Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Realm of Magic! Speculation!

Comments

• Options
    JadedJaneJadedJane Posts: 991 Member
    I thought they showed a pic when they announced and there were fairies and witches, werewolves and what looked like a mage.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Is there any way to find out who is working on it?
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2019
    JadedJane wrote: »
    I thought they showed a pic when they announced and there were fairies and witches, werewolves and what looked like a mage.

Where? It was just them talking on the couch during the announcement.
    If all of that was in a pack, it would be an Supernatural expansion pack.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member

I just rewatched the EA announcement concerning the Realms of Magic. The only things on the screens were EA in red. When they spoke the title a few shimmers went through the background but there were no images of fairies, witches, werewolves or a mage.
  • Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

I just rewatched the EA announcement concerning the Realms of Magic. The only things on the screens were EA in red. When they spoke the title a few shimmers went through the background but there were no images of fairies, witches, werewolves or a mage.
    We can assume there is witches. If not that’s a rip off, and a waste of time.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Jasper7702 wrote: »

they did use words spell and conjure and i think even witch (which pack witch pack)
    so I am quite certain there will be witching in this in some form and old surveys show they were asking if we would buy witch pack so it seems quite sure that its witch witch and not just something like elementals are
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    moltazia wrote: »
    im hoping that witches wont have a "dark form" per mermaids, aliens and vampires have but i DO want them to have an extra outfit category for like ceremonies/witchy activities.

That would make more sense than two forms.

While I might be in the minority, I think making a GP with a focus on just one occult at a time is a good idea and gives a better chance for them to be well-done. It'll also allow for some direct choice (get a GP with whichever type you want and not any other). If werewolves get their own GP, it'd be another set of different styles for buildings and clothing, along with some other options (such as body hair in the pre-GP patch).
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options

I've seen a pic in one article somewhere on the internet but it was a placeholder from TS3 Supernatural.
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Jasper7702 wrote: »

they did use words spell and conjure and i think even witch (which pack witch pack)
    so I am quite certain there will be witching in this in some form and old surveys show they were asking if we would buy witch pack so it seems quite sure that its witch witch and not just something like elementals are

I’m excited! I just hope that they don’t recycle any occult content and make something original. Vampires have a whole different aesthetic than witches. Werewolves would also be really interesting, and from my POV there isn’t a whole lot to go into them.
  • Options
    mjalletmjallet Posts: 47 Member
    I also really hope there's only one type of occult! I'd rather have one fully fleshed out then a whole bunch that are only ok.
  • Options
    CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Honestly I wish sims 3 supernatural had been broken into different packs because I never used vampires, barely used werewolves and fairies. I just want witches!
  • Options
    JeanJean Posts: 1,243 Member
    Pretty sure we'll get some type of alchemy/elixir making too. To tie in with the (almost sure) witches coming.
  • Options
    mjallet wrote: »
    I also really hope there's only one type of occult! I'd rather have one fully fleshed out then a whole bunch that are only ok.
    I want witches and werewolves at the least. I think they can add werewolves, because there isn’t a whole lot that goes into them except the transformation, and form. Maybe some other factors involving the ability to shift or a curse, but I don’t think it’s as in depth as witches or fairies. I might be wrong, but that’s what I’m thinking.

• Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    edited June 2019
    Just replicating a post from another thread, since this one seems to be more focused on speculation:

I find it unlikely that the pack will include more than 1 supernatural (witches). But witches vary so much according to lore and culture that I think many other supernatural beings can be covered if they create a wide array of skills and invest in customization, as someone said above.

Ideally, I’d like magic itself not to be restricted to a certain type of sim, but to be a skill, or a set of skills that come in different varieties and evolve in different ways.

So, for example, progress in the alchemy path could, aside from enabling the sim to make more powerful potions/elixirs, unlock certain abilities as you level up, such as conjure up raw materials, turn an object into another, turn a sim into a frog/rat/whatever, bring a dead sim back to life in exchange for another sim’s life, manipulate lifespans by transferring days of life from onde sim to another, etc. The sim would level up through the routinely usage of the skills and the creation of a certain amount of elixirs/potions.

Progress in the “academic magic” path could unlock more traditional skills, such as levitation, teleportation, curses and blessings, mind reading, bending another sim’s will, etc. The sim would level up through the study of plenty of books and constant skill usage.

