Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Farming Expansion Hints in Island Living

Comments

• Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member
    Farming EP? I can’t think of anything more boring, keep it!
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    Holiday wrote: »

Many feel the same way about occult packs. So to each their own. 🤷‍♀️
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member

my goal is to have werewolf steal lambs off someones farm :sunglasses:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    While I'd love for this to be a hint, I'm not going to hype it up to quickly. I'd rather avoid being disappointed, and there are so many other things I also want, anyway. The reason I don't take it as a hint is, as other people have said, chicken are pretty ubiquitous in the areas this pack draws inspiration from, especially Kauai, apparently. Sure, putting chickens in there is a deliberate choice, but I tend to think it's mostly a way to represent something that is very important to the culture and atmosphere of the places they try to represent.
  • Options
    HolidayHoliday Posts: 681 Member

Nobody mentioned occult packs, this thread was about farming.
  • Options
    JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited June 2019
    A farming pack would be a welcome addition. But it better have horses and some Grandpa Grove/Country Living features. I thoroughly enjoyed horses in Sims 3.

@EnjoyfulSimmer I play both but I in no way feel Sims 3 is more inferior to Sims 4. I can only speak for myself of course. Personally I enjoy Sims 3, as to me there really is more to do in the game at the moment than Sims 4. I really love the houseboats, diving, horses, witches, University, Showtime features, and even going into the future can be fun and having all that future tech like hoverboards and CAW so I could add all the cool features from every pack into one world. But the Sims 3 base game was just as lacking as the Sims 4 base. And I love the look and feel of Sims 4, I actually play with the Sims more in Sims 4 than I have in any other version of the Sims. With that said if Sims 3 looked like Sims 4 than sims 3 would probably be better than 4.
    WbUrFQm.png
  • Options
    ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2019
    I think they definitely drop hints in the game for future stuff, however I am of the opinion that we are likely getting something akin to universities first, and that they only recently started working on a farming EP. I don't have an interest in either pack strongly, but I hope we eventually get both for those who do want it! I'll have to see them both to find out if I have an interest in them. University would be fun if they did all school as well, kids and teens included. That would make it a must buy for me, otherwise I don't really care.

As for TS3 versus TS4, I only recently started playing TS4 because it finally has enough packs and stuff out for me to personally enjoy (we have pools and toddlers, etc). But, now that it has more content and I am playing it, I enjoy it more than TS3 and took all of my TS3 stuff off my computer. TS3 still has more content technically, but it's just not as enjoyable to me anymore. Especially since some of my favourite stuff was so laggy and slow it was almost a chore to play: Island Paradise on TS3 was nigh impossible to get working. I'll miss house boats and diving, but I could also barely play with them to begin with.

I also really, really like the lot system. I know it's super unpopular, but I can travel to any world now, and the loading is fast, the graphics smooth. The huge open world of TS3 was laggy as heck. Sure, I didn't have a load screen, but I had to dial down the graphics and I did have to watch my Sims take a taxi or walk for longer than it takes to load a new neighbourhood on TS4 for me. I also had a hard time traveling with my full sims family to places in TS3...but in TS4, it's super simple and just a few clicks.
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    I'd love to have horses, farm animals that you could maybe raise from young offspring, witches, robots and anything new or twists to old packs.
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    TheMagnoliaTheMagnolia Posts: 174 Member
    I hope we don’t get it before University.
  • Options
    Themrsg4422Themrsg4422 Posts: 332 Member
    I hope we don’t get it before University.

So true! My game always feels incomplete before University comes out. Whatever we get afterwards is just icing on the cake. I'd definitely be open to a farming pack later.
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    For the first time, I think I rather have University and that was one of my least favorites. It gives more sims something to do and quite honestly, farming sounds so boring. They would really have to go all out to make it appeal to more people.

At best, it should be a game pack. We can already grow food and we are getting an off the grid lot. So what can they really add that is truly new? Maybe a grocery store, farmers market and horses. I suggest horses as more people will like that.
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    I love Sims 3 but I love Sims 4 as well for different reasons. I don't care which pack comes first, farming or Uni but I think that Farming would probably be best done as a game pack. Uni, of course is a huge undertaking and will have to be an expansion. I think the hints are valid, they are ubiquitous, obvious and a self-fulfilling prophecy.
  • Options
    cheescaekscheescaeks Posts: 902 Member
    edited June 2019
    XxAirixX wrote: »
    For the first time, I think I rather have University and that was one of my least favorites. It gives more sims something to do and quite honestly, farming sounds so boring. They would really have to go all out to make it appeal to more people.

