Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

350 Swatches Are Doors ONLY!

Comments

• AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    While I do think they really should have been upfront about the swatches being doors I think it's better that they unified a whole section instead of doing a little here, a little there, ect leaving gaps everywhere. Hopefully they will unify other sections as well.
  • AncientcivAncientciv Posts: 55 Member
    should have been furniture
  • CatSaarCatSaar Posts: 45 Member
    I feel this would have been received better if they had just gone like "hey we're updating a bunch of doors for you all" I'm still happy they did this but the way they communicated this got expectations too high. It's better to under promise and over deliver. I really was hoping on some new counter swatches. Still happy I'm going to be able to use a lot of doors in new ways, but yeah expectations could have been managed better.
  • gabbyistomkimgabbyistomkim Posts: 21 Member
    Disappointed but not surprised.
  • Fonxi121994Fonxi121994 Posts: 457 Member
    Disappointing. Once again.
    The changes came slowly at first. Most didn't realize, or didn't care, and accepted them. They chose a comfortable life.
  • TopNotchToddlerTopNotchToddler Posts: 190 Member
    Wow, that's hilarious. I can't believe they did that. My first reactions were anger and disappointment, but now I am just awestruck by the perfidia of such a PR stunt.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,174 Member
    edited June 2019
    56 small doors, 11 medium doors and 2 big doors are in the basegame... that could means 5 new colors for each door.

• xstxrrysequencexstxrrysequence Posts: 3,194 Member
    Am I the only one that’s actually fine with this...?
    image0.gif
    Do you like games that involve strategy? Do you like solving a mystery?
    Come try a Mafia Game!
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Wait What!? Oh this is just....seriously are they just trying to satisfy the EA Game changers who are complaining about the doors and are not listening to the community at all?

EA/Maxis does not care about the “community” because there is no “community” like there was in the past. They shattered that themselves through their own divisive actions, statements, and PR games.

They keep this game alive on marketing which they toss tons of money at every single year. If they had a community to get excited they wouldn’t have to play nonsense games over measly additions no one really cares about. They also wouldn’t have to constantly, and desperately, try to get ‘new’ players into the mix through whatever means necessary. I get Sims 4 is a live service game, but some people here say that as if it makes what Sims 4 does normal. They are desperate with this game, and they don’t have to be, but they sure aren’t trying to fix anything so they have no other choice.

Couldn’t agree more.
    logion wrote: »
    Wait What!? Oh this is just....seriously are they just trying to satisfy the EA Game changers who are complaining about the doors and are not listening to the community at all?

It does feel really weird that a certain popular Game Changer said she wanted more door colors and now it's added. I can only hope she already knew it was in progress and added her color wishes on top. But without any actual info it feels like they once again ignore the "normal community".

I agree with that too. Coincidence ? I think not.
  • KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Am I the only one that’s actually fine with this...?

There's always someone who is. Maxis could say "our next EP is watching paint dry. And the gameplay consists of two cans of paint and a blank wall for you to paint. Then you just watch it dry."And someone would say im not the only one who like this am I? YASSSSS!!!

I feel there some people who will honestly love anything they do...
    And honestly it just makes me shake my head more.
  • tinacolada00tinacolada00 Posts: 409 Member
    I too wish they would have mentioned the update is for doors only right now. I had my hopes up for new kitchen counter swatches. The cheap base game cabinets would look fabulous in white. Oh, im crushed! But hopefully this is just the beginning of matching swatches. I dont expect them to do everything all at once.. maybe doors was just the first item to tackle?
  • AwkwardAquaAwkwardAqua Posts: 58 Member
    I too wish they would have mentioned the update is for doors only right now. I had my hopes up for new kitchen counter swatches. The cheap base game cabinets would look fabulous in white. Oh, im crushed! But hopefully this is just the beginning of matching swatches. I dont expect them to do everything all at once.. maybe doors was just the first item to tackle?

One can only hope that is the case. It would be nice if they start implementing swatch updates for all sorts of base game furniture.
    giphy.gif
    Origin ID: awkwardaqua
  • Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    56 small doors, 11 medium doors and 2 big doors are in the basegame... that could means 5 new colors for each door.

This. Right. Here. If it was 350 swatches through the entire base game catalog it would basically be nothing. I'm hoping this trend of recolors continues in the future, but for now I'm excited some doors are finally going to match!
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    Bruuhh.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Wow. 350 swatches and they're all just doors. Just doors.

There better be a door for every single occasion I think of and havent yet thought of. Because this is just sad.
  • BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    i would love some new hair color swatches.

but y'all. it's a free update. free. plus builders have been asking for it forever.
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    edited June 2019
    BOY wrote: »

but y'all. it's a free update. free. plus builders have been asking for it forever.

Free or not they should not be misleading people. If they had any principles they would have been specific about what the update was for. So that people would know it was just for that one object and not an overall Build/Buy update. That is NOT asking too much . And Im a bit tired of people expecting others to be okay with the way they conduct themselves .
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    So I’m a little disappointed but it’s not the end of the world and hopefully it opens the ability for more in the future. Seen a little bit of unnecessary rudeness though, nothing wrong with someone liking it. It’s their opinion as you being upset is yours.
  • EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    So I’m a little disappointed but it’s not the end of the world and hopefully it opens the ability for more in the future. Seen a little bit of unnecessary rudeness though, nothing wrong with someone liking it. It’s their opinion as you being upset is yours.

Sims 4 downgraded from create a style to no way for players to input their own style choices at all. So I of course do see this as a reason to be upset and disgusted when they hype things up as if its a new feature we get to explore , when its just a recolor of doors in the base game .
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »

Sims 4 downgraded from create a style to no way for players to input their own style choices at all. So I of course do see this as a reason to be upset and disgusted when they hype things up as if its a new feature we get to explore , when its just a recolor of doors in the base game .

I was talking about being rude to a fellow simmer because they were excited but okay. I didn’t say don’t be upset. I don’t care about your opinion but it doesn’t give you or anyone the right to degrade someone for liking this. I saw multiple posts that were very rude towards a fellow simmer for their excitement. We all play differently and are excited by different things. I’ve seen many builders thrilled by this.

Matching swatches is a good thing in any capacity it opens up the possibility for more in the future. I for one hope all of our wood swatches match eventually. The furniture drives me a bit crazy so I tend to mismatch a lot lol. It works but I’d like improvements for sure on wood swatches especially.

I am sorry you are so upset and hope you get your wishes for the game. I know doors weren’t what a lot wanted including me, but the new patch is going to be very nice.
  • drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,114 Member
    BOY wrote: »

Nothing is free. Every update we have gotten or will ever get was included in the price when we bought the game. A lot of people seem to not understand that. When they issue new content to the base game it isn’t free, it never was and it never will be unless you took advantage of the super deal where the game itself was free.
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I only download houses from the gallery and don't build, so I don't really care if it's four doors are other things. Therefore I find it a little bit funny that they would release that many colors just four doors. I feel like people were asking them for new door colors for so long and they were just like fine here is 350 different door colors. I'm now curious to see someone build like this giant mansion just covered in doors instead of walls using every color of door there is hahaha! Why I have no idea I just think it'd be funny.

I would love to see some more swatches for other things too and I think that with the release of all these we will eventually get a recoloring of other items too.

people were asking for things to match more so I wonder if it's easier to start by uploading always watches for one type of item and then moving on to adding the same ones for other types of items so that eventually we get more matching sets or something. I do feel bad for people who are really looking forward to swatches for other things though but for myself I'm totally fine with it
  • JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Maybe one will be a star wars costume for you door. Or hey a gnome gdoor.