Progress in the “natural magic” path could unlock elemental magic (fire, ice, lightning, meteors, earthquakes, growing plants, etc.) and maybe enable more interactions with animals, allowing the sim to call them forth or talk to them. The sim would level up through constant skill usage and different activities related to the elements, such as going out in a storm to be hit by lightning, interacting with X fireplaces or standing through a heatwave outside, going out during a blizzard, fishing, swimming, hunting for collectibles, making snowmen, interacting with plants and animals, etc.

I think around 10 skills per path might be enough (vampires had 25 in total I guess, so 30 is not unrealistic, specially considering we’re talking about witches here).

All these paths could also be just different branches in a single skill tree.

I think this system (or something similar to it) would be a nice way to give each sim a unique experience and it doesn’t seem unfeasible for a game pack.

As for the world (which I hope accompanies the pack), I’d like a mountainy landscape with a few castles (5 lots would be fine, like forgotten hollow, as long as there’s a wide public area around them full of nice details to explore).

In regard to items, I’d appreciate lush outfits and furniture for the local nobility. And of course, some rags for the peasants.
    Post edited by JohnVanGould on
  • Options
    JohnVanGouldJohnVanGould Posts: 124 Member
    Another one:

It would also be really cool if the developing team made use of their experiment with Strangerville and created a small, short quest for obtaining magical powers. I mean, how fun would it be going to a cave/dungeon in the new world, talking to an ancient wizard/witch (in my dreams it would be a dragon, but I know it won’t), and getting him some collectibles/books/etc. in exchange for a lesson in magic?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I want that whole Harry Potter (or Henry Puffer) package. I want my Hogwarts, I want my noseless part-immortals, I want my Quidditch.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    I want that whole Harry Potter (or Henry Puffer) package. I want my Hogwarts, I want my noseless part-immortals, I want my Quidditch.

I agree. I love the Harry Potter series!
  • Options
    Just replicating a post from another thread, since this one seems to be more focused in speculation:

I find it unlikely that the pack will include more than 1 supernatural (witches). But witches vary so much according to lore and culture that I think many other supernatural beings can be covered if they create a wide array of skills and invest in customization, as someone said above.

Ideally, I’d like magic itself not to be restricted to a certain type of sim, but to be a skill, or a set of skills that come in different varieties and evolve in different ways.

So, for example, progress in the alchemy path could, aside from enabling the sim to make more powerful potions/elixirs, unlock certain abilities as you level up, such as conjure up raw materials, turn an object into another, turn a sim into a frog/rat/whatever, bring a dead sim back to life in exchange for another sim’s life, manipulate lifespans by transferring days of life from onde sim to another, etc. The sim would level up through the routinely usage of the skills and the creation of a certain amount of elixirs/potions.

Progress in the “academic magic” path could unlock more traditional skills, such as levitation, teleportation, curses and blessings, mind reading, bending another sim’s will, etc. The sim would level up through the study of plenty of books and constant skill usage.

Progress in the “natural magic” path could unlock elemental magic (fire, ice, lightning, meteors, earthquakes, growing plants, etc.) and maybe enable more interactions with animals, allowing the sim to call them forth or talk to them. The sim would level up through constant skill usage and different activities related to the elements, such as going out in a storm to be hit by lightning, interacting with X fireplaces or standing through a heatwave outside, going out during a blizzard, fishing, swimming, hunting for collectibles, making snowmen, interacting with plants and animals, etc.

I think around 10 skills per path might be enough (vampires had 25 in total I guess, so 30 is not unrealistic, specially considering we’re talking about witches here).

All these paths could also be just different branches in a single skill tree.

I think this system (or something similar to it) would be a nice way to give each sim a unique experience and it doesn’t seem unfeasible for a game pack.

As for the world (which I hope accompanies the pack), I’d like a mountainy landscape with a few castles (5 lots would be fine, like forgotten hollow, as long as there’s a wide public area around them full of nice details to explore).

In regard to items, I’d appreciate lush outfits and furniture for the local nobility. And of course, some rags for the peasants.

Very well thought out. I can definitely see the pack like this, or the world being like a swamp.
  • Options
    SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm kind of hoping they bring back the Plantsim limited time challenge as a more permanent thing, but slightly differently. Maybe there could be a special type of Sim that brings goodies that when collected create something else. Or, just make the Forbidden Fruit tree a permanent fixture of the game, or perhaps create a way to conjure up the magic beans (and easter eggs, and sugar skulls). But they better not stop there. I'm looking forward to werewolves, fairies, witches or wizards, and maybe dragons, orcs, goblins, gremlins, bridge dwellers, dryads, centaurs, or elves (since they already basically have a SimSanta). Too bad they won't have them all given this is only a game pack and not an expansion pack.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • Options
    HimRumiHimRumi Posts: 1,444 Member
    A magic only destination inside of the world we’re given. Similar to what happened In Harry Potter when Hagrid pushed in stones on a wall to reveal Diagon Alley.