At best, it should be a game pack. We can already grow food and we are getting an off the grid lot. So what can they really add that is truly new? Maybe a grocery store, farmers market and horses. I suggest horses as more people will like that.

im hoping for how they did the dolphins and add cows and pigs and chickens. can't edit in cas, but fully interactive. horses would be editable in cas. large world with huge lots and a farmers market that pops up every weekend. solar panels, water wells, fully off the grid but can still have electricity that the player would have to keep track off or else it would go out. things like rocking chairs, mechanical bull, jarring, knitting, etc. i think it could be a really well done expansion.

edit: atv, offroad vehicles. wouldn't be "cars" but would still be rideable like jet skis. and mulch bins where we can put our trash and get fertilizer
    Post edited by cheescaeks on
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Chickens are an island staple in Real Life. You can't walk anywhere without seeing chickens running around. Especially in some of the more rural areas where so many islanders live a very basic and simple life. Heck, I was in Florida a couple years ago and we took a road trip down the coast to see Key West. There were chickens everywhere! Even inside some of the hole-in-the-wall restaurants! And no one thought anything about it. So to see chickens running around Sulani is something that is totally realistic and expected. But I am not against a farming pack of some kind in Sims4. The teams managed to open up the world of Sulani in order to make more room for boating and aquazips, so the idea of having more open areas to allow for horses to be ridden, isn't as impossible as we once thought. The horses in Sims3 were gorgeous and a lot of fun, but they spawned everywhere which didn't seem very realistic to me. I remember them spawning in the big cities and causing all kinds of routing issues. Just...no. That isn't normal. So if the teams decide to do a farming pack, I would love to see horses in it. And chickens, of course. :)
  • Options
    TheIntrovertSimmerTheIntrovertSimmer Posts: 641 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    Chickens are an island staple in Real Life. You can't walk anywhere without seeing chickens running around. Especially in some of the more rural areas where so many islanders live a very basic and simple life. Heck, I was in Florida a couple years ago and we took a road trip down the coast to see Key West. There were chickens everywhere! Even inside some of the hole-in-the-wall restaurants! And no one thought anything about it. So to see chickens running around Sulani is something that is totally realistic and expected. But I am not against a farming pack of some kind in Sims4. The teams managed to open up the world of Sulani in order to make more room for boating and aquazips, so the idea of having more open areas to allow for horses to be ridden, isn't as impossible as we once thought. The horses in Sims3 were gorgeous and a lot of fun, but they spawned everywhere which didn't seem very realistic to me. I remember them spawning in the big cities and causing all kinds of routing issues. Just...no. That isn't normal. So if the teams decide to do a farming pack, I would love to see horses in it. And chickens, of course. :)

I'm aware of that. Chickens were even featured in Moana iirc, right? LOL
    y'all got bread?
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    edited June 2019
    I lived in Hawaii for 3 years and wild chickens are everywhere! lol.
    But I am excited to see them in Sims 4 and hoping our farming expansion with include horses :) (I've mentioned horses too many times on this forum already)
  • Options
    AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I really hope for a farming expansion! Have chickens, pigs, sheep, cows, and alpacas/llamas to raise. Get things like milk, eggs, make butter. And grow fields of wheat and corn, and have a small tractor harvester. And like dolphins the animals can be cute and interactive! Having a farmers market to sell produce, and have added stores for grocery shopping ts2 style! Maybe even bull riding machine game and yeehaw and farmer style decor. Itd be great, I love Harvest Moon and Rune Factory games so it really makes it a fun and relaxing gameplay.
  • Options
    AspenSimsAspenSims Posts: 603 Member
    Loftyy wrote: »
    I lived in Hawaii for 3 years and wild chickens are everywhere! lol.
    But I am excited to see them in Sims 4 and hoping our farming expansion with include horses :) (I've mentioned horses too many times on this forum already)

I was just going to mention Hawaii! Lol there really are chickens everywhere! I saw a bunch of chickens in the parking lot at Waimea bay and I was like what? :D
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I just saw this on twitter and had my wig snatched. I've been wanting for a farming expansion for almost two years already so this made me so happy.

