six, so by that theory, we've got a bit to go.
    66Pk1qL.gif
  • BimleSimBimleSim Posts: 2,979 Member
    I'm actually not so sure if they are going to go with a microtransaction route for Sims 5. I mean microtransactions have been around for a very long time, so if they would do it, wouldn't they have done it already in Sims 4? If they will add microtransactions for Sims 5, it might be like the store from Sims 3, where the things you can buy will show up in your game to tempt you.

Also I am very ready for a Sims 5. I never got Sims 3 to work on any of my computers, and Sims 4 doesn't hold my attention for long with the checklist style gameplay, even though I love the artstyle for the sims themselves. Sims 2 is still a good game, but it could use some more new features, and I've played it so much that it's become too predictable, not to mention it's not gonna be able to run on newer machines at some point, just like Sims 1 which I would still play if I could.
  • purisu02purisu02 Posts: 21 Member
    I'm not ready with The Sims 5! I am still without seasons, no jungle adventure, no strangerville and no island living - don't think I would buy them anytime soon. I love this game and been playing for 18+ years but why so expensive?? :'(
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    JessKat wrote: »
    Well, I wouldn't MIND the Sims 5, but there's really nothing wrong the TS4 right now. Couldn't EA just update TS4 instead of making a whole new game? *sigh*

Nothing indicates that EA is in any rush to release Sims 5 anyway. They have stated on more than one occasion that Sims 4 will be developed for at least 3 more years. And with no end date set @JessKat
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
    Jaysims wrote: »
    The amount of hate the Sims 4 is getting makes me question if I should even like the game as much as I do *facepalm*

You guys can’t really think it’s THAT bad :(

I prefer sims 4. I back it and so do lots of other fans. Let them think what they will. There's really no need to argue about it.

If someone hates a game I love that doesnt make me love my game any less. In fact, it would just make me probably hate whoever thinks they should butt their nose into what I like :) Have fun playing your game and dont be bothered by people who dont @Jaysims

Sims 4 has been getting "hate" since release and I have always stood firm in liking and preferring it over sims 3 and sims 2. But especially sims 3.
  • bluzkat65bluzkat65 Posts: 483 Member
    Nineness wrote: »
    Gosh I hope they don't come out with a new Sims game for a while. Sims 4 is advanced enough in my opinion, and yet there's still many kinks and glitches that need to be amended (that stuck at work glitch is still a thing). I heard something about there supposedly being nine expansion packs that will be released. As or now, we're only on six, so by that theory, we've got a bit to go.

I wouldn't worry about it. I seriously doubt there will be a TS5 game anytime in the near future, if at all. IF they do create it, I would expect it would focus more on game consoling, or some type online experience.
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    > JessKat wrote: »
    >
    > Well, I wouldn't MIND the Sims 5, but there's really nothing wrong the TS4 right now. Couldn't EA just update TS4 instead of making a whole new game? *sigh*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nothing indicates that EA is in any rush to release Sims 5 anyway. They have stated on more than one occasion that Sims 4 will be developed for at least 3 more years. And with no end date set @JessKat

Ah, I knew all the rumours were fake! I still enjoy the original Sims game, so I don't mind if they never release TS5...

That average simmer.
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    >
    > Well, I wouldn't MIND the Sims 5, but there's really nothing wrong the TS4 right now. Couldn't EA just update TS4 instead of making a whole new game? *sigh*
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Nothing indicates that EA is in any rush to release Sims 5 anyway. They have stated on more than one occasion that Sims 4 will be developed for at least 3 more years. And with no end date set @JessKat

Ah, I knew all the rumours were fake! I still enjoy the original Sims game, so I don't mind if they never release TS5...

This does not mean they are not making sims 5.It takes years for a game to be made
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

This does not mean they are not making sims 5.It takes years for a game to be made

I really am too busy enjoying Sims 4 too care what it "means". But there is no point in trying to make it mean something that it probably doesnt though. Unless and until somebody who works for EA says thats a project they are working on then there is no reason to even assume there will be a Sims 5.

Sims 4 sells very well. And many people DO like it. Just because a percentage of sims 3 fans are disillusioned , that doesnt confirm sims 5.
  • SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,913 Member
    I see it as.....

Every past Iteration has come along roundabout the time a new Windows OS came out. Microsoft has said Windows 10 will just be updated and no new OS released so Sims 4 just has to keep up with that so it could go on for ages yet. The Legacy edition is coming about because of Apple's changes to the Mac.

EA had to get rid of DRM for the games that used it to be acceptable on Windows 10 OS and It doesn't like "The Sims" at all though some found a way to play it. It does give any Sims 5 team time to be work on it without worrying about the future so much.

• Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

I really am too busy enjoying Sims 4 too care what it "means". But there is no point in trying to make it mean something that it probably doesnt though. Unless and until somebody who works for EA says thats a project they are working on then there is no reason to even assume there will be a Sims 5.

Sims 4 sells very well. And many people DO like it. Just because a percentage of sims 3 fans are disillusioned , that doesnt confirm sims 5.

