Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Different MCCC settings for different saves

I coulda sworn it used to be that settings you set for different saves would hold. So, you could switch between different saves with different MCCC settings without having to manually change them each time. But, it seems like that's not the case anymore? Has anyone else noticed/experienced this?

Like, sometimes I want same sex pregnancy enabled and sometimes I don't, or sometimes I want story progression on or off, or set to different percentages depending on the save, and I remember that not being an issue and it would just...remember it somehow? But now when I change it it seems to change for ALL the saves I have. Is that I setting I have enabled and don't know about? Or just a blanket change for the recent versions? Anyone know?

Comments

• BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    Try the MC Settings Profiler, also written by @Deaderpool (author of MCCC):
    https://deaderpool-mccc.com/#/downloads/mc_profiler
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    Bonxie wrote: »

Okay, thanks. Not really a perfect solution, cause I'd have to relaunch the game every time I want to switch settings, instead of just having the saves do it. Honestly, it might be easier to just manually change the settings so I don't have to relaunch or know exactly which save I want to play before opening the game. But still, good to know it's an option! And at least now I know that there's not a way built into the mod to do what I'm thinking of--I wonder why it was changed? Cause I so remember it working like that when I first started using MCCC.
  • BonxieBonxie Posts: 5,695 Member
    edited June 2019
    FanPhoria wrote: »
    Bonxie wrote: »

Okay, thanks. Not really a perfect solution, cause I'd have to relaunch the game every time I want to switch settings, instead of just having the saves do it. Honestly, it might be easier to just manually change the settings so I don't have to relaunch or know exactly which save I want to play before opening the game. But still, good to know it's an option! And at least now I know that there's not a way built into the mod to do what I'm thinking of--I wonder why it was changed? Cause I so remember it working like that when I first started using MCCC.

I'm pretty sure, that there never was such an option in MCCC. Only thing I could imagine is, that what you've noticed was a sideeffect of something else. Technically speaking you can't change MCCC settings once the game is up and running, at least so far I know. But I will show your post to Deaderpool (author of MCCC), maybe he has an idea.
    Bonxie: Great Skua, stercorarius skua. Meet me on Fair Isle.