Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pre-made enthusiasts pls help me decide on a household from Sulani

I need to decide on a host family for my sim Eldigan (avatar) during his stay at Sulani.

In case that helps, his traits are Bookworm, Outgoing and Loves the Outdoors. A three star celebrity from his photography and travel videos he is not fond of real work, but a cheerful, optimistic fellow. He's also interested in history.

Looking back on two failed relationship Eldigan is also looking for love. To that end I'd rather not break up the Kahananui and Ngata, but the other two households seem to have an available single in them each.

And probably the most decisive factor: Kahananui and Hoapili seem to live in landlocked dwellings while Ngata and Kealoha have access to the open water.

Family images and descriptions from The English Simmer's video here:

https://youtu.be/1sGQGrU8Ew0

1yyjhr.jpg

2fckmw.jpg

3lsj68.jpg

4w7jfe.png

Pre-made enthusiasts pls help me decide on a household from Sulani 54 votes

Kahananui
9%
Thunderbat87happyopiMaiaPlaysSimsL0uWynnox 5 votes
Ngata
20%
Akl500PJeanCAITLINX354mariajane216DoloresGreykalaksedImSandsthatsnotswegRae357whimreaperlvndr 11 votes
Hoapili
42%
PlayerSinger2010keekee53DJQ1308JestTruSxcDannii202Briel24Glimmer50stehlampeXxAirixXBOYAquaGamer1212illustratedhappinessSimtown15Pamtastic72JemmaTheSimmersuperkyle221ItsJanierlogioncitysimmerHannee 23 votes
Kealoha
27%
cchant86HimRumiCheekybitsBlueSeaWavesbixtersAlbaWaterhouseloutredorelumaeRexZhengListentoToppDoggJennCsimmernerdfashionxstxrrysequenceblissfall31Jennifer_ 15 votes

Comments

• XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    Hoapili
    I say the Hoapili family. I imagine that the elderly lady knows all about land and would want to share it with newcomers and the younger generations.
  • Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    Hoapili
    I agree with the other poster. Since he's a history buff that seems the best fit, because the elder lady would likely enjoy teaching him the ways of Sulani, and who knows, maybe he can win the heart of the lovely young lady too.
  • CAITLINX354CAITLINX354 Posts: 157 Member
    Ngata
    Whoops! I meant the Hoapili family.

I also love the idea of using your sim and moving them in with a townie household like a study abroad trip. It's giving me ideas for my own gameplay.
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    Hoapili
    Keala has already taken Lia under her wing, so she’d probably be willing to take in another. plus i just like them and their story, i may play with them too.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • ListentoToppDoggListentoToppDogg Posts: 2,103 Member
    Kealoha
    I accidentally clicked Kealoha, but I meant Hoapili since your sim is interested in the history of Sulani.
  • kalaksedkalaksed Posts: 2,643 Member
    Ngata
    i went with ngata because they've already taken another outsider in, so that could likely make things easier all around. but, at the same time, i think your sim would likely spend much of their free time at the hoapili household, learning from keala and...possibly trying to woo lia. (to me, the wooing feels much better when not actually staying with the household. that kind of feels like trying to take advantage of the hospitality)
  • Glimmer50Glimmer50 Posts: 2,365 Member
    Hoapili
    Your sim could fall in love with Lia and together they could populate the island with many generations who know the ways of Sulani. They could even get married and start with just living off the land, then eventually work up to a nice house. So many story possibilities there.
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Kahananui
    Ok first bless you OP for the premades screens (and sharing the video).

I think the Kahananui, self proclaimed Sulani ambassadors, would be a pretty good starting point. Ideally his travel videos would have him approach Keala anyway, but staying at theirs would be the most comfortable.
    As for the beach, even if their lot is not built directly on water, the neighborhood seems to have all you need.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2019
    Hoapili
    I think it makes sense that Keala would let another sim live at their house.
    Glimmer50 wrote: »
    Your sim could fall in love with Lia and together they could populate the island with many generations who know the ways of Sulani. They could even get married and start with just living off the land, then eventually work up to a nice house. So many story possibilities there.

They would have to adopt in that case, Lia cannot have children. Well, unless you change it in CAS.

• EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    kalaksed wrote: »
    i went with ngata because they've already taken another outsider in, so that could likely make things easier all around. but, at the same time, i think your sim would likely spend much of their free time at the hoapili household, learning from keala and...possibly trying to woo lia. (to me, the wooing feels much better when not actually staying with the household. that kind of feels like trying to take advantage of the hospitality)

Looked like a clear win for Hoapili and especially Lia, but then a read this. I think Eldigan would also get a headstart on the friendship bar with Lia just from getting moved into the household, which feels like cheating indeed. Guess I'll watch a little longer how Ngata and Kahananui fare against each other.

Thank you everyone who has voted/commented so far <3
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    All the premades look good.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    Kealoha
    1. You don't have to break anyone up for Eldigan
    2. They honor the past and would probably love to share the traditions of Sulani with him
    3. They have beachfront property. Who doesn't want beachfront property?
    funny-gifs20.gif

• loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    Kealoha
    I voted for the Kealohas because personally I prefer fuller households, and with the little toddler things are bound to be lively. Plus as you said they have access to the water, and an available single (though I'm not sure which one it is, does anyone know? I've been hoping the sim from the trailer would be single because he is pretty cute, but now that I see his household I doubt it). Anyway for me they sound like a lot of fun.
    loutredor wrote: »
    [...] and an available single (though I'm not sure which one it is, does anyone know? [...]

I have no idea how they are related. But the bio states they are a young family, so I figured one of the men is the husband and the other the tagalong brother? A young family probably wouldn't have a teenaged son already, only a toddler.
  • loutredorloutredor Posts: 404 Member
    edited June 2019
    Kealoha
    [...] and an available single (though I'm not sure which one it is, does anyone know? [...]

I have no idea how they are related. But the bio states they are a young family, so I figured one of the men is the husband and the other the tagalong brother? A young family probably wouldn't have a teenaged son already, only a toddler.

Oh yeah it makes sense, you're probably right! I couldn't find how they are related either from the videos I watched, but I saw the sim in the middle (Makoa Kealoha) is a young adult, so that does seem too young for the other male sim to be his son.

Edit: I can confirm the third sim doesn't have the same family name, his name is Duane Talla. But he is a teen.
    Post edited by loutredor on
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Hoapili
    Hoapili because of the island knowledge.

On a personal note, I think the other families might get the delete key LOL. I will keep one so there will be at least one native family. I am not really impressed with the families to be honest. Maybe I will just create my own Natives...LOL
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

Technically you _can_ make young adults with teen children, although, yes, that does raise some questions. I'm also wondering whether the woman in the household is an adult (married to the young adult) who is the mom of the teen; the young adult man from the trailer could be the teen's stepdad.
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Oops, forgot to add: if he is the stepdad, being a blended family could explain the teen's different last name.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    why not simply create a brand new sim family?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    why not simply create a brand new sim family?

Because I already have 18 played households in that save.

Okay, I've made my decision.

Hoapili is leading the poll, but since I have decided to romance Lia with my sim he will live with the runner-up family instead. At 25% that is the Kealoha family.

We can leave the thread open and chat about the premades some more.