The ability to let the dishes wash themselves, mops to clean puddles etc.

A witch event kind of like volley ball except their on brooms and in the air.

Babies having the ability to provide youth and reduce lifespan days.

Various levels of Witchcraft (I loved the fact that Vampire lore had 14 levels? Why not make it the same for Witchcraft)
  • Options
    A magic only destination inside of the world we’re given. Similar to what happened In Harry Potter when Hagrid pushed in stones on a wall to reveal Diagon Alley.

A witch event kind of like volley ball except their on brooms and in the air.

Babies having the ability to provide youth and reduce lifespan days.

Various levels of Witchcraft (I loved the fact that Vampire lore had 14 levels? Why not make it the same for Witchcraft)

If they are only doing witches in the game pack. I have high expectations. I want a mix of: Harry Potter, Hocus Pocus, Maleficent, and Halloweentown. Not saying I want every aspect, but diversity in terms of powers, and hopefully a town or school of magic( unlikely, because we don’t have uni, but wait! We do have boats and not cars XD) I also hope they have forbidden spellls!
  • Options
    PeonymoonPeonymoon Posts: 17 Member
    We need supernatural pack with fairies withes and some werewolf's!!!! i mean it could be first like just pack and later add staff packs and monster packs

I really love fairy's!!! so we need one, it would be great add some dragon's and some maybe goblins! :) and i think it's fair to ask at least these main magic ones : fairy witches and werewolf's for year 2019!
  • Options
    puertoricanthangpuertoricanthang Posts: 88 Member
    edited June 2019
    I'm a bit skeptical to think we'd get more than one occult, but I sure hope we do as occult simmers have been neglected for far too long. As for what i'd like to see obviously alchemy and spells are a must. I'd also really like to see some of the magical items back such as the magic mirror, crystal ball, and cauldron. Maybe the voodoo doll can get some more supernatural interactions? As for what what occults i'd like to see apart from witches, my first choice would be fairies as they are so much fun in ts3 and i'd love to see what upgrades they'd have in the ts4. (also would like to recreate my fairy monarchy in ts4 :D ) I never really played with werewolves too much in ts3 and don't see myself playing with them all that often if we get them but I know a lot of people really want to see them so I would like too as well, I hope they would still be able to hunt for collectibles because that would help out my collecting obsession so much and my fairy queen might keep one around to help her find gemstones, lol. I would kind of like a lunar cycle and zombies that are half life states like plant sims and skeletons, but I hope they wouldn't be as annoying as in the ts3. Maybe zombies would only come out if a lot has tomb stones, kinda like ghosts, or maybe only in new special cemetery lots? Would also like if we got lunar cycles for previous occult's powers to be affected some how, such as being more powerful during full moons.
  • Options
    PeonymoonPeonymoon Posts: 17 Member
    > @puertoricanthang said:
    > I'm a bit skeptical to think we'd get more than one occult, but I sure hope we do as occult simmers have been neglected for far too long. As for what i'd like to see obviously alchemy and spells are a must. I'd also really like to see some of the magical items back such as the magic mirror, crystal ball, and cauldron. Maybe the voodoo doll can get some more supernatural interactions? As for what what occults i'd like to see apart from witches, my first choice would be fairies as they are so much fun in ts3 and i'd love to see what upgrades they'd have in the ts4. (also would like to recreate my fairy monarchy in ts4 :D ) I never really played with werewolves too much in ts3 and don't see myself playing with them all that often if we get them but I know a lot of people really want to see them so I would like too as well, I hope they would still be able to hunt for collectibles because that would help out my collecting obsession so much and my fairy queen might keep one around to help her find gemstones, lol. I would kind of like a lunar cycle and zombies that are half life states like plant sims and skeletons, but I hope they wouldn't be as annoying as in the ts3. Maybe zombies would only come out if a lot has tomb stones, kinda like ghosts, or maybe only in new special cemetery lots? Would also like if we got lunar cycles for previous occult's powers to be affected some how, such as being more powerful during full moons.

----

Ye! i mean all these of course! i think we might get either a supernatural pack! or a single packs like example : vampires.
  • Options

I agree that having a practical side to a witch's skills would be nice.