But im not trying to making it mean something.Just say that this does not mean Sims 5 is off the table
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    I see no reason for it unless they do something new that is big as that usually when they add a new version. If it not going to be any different than a past game or update games that no longer work properly or seem out of date due to new technology and the other games still work, I just don't see a reason for it. Sims 4 was many for people that struggled with playing Sims 3 and Sims 2 is no longer supported and probably the same with other older sims games. Each version offered something a bit new and different though.

Maybe sometime in the future, just not now. At the moment they have no official end date and at least a few more years of Sims 4. Let's have them focus on working and improve this first.
  • XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited June 2019
    leetamme wrote: »
    I think there will be a Sims 5, but hopefully not until in the distant future. It's been said they're gonna be working on content for Sims4 for at least 3 more years. Personally I'm thinking that they can do at least 4 to 5 more years of Sims 4.

And you're right the content for this game has the potential to be endless. And there is so much more missing in the game that the fans want to see and have, so I'm sure they're working on it.

But I wouldn't write off a Sims 5 just yet. It's too early to tell and I doubt we'll hear anything about it any time soon. But I look forward to see what the next generation of Sims will be.

But I'm also content on the one now and keep my fingers crossed and hope that more for this series is to come.

That's the thing, things are still missing...

Which means that they can potentially be added if they continue with Sims 4. Once they stop, that's it. Seen no reason to stop at the moment. In fact, they have plans to ending the 32 bit system and at least have a few more years. That leaves room for big changes and upgrades before they end it.

And who cares what sims 4 started as? A lot of things gotten a rough start and ended up being amazing after scrapping old ideas and ending up improving them. We eventually got toddlers and all that which have been improved to feel more realistic, etc....they added terrain tools, etc....I rather they take their time than rush things. Rushing is more of the problem. Also, they have the best CAS no sliders and able to make unique sims plus hats aren't attached to hair, accessories can be layered and it fast to go through outfits. A much improvement as it means less limitations. I don't see that as a bad thing no matter where the idea came from as for the style, people have different tastes and there are different trends.

The gameplay is also subjective. People love Sims 3 and I think it was my least favorite. It seemed boring to me despite being stuffed. The lagging and crashing was a serious problem for many and the sims seemed to been neglected in favor of the world, so they felt stiff to me. And who knows what Sims 5 would even be like. If rushed, I wouldn't expect it to be any good anytime soon.
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Ah, I know that. :3

That average simmer.
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

Absolutely lemon juicy! Exactly my point.

That average simmer.
    There probably will be at least two or three more EPs before TS4 is officially done. I wonder if they announced TS4 while EP's were still being made for TS3 or if they waited until after it was finished.
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

deeman190 wrote: »
    There probably will be at least two or three more EPs before TS4 is officially done. I wonder if they announced TS4 while EP's were still being made for TS3 or if they waited until after it was finished.
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

@deeman190 I'm starting to want a sims 5 . After seeing that island paradise is a shallow game with glaringly fake components.
    edited June 2019
    I actually haven't played The Sims in a long time. I am torn between buying TS4 games or waiting until TS5 comes out, if it even happens.
    deeman190 wrote: »
    > @EnjoyfulSimmer said:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >

@deeman190 I'm starting to want a sims 5 . After seeing that island paradise is a shallow game with glaringly fake components.

• nightowl1nightowl1 Posts: 89 Member
    I'm only hyped over the idea of there being a Sims 5 as it wouldn't be an attempt at creating 'Sims Online' and turning it into a single-player game within a limited timeframe - hopefully we can have open neighbourhoods and a proper semi-open world, because it would be clean canvas altogether and they wouldn't need to alter things!
  • WaitWhatYTWaitWhatYT Posts: 512 Member
    edited June 2019
    Two things seem obvious to me, knowing what I know about EA: Sims 5 is definitely being worked on, and it is definitely not coming out any time soon. I'm willing to bet we get 3+ more years of Sims 4 packs, perhaps even some side sims titles (Urbz 2 anyone? Probably not, as much as I want it 👀) before 5 is even teased, let alone announced or released. We'll probably have another half-baked Sims Online attempt before Sims 5. And I'd rather not have Sims 5 before it's due, I want it to have enough time to be developed into an amazing game from day one, instead of a game that has potential but falls short and needs a bunch of stuff to be patched in later (or modded in).
    Jaysims wrote: »
    The amount of hate the Sims 4 is getting makes me question if I should even like the game as much as I do *facepalm*

You guys can’t really think it’s THAT bad :(

I enjoy the game but, speaking only for myself, I am highly critical of the things I love. I am grateful for what I am given, and I am grateful for my right and ability to state what I feel is wrong with or missing from the game. I do like the Sims 4, but I also see it as incomplete, and many aspects of it that I find broken or lacking don't seem to get enough attention from gurus or anyone else with influence, which worries me.
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    Wow, I spent hours in climbing the whole thread, 24 pages!

Since there are sooo many people sharing similar views with me, opposed and supported, I'm just gonna make my comment as short as possible.

I love TS4.
    I'm excited for TS5.
    Many things missing in TS4.
    A lot of bugs in TS4 too.
    Fix the bugs and give the missing things.
    Make TS4 as completed as possible.
    There you go TS5, I'll buy it.