And let's not all forgot that SimGuruGrant's twitter poll hyping a farming expansion.

Plus, look at all those chickens, they look better than we what we had in the sims 3. No shade to my superior sims game but this honestly just looks amazing to me.

EDIT: And as for when I believe it'd come. I do think it would come in November aka EP 8. When a second ep was announced last year after seasons, we immediately screamed for university but get famous was released instead.

I can't agree at all that these chicken look better than the ones from TS3. TS3 chickens weren't really detailed either, but these TS4 chickens look bad with their edges. I guess I won't notice them that much though because I usually don't zoom in that much.

I don't really believe in hints (and I think you can find "hints" for all upcoming packs if you look hard enough and want to believe in hints), but I'm still hoping for a farming pack with different animals. I just don't know how much to expect at this point...

You don‘t believe in hints? StrangerVille literally had a calendar with an image of Sulani that circled the release date June 21 lmao

D7R6ie6WwAAXK9x?format=jpg&name=large
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2019
    It gives more sims something to do and quite honestly, farming sounds so boring. They would really have to go all out to make it appeal to more people.
    • Raise, breed and care for various types of farm animals that are as interactive as the dolphin from Island Living! Possibilities include cows, chickens, sheep, llamas, goats
    • Making nectar (Wine) from fruits your Sim has grown on the farm
    • Farmer‘s market with livestock competitions and a mechanical rodeo bull!
    • Horses that can be ridden or trained and owned as pets! A new riding skill!
    • Unicorns!
    • Turn animal produce like milk into butter using butter churn or wool into yarn using spinning wheel!
    • Canning - can fruits and vegetables so that you have something to eat in winter!
    • Homeschooling for kids!
    • Tractors!
    • Haystack WooHoo - have fun in a pile of hay like in Sims 3: Pets!
    • Barn doors
    • Rocking chairs!
    • New side jobs for farmers like delivering 6 eggs to your neighbor (odd jobs) or part-time job as riding teacher
    • Expand Off The Grid - add functional water pumps, windmills, generators or solar panels that makes your Sim produce their own water or electricity and have the possibility to break
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member

Yeah, farming is just going to be more chore style gameplay. Feed animals, groom animals, clean up after animals. Im starting to realize that I have nothing in common with the majority of "simmers" .
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    EnjoyfulSimmerEnjoyfulSimmer Posts: 1,242 Member
    It gives more sims something to do and quite honestly, farming sounds so boring. They would really have to go all out to make it appeal to more people.
    • Raise, breed and care for various types of farm animals that are as interactive as the dolphin from Island Living! Possibilities include cows, chickens, sheep, llamas, goats
    • Making nectar (Wine) from fruits your Sim has grown on the farm
    • Farmer‘s market with livestock competitions and a mechanical rodeo bull!
    • Horses that can be ridden or trained and owned as pets! A new riding skill!
    • Unicorns!
    • Turn animal produce like milk into butter using butter churn or wool into yarn using spinning wheel!
    • Canning - can fruits and vegetables so that you have something to eat in winter!
    • Homeschooling for kids!
    • Tractors!
    • Haystack WooHoo - have fun in a pile of hay like in Sims 3: Pets!
    • Barn doors
    • Rocking chairs!
    • New side jobs for farmers like delivering 6 eggs to your neighbor (odd jobs) or part-time job as riding teacher
    • Expand Off The Grid - add functional water pumps, windmills, generators or solar panels that makes your Sim produce their own water or electricity and have the possibility to break

Yup obvious hinting .I will be on the lookout for some more.
    "Let Our Hearts And Hands Be Streched Out In Compassion Toward Others."
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited June 2019
    chicken still looks 2.5d for me, but I understand that they are just ambient creature like seagull in brindleton bay, when they released the farming exp I really want them to have the same quality model and texture as cats or dogs
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    Jasper7702Jasper7702 Posts: 300 Member
    With the upcoming patch. There will be an off the grid Lot Trait. Could this be building the base for a farming expansion?
  • Options
    PeonymoonPeonymoon Posts: 17 Member
    I got so sad to NOT seeing horses in sims 4 :( we need Farming pack now