Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Updating CC to Support Tan Lines in Island Living

SimGuruMorganSimGuruMorgan Posts: 13 SimGuru
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
Hi custom content creators!

As you might have noticed, in Island Living sunbathing supports tan lines from whatever clothes your Sims are wearing. Tan lines will work with your custom content as well (so long as you set it up your alpha channels properly).

* Please note this does not work for accessories. The only accessories that do support tan lines are socks, tights, gloves, shoes, and full-helmet-hats.

The alpha channel of the diffuse texture is used as the mask for applying a tan. That means in order to get good tan lines, be sure that your alphas are properly aligned with where you want a tan applied. On our end, the game does automatically apply a slight blur to the edges to make them feel more natural, so you don’t need to worry about doing that yourselves.

Concerning CC Skintone Replacements: Tans/burns are overlays on top of our basegame skintones, so it’ll work on replacement skins that are roughly the same complexion and in the same order/slots.

Hope that helps, and feel free to let me know if you have any questions, and I can try to get you answers.

SimGuruMorgan

hae3joom7fut.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Ema_Ezequiel19Ema_Ezequiel19 Posts: 1 New Member
    Thank You SimguruMorgan ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡ <3
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member
    Thank you for the info, very appreciated.
  • YonceSayYonceSay Posts: 3 New Member
    Thanks for the info, was wondering about this!
  • nity01nity01 Posts: 88 Member
    Thank you so much! <3
    I make maxis match CC! Check out my blog here, if you like ----> https://anessasims.tumblr.com/ <3
  • felevafeleva Posts: 6 New Member
    Thank you!
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    So that means CC clothing will most definitely not break (as in: become unusable), sims just won't tan correctly in them if the settings aren't right? That's a relief. Some people (myself included) have been worried about this, especially since I just downloaded those awesome Frozen dresses...
  • SimGuruMorganSimGuruMorgan Posts: 13 SimGuru
    So that means CC clothing will most definitely not break (as in: become unusable), sims just won't tan correctly in them if the settings aren't right? That's a relief. Some people (myself included) have been worried about this, especially since I just downloaded those awesome Frozen dresses...

We never guarantee that CC won't break with any patch. However, when we tested tanning on CC it didn't break anything. If CC had their alphas setup correctly it worked just like our assets. If alphas weren't setup they either ended up tanning all over (as if they were nude) or they had weird cutouts where the alpha said there was material that there wasn't.

If you get a tan you don't like, you can just retan in a different outfit, so it doesn't hurt anything.
  • DaphneyyyDaphneyyy Posts: 70 Member
    This is awesome!
    OldfashionedDearKestrel-max-1mb.gif
  • elvisjinkieelvisjinkie Posts: 6 New Member
    i love thisssss
  • simmersizzlersimmersizzler Posts: 36 Member
    Thanks for the info!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file