Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Animals (not pets!!!)

AlveAlve Posts: 101 Member
I was surprised they added two new animals (as I understood it) in the new EP (dolphins and turtles), and I've really enjoyed the addition of doves and birds in public places, rats in apartments etc, as it adds a bit of realism. I would love if they had like a gamepack which added just loads of animals that would sometimes show up in backyards, Granite Falls and so on. Maybe combine it with farming where we could have llamas, cows etc. You know more animals than just pets! IMO they wouldn't have to be as intricate as cats and dogs, but just add a bit of flavor. Maybe you could add a wildlife photographer skill, certain plants would attract certain animals, some animals could be a bit dangerous etc. Anyway I think llamas def should be in the game lol

Comments

• SimQueenie9SimQueenie9 Posts: 2,944 Member
    I would love the ability to have cows, pigs, chicken, sheep, goats, and rabbits.
  • ellisellis Posts: 16 Member
    Thats's a really cool idea for an EP. You could have farming as a career and work from home. It could be an add-on to the seasons EP where you can plant in winter and spring, scare away birds, harvest in autumn, milk the cows, etc. Maybe butchering shouldn't be included but you get the idea :)
  • DreamCytcherDreamCytcher Posts: 168 Member
    I miss skunks roaming around the lot and farting when a sim approach them like in TS2…
  • SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I'd like to see deer
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    ellis wrote: »
    Thats's a really cool idea for an EP. You could have farming as a career and work from home. It could be an add-on to the seasons EP where you can plant in winter and spring, scare away birds, harvest in autumn, milk the cows, etc. Maybe butchering shouldn't be included but you get the idea :)
    Farmer shouldn’t be a career since as a farmer you‘re not employed and make money on your own.
    Instead they should make use of the new Odd Jobs they introduced in Island Living, where people might request “2 cans of milk for my milk bath“ or “7 eggs for my cake“.
    a256aFi.gif
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    Y'all I just REALLY want ALPACAS please. XD llamas would do too but alpacas are cuter and fluffier
  • ZzMANzZZzMANzZ Posts: 72 Member
    I like the idea of a game pack for farming, with larger lands to build on. I would love to build and run a zoo. Feed the animals, get mauled, set ticket prices, buy animals like panda's from another zoo.
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    We could do with Australia's big-bird...
    They wonder around many of our towns, and smaller cities.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwVBMNj2Wbk

They like to run, just because the can.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWEKkW_e-aQ

They dance like Peter Garrett
    peter-garrett-dancing-gif.gif
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGyG1ZiG8_o

They like apples almost as much as they like baths... and the look like skeksis swans
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYL_l0MxgMY
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Hoping for a Farming Pack, I would love to have Cows and Pigs

And for a Werewolves GP it would be an awesome second chance, Go get bears, Cougars, Moose/deer, Wolves.
    I actually do want a Hunting Hobby. Not with guns, but maybe an Archery Skill.
    Sims can fish, so I don't see why Hunting should be frowned upon. you just click on the sim and say like "Go Hunting" Dogs almost and with your dogs. the sim runs off the lot into a habit hole. Maybe they come back with nothing, or maybe they come back with Antlers to mount on the wall, decorate your mantle, or an animal head, on a plaque, animal skin, as a rug/blanket.
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • PeonymoonPeonymoon Posts: 17 Member
    I agree! it would be a great pack farming/zoo pack and please, can we add also horses, i really love horses from sims 3! if we don't get horses, then those other pack as I mentioned is fair!

It doesn't need to be anything big!!!! i mean, few extra would be so awesome extra! with new skills like example have a business as farmer or have new career as zookeeper!
  • IceColdPainIceColdPain Posts: 35 Member
    I really want chicken coops and other farm animals (rabbit cages please <3) and a farm stand to sell my produce, and a farmers market. I love all of everyone ideas!
  • moltaziamoltazia Posts: 58 Member
    id love for my sims to have a pet crow.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    I'd like these for wild roaming animals

1. Deer
    2. Raccoons
    3. Wolves
    4. Skunk

I's like these critters for parks & woodsy zones

1. Chipmunks
    2. Squirels
    3. Rabbits
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • jadonbakesjadonbakes Posts: 294 Member
    It's a little morbid, but a lot of livestock is raised to become dinner. That's dark, but true. So, I could see a Sims 4 farming pack not going over too well. I like the snakes in Strangerville and the sheep in Windenburg and the chickens coming to Island Living, etc. Background animals are cool.
  • AngelluluAngellulu Posts: 634 Member
    I NEED Llamas/Alpacas!! As well as cows, chickens, and sheep, and maybe some fluffy bunnies.
    But Alpacas the most honestly.
    I really want them to be non-meat related, like not for meat harvesting, and just to harvest wool, eggs, milk.
    And butter turning.
    And wheat and corn fields.
    And farmers market event/location to go to sell produce.
    And recipes needing milk, eggs, butter ingredients and others to make them cheap/free, to feel like it utilizes them more.
    Those sims who dont want to farm can go to a store to buy groceries (have a cart and fridge+greens/fruits+bread+etc isles and checkout) to feel more immersive and fun, or for those who hate life and shopping can just order groceries through computer online.
    I want to have alpacas, llamas, chickens, cows, and sheep to be able to roam the grass and chew it, chew hay, drink water, have interactions with each other, scratch against the fence, sleep/sit, do their business in proper hay pile, and be able to wash, brush, pet, kiss, and boop their noses.
    And of course harvest interactions of eggs, wool cutting, milking.
    I love harvest moon and rune factory games and it adds lots of fun to the game, something you'd normally not do IRL. I love fantasy aspect of sims for that very reason, I cant have vampires and mermaids IRL running for president or visit desert on a whim, so to me this gameplay is great. I kinda hope vampires could feed on animals (maybe animals get 2 dots on neck and just dont produce as much milk/wool) for funny country style vampire gameplay xD he has yeehaw southern accent and dresses the farmer part and feeds on them to be more mindful of not hurting other sims. Hahaha, or like a cook who wants best ingredients for cakes and such to grow his own wheat, chickens, and cows for best and fresh ingredients. The farming of plants would get a nice overhaul too to make it more productive and fun. So yeah
  • ellisellis Posts: 16 Member
    > @jadonbakes said:
    > It's a little morbid, but a lot of livestock is raised to become dinner. That's dark, but true. So, I could see a Sims 4 farming pack not going over too well. I like the snakes in Strangerville and the sheep in Windenburg and the chickens coming to Island Living, etc. Background animals are cool.

yeah.. but i guess you could skip that part and only use animals for dairy products
  • MinaiMinai Posts: 705 Member
    I'd like to see deer

Yes!
    redrogue60 wrote: »

1. Deer
    2. Raccoons
    3. Wolves
    4. Skunk

1. Chipmunks
    2. Squirels
    3. Rabbits

Of all of them, the only ones that I've ever seen outside of a zoo are deer (they're farmed here), and rabbits (they're classed as a feral pest but some people keep them as pets)

The roaming animals that are seen most often here are emus, and brown snakes, and roos, on occasion. And if you're really lucky, the rare echidna.
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Movotti wrote: »
    redrogue60 wrote: »

1. Deer
    2. Raccoons
    3. Wolves
    4. Skunk

1. Chipmunks
    2. Squirels
    3. Rabbits

Of all of them, the only ones that I've ever seen outside of a zoo are deer (they're farmed here), and rabbits (they're classed as a feral pest but some people keep them as pets)

The roaming animals that are seen most often here are emus, and brown snakes, and roos, on occasion. And if you're really lucky, the rare echidna.

I would love to have roaming kangaroos! I have seen an emu or two on farms where I live, but not in the wild, of course.

Of the animals quoted, I have seen all but the wolf. Fortunately, those I've only seen in zoos. We do have coyote, black bears, and the occasional bobcat. Not to mention groundhogs and opossum.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited October 2019
    Moose, deer, elk on rare occasion, bob cat, lynx, mountain lion, red fox, grey fox, coy dog, coyote, brown bear, black bear, skunk, raccoon, possum, squirrels of various colors, chip monks, voles, moles,all kinds of birds from eagles to hawk to Blue Herons, loons, geese of all kinds, ducks of all kinds, all kind of sea birds, snakes, turtles, frogs, toads, - Maine is full of mountains and forests - very few cities mostly small towns so we have way more wildlife than people. Wild life rules.... we also see some other wild cats now and then and even wolves now and then. Rule of thumb - night walks are not a good idea. Many protected species live in our huge National Forests and salt marshes. Wild life here is very protected most of the time and not in zoos.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Where are all these wild animals supposed to live? In Willow Creek, Windenbuerg, Brindleton Bay? Maybe in the woodsy world of Glimmerbrook, certainly in Granite Falls, but anywhere else would look out of place. Too many humans around.
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Maine looks like Granite Falls except most houses are further apart except in towns so Granite Falls and Glimmerbrook or maybe a new world even.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    possum
    Are you sure you mean possum?

Opossum-and-Possum.png

Because I question why you wouldn't also be listing kangaroos, koalas, wombats, quokkas, platypus, echidna, emu, cassowary...

And Wedge tailed eagles...
    Y3vEU.jpg

They're not your buddy, mate.
    10627042-0-image-m-9_1551829844113.jpg
    ForsakenLittleAnhinga-size_restricted.gif

They don't like drones.
    p2%20we%20are%20the%20big%20birds.jpg?itok=JrupmJY9

They'll even go for your kids, a wedgie took my baby
    731.jpg?width=300&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=6ee40568546d4ba1006ac210f5c285f1

But they have a predator of sorts, that most feared bird: The magpie
    33a584ba21fcfa2f8d06ca3447a7e933.jpg

And one last thing... bird

tumblr_nsiq6w5Uss1swo05fo1_400.jpg

Always laughing at their own jokes
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqdRQxgtZtI

• frenchfreyfrenchfrey Posts: 36 Member
    I think birds could be fun, pet turtles, pet rocks even
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I miss the parrots in Sims 3.